• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

Yo, the iZombie show is pretty great so far. I refuse to think about how a
hooker-killing police officer doesn't somehow shake up that entire police department

Also, Rose Mciver is the perfect woman.

Yes, I could stare at her all the time. She is my new celeb crush.

frye

Is anyone else weirdly interested in the new FF movie, and not in an ironic "haha i wanna see what a trainwreck this will be" way?

Owzers

All this talk about the paquette wonder woman statue is making me think about getting it....

Alllll the talk, everyone's getting it.

Currently writing pitches for this summer's tabletop RPG with my friends. This is hard as fuck right now. I'm sitting here with a stack of manuals and contemplating burning them all. I haven't done any creative writing since my last attempt at NaNoWriMo like two years ago. When I GMed for them last year, I mostly ran old Pathfinder Society adventures I had lying around and tied them together into my own narrative (I used the Four Horsemen of Death from Uncanny Avengers as a base for my bad guys since they fit the traditional Fighter/Wizard/Cleric/Rogue group well, added a fifth based on Death from Darksiders and used Chrono Seeds instead of Death Seeds, which kept them out of sync with time and made them immortal. They were stored in a pocket universe because reasons). They had a good time, but the combat was brutal because they were new and PFS missions are fairly unforgiving.

Even the fanfic-esque ones are more My Immortal than Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality. I miss my old group, they would loudly tell me how much I suck. The new group is just glad to have someone who's willing to GM. I don't know how writers do this for a living TBH. Makes me glad to have so many good stories out there.

Everything I've put down is Syfy Original Movie levels of bad. There's an awful lot of "X meets Y" in these pitches and that's not a good sign. Time for some comics I think.

One day, I'll grow up and have big boy problems. Sorry to hear you didn't get the house, Korupt.

Currently writing pitches for this summer's tabletop RPG with my friends. This is hard as fuck right now. I'm sitting here with a stack of manuals and contemplating burning them all. I haven't done any creative writing since my last attempt at NaNoWriMo like two years ago. When I GMed for them last year, I mostly ran old Pathfinder Society adventures I had lying around and tied them together into my own narrative (I used the Four Horsemen of Death from Uncanny Avengers as a base for my bad guys since they fit the traditional Fighter/Wizard/Cleric/Rogue group well, added a fifth based on Death from Darksiders and used Chrono Seeds instead of Death Seeds, which kept them out of sync with time and made them immortal. They were stored in a pocket universe because reasons). They had a good time, but the combat was brutal because they were new and PFS missions are fairly unforgiving.

Even the fanfic-esque ones are more My Immortal than Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality. I miss my old group, they would loudly tell me how much I suck. The new group is just glad to have someone who's willing to GM. I don't know how writers do this for a living TBH. Makes me glad to have so many good stories out there.

Everything I've put down is Syfy Original Movie levels of bad. There's an awful lot of "X meets Y" in these pitches and that's not a good sign. Time for some comics I think.

One day, I'll grow up and have big boy problems. Sorry to hear you didn't get the house, Korupt.

Hire Rafa

Zombine

Banned
Yes, I could stare at her all the time. She is my new celeb crush.

Gerber_FAST_assisted_opening.gif

What system are you using? And are you set in it? Try something in the Fate lineup, like Dresden Files or Atomic Robo. Lots of player input in setting things up, getting the ball rolling.

Gratz! Guess you got the cost thing resolved?

Ok, I'll tell the story. We saw another house last Wednesday that we liked but they were asking 7k more than what we could afford. Then we saw the other house that we bid on yesterday and it its condition was every but as good as the one we couldn't afford. Long story short, our realtor told the sellers about the other house and that they were over priced big time. We offered 132k and 4k closing, they countered at 135k and 4k closing, we counterd at 134k and 4k closing and they accepted.

Messi

Please tell me that the Secret Wars Amanda Conner variant wont be insanely priced. I am going to have to pay 20 euro for the Wada Hawkeye cover this week.

What the hell is going on.

Ah, Calne. This is a newer recolor of her. I think the older ones were better. The original was a straight-up Hatsune Miku coloration, and the variant was in a nurses outfit. This one is too tacky with the US theme.

What the fuck am I looking at.

Hire Rafa

I can't afford A-List talent like that.

What system are you using? And are you set in it? Try something in the Fate lineup, like Dresden Files or Atomic Robo. Lots of player input in setting things up, getting the ball rolling.

They're all different, so far there's:

- Star Wars: Dying of the Light, set during the Dark Times (Star Wars: Force & Destiny, this one depends on the release) and basically becoming What If: Force Unleashed along the way cause I really like that story and want to do it better. Not bound to canon so Episode IV will not happen as things stand.

- Dungeons & Dragons: Every Man's Sky (5th Edition Eberron with the Unearthed Arcana) rules, setting sail on an airship and battling corrupted Warforged who were made from souls captured during the Five Nations' War. Being D&D, it's easy just to fill time with "Look, a monster! And some loot!" but man, I want to do more with it. I love Eberron and I want other players to love it too. And yes, the title is robbed from a GAF thread.

- Every Day Will Be Forgotten (Doctor Who AITAS Day of the Doctor Edition): Defending Trenzalore with an elderly 11th Doctor (or playing warlords trying to take control of it). Trouble is, this is the darkest timeline, where the War Doctor never redeemed himself. Ten, Eleven and War never saved the Day, Gallifrey Fell, and the Time Lords won't be there to save the Doctor. So what happens after the end?

- Savage City: The Wolves at Your Door, continuing on from "The Wolves" which was a game I ran on weekends for a few months (Savage Worlds, though I think FATE would better for this). Basically Mortal Kombat style "everything goes" ninja pirate zombie robot in a cyberpunk world, working for The Wolves, a PMC fighting for freedom and a dishonest cred-check. The Wolves' leaders are based on Shield-era Dean Ambrose (lunatic charismatic leader), Seth Rollins (smug snake master planner) and Roman Reigns (strong silent type). Lots of heists, battling the corrupt police, maybe even mass urban warfare. Ideally this would be The Raid Meets Payday 2 But In The Future.

- Uncanny Suicide Squad: Escape from the Future (Mutants & Masterminds 2E or Marvel Heroic Roleplaying): Set in my mish-mash superhero setting, where in the Multiverse, All Stories Are True, Somewhere. One year ago, Earth barely defeated the forces of the Unity (the Borg, but with fungus/plants as opposed to tech). Now, from the one-second-out-of-sync-with-time-prison Lockdown II, what's left of the good guys are mounting their comeback.

The world's falling apart, the Powered are going to war against each other, the Briarwood is burning, the Conspiracy (a meta with power copying, duplication, shape shifting and mind alteration, so anyone can be a drone and not even realise it) is making his power play and the last team that was enlisted escaped and are still at large. With most of Earth's heroes dead or assimilated, we've turned to criminals to defend us. You'll save the world, or die trying.

- All-New SMAW (Saturday Morning Anime Wars): All-girl superpowered team defends the Multiverse. Based in the Cartoon World, which is Battleworld but made up of animes, 80s & 90s cartoons (so no comic characters, but Superfriends and the DCAU are both different sections) and Disney and Pixar movies. Ran two campaigns with a similar theme for a different group, plus a one-shot over Christmas called "The Siege of Arendelle" (yep, we did an action movie in the Frozen world) which went over really well.

And failing all that, there is a chance we may go back to Dark Heresy: Hearts & Minds, where we ran a few games about a system thought lost by the Imperium, fighting a losing battle against a Tau invasion that is winning the war on the battlefield and in the thoughts of the population. Sort of like those soldiers that didn't realise World War II was over.

Top Bottom