• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

got another podcast for yas

https://overcast.fm/+BhWXrr1Ys

Giant Size: 34 - Reading Orders

Thing that made me share:

They talk a little about analytics and how their top selling issues are a good indicator for what will do well in trades.

possibility of new UI/UX features in the future.

Do they talk about the ability to hide comics from your cloud list in the app? Because not being able to do that is total crap

Okay guys, I'm trying to plan out my next few orders from IST. My current plan is to bounce the 2% along for the next two weeks, as there's something coming out that I want in the next two updates, and I kind of want more comics now.

So my net haul plan is:
Miller Daredevil 1-3
Bendis Daredevil Ultimate Collection 1
Waid Fantastic Four 2-4
Loki Agent of ASGARD 2
Sunstone 1-2
Don Rosa Duck Library 1 and 2 set
and then the rest of the Batman Beyond/Justice League Beyond I need to be caught up there.

And then the date reliant ones are the Dial H hardcover next week and the next volume of MTMTE the week after that.

My current thoughts are to go with Miller Daredevil 1, Waid FF 2, Sunstone, and then maybe the next Beyond thing I need as those are the ones I'd benefit most from getting a feel for before diving all in (though I'm fairly certain I'm going to dive all in).

Quick question, though: Is the Don Rosa a good choice to give this Duck stuff a try? Seemed the best deal price wise, though I know Carl Barks is supposed to be amazing as well. Thoughts?

Also, vol. #7 of Robots in Disguise (rebranded to just Transformers with this volume IIRC) seems to have disappeared from IST. I've tried a ton of different searching methods, but I just can't find it. It disappeared into the void. And I KNOW I saw it pop up on IST when it came out... Any help?
Good plan. I did that last fall with a huge IST wish list. I'd do $50 orders each week

fauxtrot

Banned
Help, what Convergence books actually have a good chance of being worth my money tomorrow? I haven't bought a single one yet and I dunno if that should change, but I'm down to pick up any great issues I've missed in the last few weeks as well.

Help, what Convergence books actually have a good chance of being worth my money tomorrow? I haven't bought a single one yet and I dunno if that should change, but I'm down to pick up any great issues I've missed in the last few weeks as well.
Shazam

I might buy Infinity Inc but no guarantee regarding the quality

ReAxion

Do they talk about the ability to hide comics from your cloud list in the app? Because not being able to do that is total crap

Not specifically, but they do say they are always listening, which they said is demonstrated by their excellent customer service.

That's a good idea, tho. I'll join your cause.

Fucking flawless movie. 10/3

I'll admit, I would have liked it a bit more if
she was really in love with Caleb and they ran away together to have a litter of robot babies
, but even as it was, it was a brilliant film that really makes you consider things you don't often think about.

Not specifically, but they do say they are always listening, which they said is demonstrated by their excellent customer service.

That's a good idea, tho. I'll join your cause.

I've sent them an email about it, got the generic "No plans but we'll pass it along" thing

How can there be no plans? I have a bunch of free issues and preview issues shitting up my organization right now

Zombine

Banned
she was really in love with Caleb and they ran away together to have a litter of robot babies
, but even as it was, it was a brilliant film that really makes you consider things you don't often think about.

Like if you would date a robot.

Guys. I almost posted in one of the OT minefield threads. Then paused thought of JC and ran back here

Is he back yet or is he perm now?

Owzers

Started FF Type 0 for ps4, maybe video games aren't for me. First impression is noticing that my party members are doing next to nothing when i'm not controlling them. Between this and RE RE 2 it does feel like i'm playing awkward budget games. I should read comics.

Also, the Rockets are going to the second round today :/

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Kinda into these "lost" Deadpool issues in the 70s

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

Why would that have made the movie better
other than having a happy ending?

As far as machine intelligence stories go, it was almost naively optimistic.

Zombine

Banned
did you watch the babadook? I chose that first for my random netflix horror-ish movie. I liked it but it was weird...

I liked Babadook after I thought about it for a bit. I bought this movie to support the director because she's pretty badass. Lot of good people behind the film and the collectors edition is badass.

Awesome cinematography, really unique take on the vampire genre. The movie is the definition of the word "cool."

Messi

For my by Rafa by Sejic

omg_he_is_soooo_metal__by_nebezial-d59qtqe.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The good, the bad and the ugly arc coming up. Book has been great so far after the somewhat rocky start but I'm just about ready for Preston to get in her life decoy model

PsychBat!

Banned
The good, the bad and the ugly arc coming up. Book has been great so far after the somewhat rocky start but I'm just about ready for Preston to get in her life decoy model

The best arc imo. I stopped reading after that awful intro for Shiklah but I've been meaning to get on the book again.

And
XhdzDXm.png

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly was the best Deadpool arc I've read in a long, loooooong time. Some seriously good comics right there.

Though the most recent (as of MU) is a real contender.

The best arc imo. I stopped reading after that awful intro for Shiklah but I've been meaning to get on the book again.

And
XhdzDXm.png

Shiklah's okay, but the introduction... sort of sets the tone. She's just kinda there.

Does have some fun moments, though.

Oh right the Convergence issues. I was thinking something else for some reason.

Shazam ongoing will come out when DC unlimited is released and Superman stops simpin' Lois.

Seriously feel like I could have a chalk board for when the Shazam ongoing was rumored to come out. After Trinity War, after Forever Evil, after Convergence, after Darkseid War.

GL's new design reminds me of a jedi.

Bii

Care to extend that offer? :D

Sure. Some were saying TRU will cancel the order because I ordered more than the minimum but I guess we'll wait and see. I really don't care too much for Greninja; all I wanted was Robin and Lucina and was gonna use Greninja as trade bait. But now I have Robin and Lucina preordered through Wal-Mart.

And going back to comics, what's the deal with Batman #40 becoming hard to order? I mean, my LCS has mine held for my pull list but it's sold out on Midtown.

Top Bottom