• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

GregSequential

Neo Member
Just discovered Comics GAF -- what are this thread's thoughts on Marvel's New Avengers/Avengers Secret Wars buildup vs Convergence #0? I thought the 0 zero issue for Convergence was terrible and awfully written compared to Infinite Crisis/Final Crisis type events, while Hickman's been knocking it out of the park for years with his Secret Wars mega story. I started out in comics around 10 years ago loving DC around the time of Infinite Crisis but despite affection for DC characters, the writing quality of some Marvel comics has slowly brought me around to buying more and more Marvel titles

You know just Spider-Gwen in that frank cho picture would've been understandable. Dumb, but at least it's a call back to something

Spider man being a creeper in the same picture however just makes it seem scummy

MG310

I still think he's very talented, but man, he will just commit hard to every shitty joke/thought that comes into his head.

Owzers

I know there will be drama behind this, but frankly i dont care.

Not cho problem?

i thought i was funny until i remember the whole knock knock "nacho cheese" joke..now i'm sad.

Let others be not funny sometimes without out all the wounded feelings.

Squire

Banned
Going against the grain and not being offended deems my opinion invaluable in this case? I see.

Oh, is that what it is? I read it as an expression of ambivalence in the face of reasonable criticism, which always strikes me as just lame, honestly. Like putting out a PSA to tell everyone you don't care about something, even though they do. Alright? Thanks?

I guess it's bewildering because while you might not be offended, you certainly care that other people are (or really, just think the commission is a dick move) since you took the time out to post.

MG310

Here's some fancy WonderCon Meras from Kevin Wada and Sara Richard.

11093084_976476632375264_2126075254_n.jpg

and a fun Spidey from Ramon Perez

*adds to the list of people I want to get sketches from*

Owzers

i was going to buy god hates astronauts vol 2 tp but then i got the urge to wait for the next humble bundle. That's a deep level of hosing creators.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Oh, is that what it is? I read it as an expression of ambivalence in the face of reasonable criticism, which always strikes me as just lame, honestly. Like putting out a PSA to tell everyone you don't care about something, even though they do. Alright? Thanks?

I guess it's bewildering because while you might not be offended, you certainly care that other people are (or really, just think the commission is a dick move) since you took the time out to post.

i havent seen any reasonable criticism though. most of the criticisms in this thread are attacks of his character, not his piece. and how is commision a dick move exactly?

My Sunday list on Monday since the puppy takes up all my home time and now I read my comics at work list.

Convergence #1
Convergence Batgirl #1
Convergence Batman And Robin #1
Convergence Harley Quinn #1
Convergence Justice League #1
Convergence Nightwing Oracle #1
Convergence Speed Force #1
Convergence Superman #1
Convergence The Atom #1
Convergence The Question #1
Convergence Titans #1

I'm excited for convergence, I liked #0 and looking forward to what happens.

Also here's a bonus puppy picture.

I ain't angry, but I did roll my eyes a couple of times
Here's some fancy WonderCon Meras from Kevin Wada and Sara Richard.

and a fun Spidey from Ramon Perez

*adds to the list of people I want to get sketches from*
Didn't know Sara Richard or Ramon Perez were there. I probably would've gotten something from her, I liked/have her Jem variant

MG310

I ain't angry, but I did roll my eyes a couple of times

Didn't know Sara Richard or Ramon Perez were there. I probably would've gotten something from her, I liked/have her Jem variant

Whoops, those were actually from FanExpo. There's so many shows!

Top Bottom