• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

MG310

Got my Paquette Wonder Woman in today :D Had to glue the tip of the sword back to the base but other than that she's perfect.

DSCN3986.jpg

DSCN4007.jpg

DSCN4006.jpg

DSCN4005.jpg

DSCN4001.jpg

That's too bad.
I've never really understood people's fascination with Red Hood/Jason Todd. But I'm also not a Punisher fan, so maybe he scratches that itch for the DCU?

Neither do I. Didn't care for Redhood and the Outlaws and he's been mostly a tool to interact with Batman rather than an entertaining character on his own. Rather see more stuff about Tim or Dick.

I hope there isn't a DCU film about Red Hood, DC has plenty of characters and shouldn't just do more Batfam films (aside from Batwoman). I always liked the film that was pitched about Arrow being stuck in Supermax.

She looks a little bit annoyed.

Wonder Woman ain't got time for your shit.

Neither do I. Didn't care for Redhood and the Outlaws and he's been mostly a tool to interact with Batman rather than an entertaining character on his own. Rather see more stuff about Tim or Dick.

I hope there isn't a DCU film about Red Hood, DC has plenty of characters and shouldn't just do more Batfam films (aside from Batwoman). I always liked the film that was pitched about Arrow being stuck in Supermax.

While I always liked that concept, Green Arrow: Escape from SuperMAX would have been the most unfortunate movie title in Ireland since The Last Airbender:
.472.354.1.1.c.supermacs-1.jpg

I've had quite a few escapes from Supermacs in my time.....

She looks a little bit annoyed.
You would too if people insisted you run around without pants all day.

I just really want an(other) Under the Red Hood movie, and the John Wick guys would do such an amazing job.

If you are willingly eating in Supermacs you deserve everything you get. Fucking awful tripe.

It's really bad. Not McDonalds enough to be McDonalds, and nowhere near as good as a local chipper. When I was in college I would point blank refuse to eat there when there were two gastropubs, a Hillbillies and three chippers on the same street. I would even take Subway over it, and Subway here is godawful.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Subway is great. I never feel as bad afterwards as when I went to a true fastfood restaurant. Also, you can drink as much as you want... I always take a cup of ice tea back to the office when I finished eating :D

"Whaddaya think, Bob? Compelling and engaging stories that are entertaining while staying true to the character instead of butchering them?"

'"Nah, just give 'em pants and call it a day. People in pants relate to other people in pants."'

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
"Whaddaya think, Bob? Compelling and engaging stories that are entertaining while staying true to the character instead of butchering them?"

'"Nah, just give 'em pants and call it a day. People in pants relate to other people in pants."'

I never read comics with pants on. Do y'all?

I can attest, due to my experience in dealing with hobos and the elderly (pretty much same difference, btw) that i do, in fact, relate far more to people in pants than to people that lack pants.

Sadist

You Americans and your jumbo sized drinks

Seriously, I'll never forget the look of the American girl who studied abroad back in college after I got her a cup of coffee.

"Oh thanks! But, eh, this is a medium coffee. I asked if you could get a large"
"Well, not to disappoint you, but this is a large in Holland"
"Really? Oh wow. Well, I guess it could be stranger. At least I can get a refill right?"
"... ... ... ..."
"... ... oh. I've made a huuuuuge mistake"

Guys should I get the Walt Simonson Orion omnibus or the two Hickman OHC's for Avengers/New Avengers?

If there's no rush for the Hickman books, I would wait for the inevitable omnibus where everything is in the correct reading order like the FF ones. I was going to buy the OHCs but I don't really like how they're laid out.

Simonson is good. Mostly basing that off Thor though.

You Americans and your jumbo sized drinks

Seriously, I'll never forget the look of the American girl who studied abroad back in college after I got her a cup of coffee.

"Oh thanks! But, eh, this is a medium coffee. I asked if you could get a large"
"Well, not to disappoint you, but this is a large in Holland"
"Really? Oh wow. Well, I guess it could be stranger. At least I can get a refill right?"
"... ... ... ..."
"... ... oh. I've made a huuuuuge mistake"

Their huge coffees make far more sense after you've tasted them. And wondered why they call it coffee.

tim1138

Man, they focus too much on the multiplayer.

I hope people are careful with MKX spoilers. I don't get to play it for at least a week after release. I've waited four years for this.

I like playing fighting games online and everything, but I appreciate how much stuff Netherrealm jams into their games. Capcom games feel barebones by comparison despite being stronger mechanically. As the main fighting game player in the group, it makes NRS games much easier to recommend to my friends.

I wish Test Your Luck or even Kustom Kombat was playable online. The GOAT of multiplayer modes.

You might want to stay away from Mortal-KomicsGAF just in case, then. XD

I should be okay as long as you don't Freeza it. I don't want to stay off GAF for two weeks. I'd have to talk to people then. You don't want me to have to do that, right?

I guess I can watch Daredevil or something.

Mortal Kombat 9's story mode is considered one of the best in the genre.

Which isn't saying much, but it's solid, campy fun.

I despise the boss fights, though.

As someone who remembers the days when the only reliable way to get the Mortal Kombat story was the giant Lore of Mortal Kombat article on GameFAQs, I fucking loved the MK9 story mode. Everyone gives out about the Shao Kahn fights, but the fight where
Raiden has to do three 3 v 1 matches in a row
is far worse. I wish every fighting game had a story mode like that. Imagine a proper Marvel vs. Capcom story mode with the UMVC3 cast of voice actors. HNNNNNNG.

Even better, Deception and Armageddon never happened now. The intro to Deadly Alliance was one of the biggest shocks I ever got playing games though. So good.

Top Bottom