• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

PsychBat!

Banned
Remender possibly on Spider-Man? I sometimes give his Uncanny Avengers shit for that Havok speech and Wanda's response. But his other current books at Image and Cap Falcon have been superb so far.

Messi

Wada Squirrel Girl commission is great

O3XUqh6.jpg

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Remender possibly on Spider-Man? I sometimes give his Uncanny Avengers shit for that Havok speech and Wanda's response. But his other current books at Image and Cap Falcon have been superb so far.

cap falcon has suprised me. i never thought id say id be looking forward to a falcon book.

The start and end of UA were awful, but the 17 or so issues in the middle were god tier.

Cho also did that "kissing cousins" pic of She Hulk and Hulk. Wonder if he's got a George Michael situation going on.

I finished Rage of Ultron last night, I liked it but
the ending was so rushed. Like what even happened to Titan and everyone who was infected since Vision's plan failed? Some were just there during Wasp's speech but Sabretooth straight up ripped Spidey's head off and that never got resolved lol, and we dunno what happened to Titan/Planet Ultron.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Now i kinda wanna see you go through Secret Invasion.
Rhaknar knows what to do next.

I need long breaks after these events (just like after AvX), but my eventual next 2 I want to check are House of M and Age of Ultron

for now im back on Waid's Daredevil, which is so good its silly. only had time to read 6,7 and 8 last night (and amazing spidey 677 which is also by waid and part 1 of the DD/Spidey/Black Cat story, part 2 is DD 8)

the whole thing with the DA lady flirting and him insisting hes not DD and she not buying it for a second is so fucking cute. Please tell me that they are a couple soon
and that she doesnt die like every fucking girlfriend he has >_>

Parallax

Seems like the rule of Events GAF considers as shit are awesome for me continues.
Axis will be so glorious.

It.... Exists.

Thats about as much praise i can give it. But can understand if there are aspects of the series that are liked. Just not the core.

House of M is pretty decent by Marvel Event standards but i don't think much of it. it's really only interesting because of what it lead to, on its own it's whatever imo

Bii

Eh, it's a commissioned piece. Sure, he could have turned it down but to each their own. Speaking on a somewhat related encounter I had, I was at a convention not long ago and was talking to one of the artists there. Two young girls (I'm just going to assume they're of age) stopped by and was trying to ask him a question on what sort of commissions he'd do, all the while they were giggling and their faces turned red. After a minute of prodding, they finally asked what they wanted to ask, which was "do you draw yow-we?" We both weren't familiar with what it was so we asked for them to clarify. Apparently boys kissing boys is a thing (for the record, they wanted Erin and Levi from Attack on Titan). They didn't go through with the commission but just thought it was interesting what sort of pieces fans ask for.

Anyway, I'm not sure where I'm going with this. Maybe I should have someone draw me Batman kissing Batman one of these days...

Nothing with the Inhumans, apart from Black Bolt in New Avengers, is doing it for me at all in Marvel lately. It's not exactly a hard concept to make work either.

Inhuman is one of the things I've been reading on MU. It's okay, but it's easily the worst thing I've been reading lately.

Eh, it's a commissioned piece. Sure, he could have turned it down but to each their own. Speaking on a somewhat related encounter I had, I was at a convention not long ago and was talking to one of the artists there. Two young girls (I'm just going to assume they're of age) stopped by and was trying to ask him a question on what sort of commissions he'd do, all the while they were giggling and their faces turned red. After a minute of prodding, they finally asked what they wanted to ask, which was "do you draw yow-we?" We both weren't familiar with what it was so we asked for them to clarify. Apparently boys kissing boys is a thing (for the record, they wanted Erin and Levi from Attack on Titan). They didn't go through with the commission but just thought it was interesting what sort of pieces fans ask for.

Anyway, I'm not sure where I'm going with this. Maybe I should have someone draw me Batman kissing Batman one of these days...
So thats happened to me a couple times. Teenage girls love their yaoi. I did one back in November. I wasn't familiar with the character which I think was named 'Clear' but they were super happy with the results haha. It's always nice to see someone that happy with a drawing

PsychBat!

Banned
Speaking of which, what is the worst comic you're reading now? I mean, while you know it's not bad by any means but it doesn't compare to other ongoings you have in your pull list. What's the weakest?

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
So thats happened to me a couple times. Teenage girls love their yaoi. I did one back in November. I wasn't familiar with the character which I think was named 'Clear' but they were super happy with the results haha. It's always nice to see someone that happy with a drawing

ED, ARE YOU CURRENTLY TAKING COMMISSIONS?

E: Shit, that was meant to be a PM.

Zombine

Banned
Speaking of which, what is the worst comic you're reading now? I mean, while you know it's not bad by any means but it doesn't compare to other ongoings you have in your pull list. What's the weakest?

Geez I don't even know. I drop everything that I feel isn't worth my time.

Parallax

amazing spider man

Well, I'm still easing myself into this whole "buying comics week by week" thing, so my pull list is only 2 strong: Grayson and Gotham Academy. Of the two, I'd have to say Grayson, honestly.

Of Big Two books, probably Amazing Spider-Man. It's sucked since the relaunch but I could never drop the flagship Spider-Man book.

Otherwise, probably The Transformers. MTMTE is just so much better, plus I'm really tired of edgy tweener Prowl. He's never had much characterization in other media, given that he's generally Optimus Prime's Second Officer That Isn't Jazz, but I really don't like what they've done with him. But like ASM, I could never drop a Transformers book. I own every Dreamwave Transformers comic ever printed, for instance. I even own that dreadful Hardwired prose novel set in the DW continuity.

MG310

Vampire Batman holding regular Batman shitty romance cover style.

I'm not sure if they still go but there used to be ridiculously large manga vendor at NYCC with a giant "Welcome to Yaoi-Land!" sign across their booth.

Bii

It wasn't - it was a sketch he did himself, like a warm up thing

That's weird. I just assumed it was a commissioned piece. :/

Someone in this thread has defended Identity Crisis in the past, but I can't remember who.

Identity Crisis was my first "graphic novel" I read and thought it was a fun read (mostly just remembering how Deathstroke was portrayed, badass by the way). I'd probably have to go back and reread it to formulate a more conclusive opinion.

The weakest I'm pulling right now is probably Rocket Raccoon. First few issues were great. This new arc really suffers from the lack of Skottie's art. Jacob Parker does a fine job but it really lacks that extra oomph. And the story's been kinda boring.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I thought you were kidding about wanting that Casanova Quinn kissing Edward Zero commission...

Haha, don't worry, it'll be a run of at least 5, and you and Ales and Fraction will be getting "hand-embellished" copies.

Also, Ed is now the resident Yaoi expert.

oh, DRAMAtical Murder commision, eh?

Probably Hulk, will likely stop grabbing future volumes. Last books I dropped were Uncanny/All-New X-Men, not awful but they just kinda stopped grabbing me during/after Battle of the Atom.

Bii

Vampire Batman holding regular Batman shitty romance cover style.

I'm not sure if they still go but there used to be ridiculously large manga vendor at NYCC with a giant "Welcome to Yaoi-Land!" sign across their booth.

Only if Ed does it. I'd send him my sketchbook.

Top Bottom