• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

Tizoc

Darkseid's face reminds me of the 80s TF cartoon for some reason
tumblr_nitn2mYrLB1qdeazoo1_1280.jpg

Awesome art regardless <3

EDIT: Oh just saw this!
tumblr_nna3hvBmQP1qdeazoo1_1280.jpg

mreddie

It was always mediocre, just the art was amazing. It's one of the many books lately that lives and dies by its art in my opinion (ms.marvel, Rocket and she hulk being 3 other obvious ones, and those are good books)

I think Moore did the book justice and as it wrapped up, Smith did a decent job but man, the Scott stuff is a mess. It's too much for the eyes. As I said, the recent She Hulk books art was iffy to me.

Definitely grabbing Superman: Red Son and Gotham by Gaslight. What's the word on Power of Shazam? I'm really loving the cover of #4 with Mary Marvel but that's about all I know
Also interested in the Shazam book if anyone has any thoughts/impressions of that.
- So how was that 90s shazam series? Any good? Never read it and love to read more from Captain Marvel. Since Johns refuses to create the book
i haven't read it, but, supposedly, it is good!

e: actually wait, I'm thinking of the OGN Ordway did. i'm gonna have to read the #1 to find out
remember this great writing in All-New Hawkeye:
rGPGHs5.png

he probably sat there thinkin he was real clever too
what the fuck, man

Also, two questions about the above class picture:
1) The dude in the red hood behind J'onn: is that really just Red Hood? Otherwise I dunno
2) Who the fuck let Darkseid teach a gym class?
remember this great writing in All-New Hawkeye:
rGPGHs5.png

he probably sat there thinkin he was real clever too

Let's be honest: It's exactly something that Swordsman would say.

So apparently in this new comixology app there's no way to hide comics you've bought, so a bunch of preview issues are cluttering up my series list. And even if I archive them on the website, that's not reflected in the app at all

Brilliant

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So do any of the original sin tie-ins have anything to do with the actual watcher stuff? The ones I read because it was from ongoings that I've passed original sin (uncanny x-men and daredevil) might aswell have been stand alone stories, with only the "secret from the past" theme vaguely connecting them to the event. So am I good to, in this case, just reading the event books and read the tie-ins when I get to them in their books?

NexusCell

So can anyone give me context on this cover? I found it on another forum and I don't know what its referring to.

But I would like to say I would be totally ok with Medusa having the ability to shoot rainbows out of her hair.

NOqXutS.jpg

wetflame

Pizza Dog
How has it taken me until this morning to read the latest Unbeatable Squirrel Girl? Incredible issue. That first page. Book of the year.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
So do any of the original sin tie-ins have anything to do with the actual watcher stuff? The ones I read because it was from ongoings that I've passed original sin (uncanny x-men and daredevil) might aswell have been stand alone stories, with only the "secret from the past" theme vaguely connecting them to the event. So am I good to, in this case, just reading the event books and read the tie-ins when I get to them in their books?

I think most of them just cover the respective sins.

Hagi

Avengers and New Avengers finale tomorrow? damn i need to catch up asap so I can be ready for Secret Wars.

maybe if you ask yale nicely

if you're a girl he'll even throw in an extra lil' original nova free of charge

Is Nova what he calls his penis?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I still need to pick up the Tim Sale art book.
And the Sean Phillips art book.

Art books are the best, because it lets me get a taste of comics when I want to read comics but don't feel like actually reading comics. I still think Mignola's First 20 Years of Hellboy art book is my favorite book on my comics shelf.

The Arkham Knight season pass meltdown is real.

I, for one, am happy for extra content.

I sure hope it's better than the DLC for the last couple of Arkham games. I'd seriously be pissed if I'd have bought the season passes at full price for those.

£33 is a hell of a lot of money for a season pass when most new games are £40-45 in the UK though.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Bioshock Infinite was the last season pass I bought, and season passes can fuck off.

LOL ON TOPIC: I finally updated my post Convergence pull list. 31 titles. Most WTF inclusion is probably Prez that I imagine gets dropped after the first issue but WHY NOT. Ain't about that Bat-Mite or Bizarro, so they fell off despite my roommate thinking I'd want them.

Not worth it.

It's either that or buying some of these lewd Macross girl figures.

tim1138

I bought the Hyrule Warriors and Mario Kart season passes and was happy with the price/content ratio. Ain't no way I'd drop $40 on a pass though.

I never buy passes anymore. Always get it ala carte. Been burned way too many times and I don't care if it cost a little more buying them separately.

Tizoc

It's $40 in the US, but I think it may be less on PC.

Hell yes, feels good to be part of the problem!

Uh not really. PC will be $40 as well, have you seen the prices of COD Blops 3 on Steam?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/366843/?snr=1_7_7_151_150_1
It's fucking $50 that's the same price as the fucking game for multiplayer stuff.

The DLC for City and Oranges weren't much to talk about, and $40 for cut content that they don't want to disclose isn't any better.

Only way to get it for cheap is if you can find it in a region that lets you trade or gift a-ok with or via a price mistake. That or giving up hard earned Gaben dollars of GMG Credit :p
edit: Or Nuuvem.

Owzers

i never buy season passes, a lot of the story mission dlc i've bought from games like Mass Effect and Elder Scrolls were average experiences at best, so having me pre-order stuff like that is not going to happen.

Through the magic of Steam, I'll buy season passes when they go 75%+ off with the rest of the game

It seems like season passes never go on sale with Microsoft/Sony, just individual pieces of DLC. Which is bullshit

Top Bottom