• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

Also another advantage of the hashtag digital future, dat extra room for all my cookware since no shelfs for books. So good.

Join us, bros.

Zombine

Banned
Also another advantage of the hashtag digital future, dat extra room for all my cookware since no shelfs for books. So good.

Join us, bros.

Digital is fuckin awesome. I still love hardcovers because they are so cheap on IST, but my weekly list has gone entirely digital. I'm all about that highest fidelity image.

Indeed. Went to visit pops, saw one of them Mahvel floppies being printed down here, had a look and realized that it was Ultimates when evil reed opens worst tony's skull. Fml what horrible print quality, such muted colors.

Situation seems so dire for the local printer that they packing 3 ishs per floppy tho. had ultimates, xmengs and some other nonsense that i couldnt quite identify.

Also found out that Ultimates are called Supremes down here. Weird.

Gimme comix on a 55 inch telly with page and ish tracking all day every day.

I like actually having ownership rights to my comics, thanks.

Also, pretty sure my physical copy of Saga #1, 1st printing has better resale value than my digital copy.

NeonZ

I wonder what DC would do if one of the Convegence books involving characters from the Pre-Flashpoint universe absolutely blew up in terms of sales reception lol

They've already said that past characters will be open for use afterwards, even though it won't have much of an effect in the main New52 world.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/wc-15-dc-comics-convergence-panel-with-king-jurgens-a

A reader who came to DC with the New 52 asked what Convergence will do to that continuity following the event. "What we're looking forward to post-Convergence is that any version of any character will be available to us," said King.

Lobdell said the post-Convergence reality will mostly follow on from where the New 52 left off.

I wonder what DC would do if one of the Convegence books involving characters from the Pre-Flashpoint universe absolutely blew up in terms of sales reception lol

Probably try to make said character's new 52 counterpart more like them, or introduce them to the universe if they aren't already.

Messi

Yep, at least in North America, they sell them at the snack bar by the check-out.

hqdefault.jpg

Mindwipe

Probably try to make said character's new 52 counterpart more like them, or introduce them to the universe if they aren't already.

Yup. Problem is that the two titles where that's most likely to happen are Oracle and married Lois and Clark, and there's no way that DC will have the balls to admit either of those was a mistake.

Yup. Problem is that the two titles where that's most likely to happen are Oracle and married Lois and Clark, and there's no way that DC will have the balls to admit either of those was a mistake.

I'm not even a huge fan of Lois & Clark, but damn I'm tired of Superman's awkward Lois embraces with WW watching them acting like nothing weird is happening. They just need to bring Lois & Clark back and not attach WW to anyone for a few years (or at least make her relationships not the main focus of the story).

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Just got back from holiday in Singapore/Vietnam yesterday, I have a lot of comics catching up to do. On the plus side, my Ultra Comics floppy was waiting for me at work today so I can get started right away.

Owzers

I'm starting to put together my next DCBS order (June).. This is hard guysss.

All the new DC and Marvel titles.. my order is already past $100 and still going. Its difficult to not blindly try everything.. how do yall do it. lol

Marvel Unlimited helps with passing Marvel stuff, and i'm not confident that the Secret War minis will be good so i don't want to stock up on them only to read a bunch of semi-good stuff. With DC, i've given them a lot of tries and i'm not that interested.

if Gleason' Robin were 2.99 i'd consider trying it.

Just got back from holiday in Singapore/Vietnam yesterday, I have a lot of comics catching up to do. On the plus side, my Ultra Comics floppy was waiting for me at work today so I can get started right away.

I'd noticed a distinct lack of Pizza Dogs in my life recently. Welcome back bro.

My IST package is out for delivery, would be nice if it got to my place before I get off work. Finally, I can return to not reading new trades.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I'd noticed a distinct lack of Pizza Dogs in my life recently. Welcome back bro.

Ha, thanks. To be honest I'd been skimming the thread a little while I was away but without access to comics I didn't feel like I could jump in the discussion. I'm about to binge my way through the last couple of weeks though so I'm sure I'll come storming into here in a frenzy to talk up whatever I missed. At least I didn't miss a Squirrel Girl or Ms Marvel.

Apparently, DC is going to make Jason Todd a big part of the DCCU's Batman mythos. They're also courting the John Wick directors.

It's all just a rumor, but the possibilities are... exciting, to say the least.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
You guys asked me for proof that I really bought a new shelf and here it is:

Still need to put a few books in it, but I really like this Kalanx Shelf

(Now I really deserve a coke...)

You guys asked me for proof that I really bought a new shelf and here it is:

Still need to put a few books in it, but I really like this Kalanx Shelf

(Now I really deserve a coke...)

ThatsAShelf.gif

Once again Google Translate gives me absolute nonsense for your tweet.

"SEE YOU ONLY MY WORK ON!"

Thanks Google Translate! :D

Also, I wanted that hotdog pic too.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I wanted to see the hot dog(s) not the shelf.
I can show you the gyros with cheese I am ordering in a couple of minutes :D

ThatsAShelf.gif

Once again Google Translate gives me absolute nonsense for your tweet.

"SEE YOU ONLY MY WORK ON!"

Thanks Google Translate! :D

Also, I wanted that hotdog pic too.
I wrote the same thing like Tom Hanks shouted as he finally made a fire in Castaway :D
Building the shelf was quiete difficult... A couple of parts were missing :D

tim1138

Apparently, DC is going to make Jason Todd a big part of the DCCU's Batman mythos. They're also courting the John Wick directors.

It's all just a rumor, but the possibilities are... exciting, to say the least.

That's too bad.
I've never really understood people's fascination with Red Hood/Jason Todd. But I'm also not a Punisher fan, so maybe he scratches that itch for the DCU?

That's too bad.
I've never really understood people's fascination with Red Hood/Jason Todd. But I'm also not a Punisher fan, so maybe he scratches that itch for the DCU?

I've personally liked Red Hood because you get to see the Batman who kills while keeping the traditional Batman who doesn't. It's like having your cake and eating it too, more or less. You get someone who you can nod too and say, yeah, you should fucking merc the Joker, even if its not actually going to happen.

That's too bad.

I mostly just really liked the Under the Hood movie. But... I feel like Jason serves a different role than the Punisher (who I also dislike), in that he's a lot more... vulnerable, I guess. In the stuff I've read, at least.

He also jobs a lot more, which reinforces the perception that Punisher-style tactics wouldn't really fly in the DCU. So that's nice.

tim1138

I've personally liked Red Hood because you get to see the Batman who kills while keeping the traditional Batman who doesn't. It's like having your cake and eating it too, more or less. You get someone who you can nod too and say, yeah, you should fucking merc the Joker, even if its not actually going to happen.

Yeah, the Batman with guns/who kills does absolutely nothing for me. To each their own though.

Yeah, the Batman with guns/who kills does absolutely nothing for me. To each their own though.

Yeah and I like both. I mean, I'm a Superman fanboy. I love the idea of the hero who will champion an ideal like he does. But I also appreciate that someone in universe has issues with the revolving door nature of villains and advocates doing something about it even if, as I mentioned, it doesn't actually happen. It seems better than just ignoring it.

dan2026

Its like every couple of years DC are like 'THIS is the super secret, super final, never before seen, actual, uber, even more powerful, god like Brainiac.
All those other twenty Brainiacs were just fakes lol.

Then in another couple of years it will be 'no THIS is the super secret, super final.....'

Is Brainiac the most reinvented character ever?

I have no idea what that guy is anymore.

Computer AI / Robot
Coluan Cyborg

The basic premise doesn't really change all that much. He just sees alot of use because you can defeat and destroy him and it doesn't matter because it wasn't really him or he has a backup or whatever.

Convergence just seems to be
drawing it out a step further and saying that there is a Brainiac that exists on a higher level than those of any one universe.

How/why is Chrononauts only a 4 issue mini series !? :(
Never noticed that leading up to its release. .. Cant get enough Murphy

-

These are the "New" books I am getting so far...
(just the ones available on DCBS so far anyways)

DC:
Convergence (main book)
We Are Robin
Constantine The Hellblazer
Bizarro . (I'm not crazy about the Harley Quinn book,, preview says ill basically not like it if I don't like Haryley lol..)
Batman Beyon

Marvel:
Secret Wars (main book)(
X-Men 92... I am super hyped for this. Very nostalgic
Weirdworld (I know nothing about these two books,, sound cool i guess)
Armor Wars " " " " "

Top Bottom