• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

Zombine

Banned
That's a cute little place dude. What windows do you think you'll leave unlocked? What time
Do you guys go to work?

Ms Marvel front and center. Based.

Kamala is going to fan-gasm herself to death the first time she gets to yell "Avengers Assemble!"
xsHcogg.jpg

What happens is that the bloody thing has been on hiatus for freaking years. And the last couple issues have been finished for months. And marvel has no release date for them, apparently.

Because the last time SHIELD got ish's? 4 years ago.

But yeah, shield is pretty great. Better than East of West, even.

What happens is that the bloody thing has been on hiatus for freaking years. And the last couple issues have been finished for months. And marvel has no release date for them, apparently.

Because the last time SHIELD got ish's? 4 years ago.

I'm in the same boat. Not the first time that it happened. There was a book Warren Ellis worked on years ago called newuniversal, and I was really digging it. But then it just stopped coming out. :(

my Wondercon haul so far is mostly just some random indie books, and then two art/sketch books from some dude Alex Lee and Clio Chiang, who i think did the Endgame issue of Gotham Academy? Yeah, her stuff's good. tomorrow will probably be more getting some art. I also bought Sexcastle, can't wait to read that.

Everything I've put down is Syfy Original Movie levels of bad. There's an awful lot of "X meets Y" in these pitches and that's not a good sign. Time for some comics I think.

sounds like a lot of indie comics. i think everyone who pitched me today at Wondercon used "x meets y" to describe their stuff, which is fine considering the environment (and most were fairly outlandishly interesting) but man, the Syfy Original Movie thing... indie comics creators should really really hire pro colorists.

Owzers

with all the Daredevil hype and since i finished Breaking Bad, i decided to get back into Arrow's first season. the ACT-TING! It's the Christmas episode, but it's worse than i remember.

on the plus side, Duggan's Deadpool continues to be mildly hilarious, issues 7-10, and i started God Hates Astronauts and don't have much of an opinion on it yet but it's promising.

Bii

my Wondercon haul so far is mostly just some random indie books, and then two art/sketch books from some dude Alex Lee and Clio Chiang, who i think did the Endgame issue of Gotham Academy? Yeah, her stuff's good. tomorrow will probably be more getting some art. I also bought Sexcastle, can't wait to read that.

sounds like a lot of indie comics. i think everyone who pitched me today at Wondercon used "x meets y" to describe their stuff, which is fine considering the environment (and most were fairly outlandishly interesting) but man, the Syfy Original Movie thing... indie comics creators should really really hire pro colorists.

I've been telling myself the past few years that if I don't end up going to SDCC, I'm going to Wondercon instead. Maybe next year I'll put it on my schedule and just have a go at it. I haven't been to Anaheim in a few years so it would be nice to visit there again.

Big Wow is two weeks away and I have already made contact with Paolo Rivera to see if he can fit me in for a sketch. Told him I was going straight to his booth first thing Saturday morning and he was okay with that. But man, there's so many talented artists there, I'm excited to see them all: http://www.bigwowcomicfest.com/guests/artists_alley/
Any names there that I should keep an eye on? I've heard Don Rosa gives out free sketches but unsure if he would do something outside of Scrooge/Disney characters. Frank Cho might be tough to get.

My brother's friend is going to be there again. The last three cons I've been to he has had a booth up; looks like this time it'll be the fourth. Hopefully he doesn't think I'm stalking him, haha.

I'm hoping for one, but I don't know, man. I mean, the package would be glorious, considering Muller's design talent is absurd, but there just doesn't seem to be enough of a following, which bums me the fuck out.
I'd double dip on that for sure. I basically tell all my comics friends to check out Zero. They're response: what the fucks an Ales Kot?

Edit: I was actually rereading Hickmans SHIELD. This is so good. the mythology of the book is amazing. Supposedly Weaver is close to finishing or is finished drawing the series. God I wanna see the end of it

I've been telling myself the past few years that if I don't end up going to SDCC, I'm going to Wondercon instead. Maybe next year I'll put it on my schedule and just have a go at it. I haven't been to Anaheim in a few years so it would be nice to visit there again.

Big Wow is two weeks away and I have already made contact with Paolo Rivera to see if he can fit me in for a sketch. Told him I was going straight to his booth first thing Saturday morning and he was okay with that. But man, there's so many talented artists there, I'm excited to see them all: http://www.bigwowcomicfest.com/guests/artists_alley/
Any names there that I should keep an eye on? I've heard Don Rosa gives out free sketches but unsure if he would do something outside of Scrooge/Disney characters. Frank Cho might be tough to get.

My brother's friend is going to be there again. The last three cons I've been to he has had a booth up; looks like this time it'll be the fourth. Hopefully he doesn't think I'm stalking him, haha.
It's a pretty good show. kinda like a diet SDCC.

and holy shit, the shit i'd do to get a Paolo Riviera commish. Dude drew one of my first fav comics. Also that's not a bad artists alley. Dave Gibbons, Dennis Culver, Justin Greenwood, Ramon Villalobos (keep an eye out for sure), Joe Quinones, Jake Lloyd. Definitely and get a sketch from Jake Lloyd.

Rover Red Charlie

Then Garth Enniss went and decided that, yknow what, fuck that Grant Morrison cunt, i can also write a book about three house pets going through hell.

It's pretty damn good.

FeD.nL

Fun series. Favorite issue was the one where they bonded in Intercourse.

Really did not expected it to enjoy it as much as I did. Yup, that's probably my favorite issue as well, that entire arc up until that issue was pretty damn fun.

It does make me want to revisit the Deadpool omnibus, but first up Secret Warriors.

Rage of Ultron was quiete great. Easily the best entry of Marvels OGN Line.

The only thing I dont like is
the new Status Quo regarding Hank, but this can turn out into something exciting.
And when its really a first glimp into the Marvel Universe Post-SW, than I am happy that it seems that not that much is going to change.

Great book. Really brings me in mood for the Summer of Ultron.

Glad to see people enjoyed it as much as I did. First of Marvel's OGNs I've read. Tempted to get Waid's Spidey one now.

Think it's time to get my free month of Netflix. Can' wait for Daredevil.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Glad to see people enjoyed it as much as I did. First of Marvel's OGNs I've read. Tempted to get Waid's Spidey one now.

Think it's time to get my free month of Netflix. Can' wait for Daredevil.
The Waid Spidey book is easily the best story with Peter Parker focus since One More Day.

Messi

I bought a book without checking reviews ect. It was the complete Demo by Becky Cloonan and Brian Wood. Did I fuck up? I should have asked for your help. I know I should have. It was €25 so it's not that big of a loss of it is crap but I hope it's not.

I bought a book without checking reviews ect. It was the complete Demo by Becky Cloonan and Brian Wood. Did I fuck up? I should have asked for your help. I know I should have. It was €25 so it's not that big of a loss of it is crap but I hope it's not.
Demo is pretty good. Probably as good as Wood has ever done. That was around the time he was doing Local and Northlanders. Cloonan was still a bit raw but it's good

It's a good book. I enjoyed it

Messi

Gotta wait till Monday to get my copy of rage of ultron :<

But I got a new job with a big raise. MORE COMICS.

Awesome stuff and that is pretty funny considering your avatar.

--

New Sunstone page is up. First page of chapter 5.

Omg the fucking devastating feels, LISA NO!

Christ, someone console me. Freeza pls

giphy.gif

Zombine

Banned
Gotta wait till Monday to get my copy of rage of ultron :<

But I got a new job with a big raise. MORE COMICS.

I just realized that your Avatar is Rage of Ultron. I honestly never knew what the hell it was. It looks like a blob to me. Same with Silly Monkey. I used to think his avatar was the Gunzerker from Borderlands.

Yah its a little muddy specially on mobile. Was too lazy to change it but I'll definitely be grabbing a sweet ultron shot from the book for a new avatar.

And its out for delivery earlier than expected...gonna be a good day!

With my new income I'm gonna need to get a figure or statue for my comics shelf...and avoid falling down the rabbit hole....

Yah its a little muddy specially on mobile. Was too lazy to change it but I'll definitely be grabbing a sweet ultron shot from the book for a new avatar.

And its out for delivery earlier than expected...gonna be a good day!

With my new income I'm gonna need to get a figure or statue for my comics shelf...and avoid falling down the rabbit hole....
One? Hahaha nobody can stop at one

You wouldn't want your one statue to be lonely. It needs friends. Expensive friends.
Yup
Pai. The best statues are sideshow but also the most expensive. Dc direct does great quality statues that are mid tier price to high. Bowen used to make great marvel statues but they're out of the game. Ebay still sells them though

The best quality for your money are kotobukiya statues. They usually cost less than similar sized statues but they don't look cheap

Top Bottom