• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

I cant believe that the show is supposed to be that great. I just cant.

I never watch TV and I am COUNTING THE DAYS. I'm so ready for a shadier side of the MCU. I thought when I cancelled Netflix this time it'd be forever, but I guess they can have my €9 for two months a year.

PsychBat!

Banned
029147c25257a9e637a30badffd539cf1253e42bd6e672d385ef34b24a7b20f3.jpg

Man I ain't changed but I know I ain't the same.

Why we ain't got Shazam yet? I wanna see a Kid Eternity ongoing, brah could be a HUGE hit.

I never watch TV and I am COUNTING THE DAYS. I'm so ready for a shadier side of the MCU. I thought when I cancelled Netflix this time it'd be forever, but I guess they can have my €9 for two months a year.

I only wish Foggy was better cast. But I'd be happy to eat my words like a greasy Hell's Kitchen sub

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I only wish Foggy was better cast. But I'd be happy to eat my words like a greasy Hell's Kitchen sub

I've been mostly staying away from trailers, so I haven't seen much of Foggy. Hopefully he's just warm and genuine and basically exactly as Waid portrays him to be:
45ozm5.jpg

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Rage of Ultron was quiete great. Easily the best entry of Marvels OGN Line.

The only thing I dont like is
the new Status Quo regarding Hank, but this can turn out into something exciting.
And when its really a first glimp into the Marvel Universe Post-SW, than I am happy that it seems that not that much is going to change.

Great book. Really brings me in mood for the Summer of Ultron.

Dude superstar hotshot comics writers ain't got time to read comics.

They're writing three or more books while constantly checking twitter.
I just don't have the fire anymore brah. Not the fire to read. Not the fire to become a comics superstar. Not the fire to make the cute Chic-Fil-A girl say my pleasure. Walmart was my life. All my self worth.

ReAxion

I like this line:
When Vision comments on the rocket-powered skates that used to be part of old Iron Man armors, that works as a standalone comedic beat and as a wink to readers familiar with such minutiae.
for people who are like "ahh i need to know the entire backstory of a character to know what's happening now" - you don't really, if the writer's doing that kind of thing correctly.

Zombine

Banned
I like this line:

for people who are like "ahh i need to know the entire backstory of a character to know what's happening now" - you don't really, if the writer's doing that kind of thing correctly.

Evan is really good. I enjoy listening to him because he doesn't hide behind a keyboard. He speaks just as well as he types. He's very sensible and passionate about books and comic related things. He's at the wrong site.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
How likely is it that we'll get a Zero OHC collecting the whole series?
I'm hoping for one, but I don't know, man. I mean, the package would be glorious, considering Muller's design talent is absurd, but there just doesn't seem to be enough of a following, which bums me the fuck out.

tim1138

I've always found the Lego games to be a little too one-size fits all for my liking.

They're fun co-op romps, but yeah, having 120+ characters isn't as impressive when you realize that there's really only like three or four unique types and all the rest are reskins. It's all in the novelty of playing and using Rainbow Batman or Orion or Stargirl and tuning out how samey everyone is.

They're fun co-op romps, but yeah, having 120+ characters isn't as impressive when you realize that there's really only like three or four unique types and all the rest are reskins. It's all in the novelty of playing and using Rainbow Batman or Orion or Stargirl and tuning out how samey everyone is.

I can generally judge how much I'll enjoy a Lego game by how much I like the license, hence why the comic ones are my favourites. Overall, I find them pretty relaxing despite being basic. They're great podcast/radio drama games. I wish they had online though, local isn't really convenient for me.

And yeah, there are only a few types of characters. I remember playing the original Lego Star Wars and for free mode you needed a Jedi, a Sith, a Trooper, an Astromech and General Grevious (he had a double jump that was way higher than anyone else's) or you couldn't get everything. I wish they'd put Complete Saga and Clone Wars on sale. =(

Any of youse guys play the new Gauntlet? It's on sale at the Humble Store and we're looking for a new co-op game.

tim1138

I can generally judge how much I'll enjoy a Lego game by how much I like the license, hence why the comic ones are my favourites. Overall, I find them pretty relaxing despite being basic. They're great podcast/radio drama games. I wish they had online though, local isn't really convenient for me.

And yeah, there are only a few types of characters. I remember playing the original Lego Star Wars and for free mode you needed a Jedi, a Sith, a Trooper, an Astromech and General Grevious (he had a double jump that was way higher than anyone else's) or you couldn't get everything. I wish they'd put Complete Saga and Clone Wars on sale. =(

Any of youse guys play the new Gauntlet? It's on sale at the Humble Store and we're looking for a new co-op game.

My wife and I play them, and yeah, we only get them if we like the license. We've beaten all the Star Wars games, all the Harry Potter games, all the Batman (even though 1 and 2 were crap), and Marvel. We'll probably get Jurassic Park this summer because I can't resist that franchise.
Don't get me wrong, we have a lot of fun with them, but they're not deep games by any means.

Sadist

If Lego Jurassic Park doesn't feature Lego Malcolm saying "that's a huge pile of bricks" the game is dead to me.

DEAD.

I did enjoy the original Lego Batman (despite being flawed) and Lego Marvel. The latter had a bit of shitty framerate when traversing Manhattan though. On the other hand, you can ride a lion as Iron Man. Nothing can beat that.

I'm too busy with my backlog and work to play lego games, but I love how they made Shazam switch forms in the newest lego batman. They're packed with so many references as well, it surprised me. I'd play em with my kid if I had one.

Is anyone else weirdly interested in the new FF movie, and not in an ironic "haha i wanna see what a trainwreck this will be" way?

I want to see it, oddly though I'm not a huge fan of f4. I think they're kind of lame honestly, I know how awful that sounds because I've never read Hickman's run or any f4 comics. Still I watch just about every super hero movie, though Antman might be the first marvel movie I skip.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Ok, I'll tell the story. We saw another house last Wednesday that we liked but they were asking 7k more than what we could afford. Then we saw the other house that we bid on yesterday and it its condition was every but as good as the one we couldn't afford. Long story short, our realtor told the sellers about the other house and that they were over priced big time. We offered 132k and 4k closing, they countered at 135k and 4k closing, we counterd at 134k and 4k closing and they accepted.

Wooo! Congrats man!

mreddie

Still think LEGO Marvel is the best but the fact Jurassic World is doing Build a Dino sounds awesome and Lego Avengers...I get the feeling it ain't open world.

Also, Infinity trumps Amiibo...

MEGA MAN AND KIRBY ARE MINE!

Dunbar

Just went through my Secret Wars pulls for May and June. I don't even read that much Marvel normally, but I have subscriptions set up for 17 Secret Wars tie ins. This is either going to by my favorite event ever or I'm going to give up on Marvel forever.

Top Bottom