• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

What is it about? I haven't heard of it before.

Basically, it's about a demon named Plenilunio who is seeking this thing called a Soul Key and wants to help wake his lover from an endless sleep (well, sleepwalking if you want to get technical). There's more to it than that, but that's the main plot so far at least. The art is very reminiscent of Mike Allred or Jack Kirby and the coloring is very similar to what you would see on a classic horror movie poster.

The trade collects the whole mini-series. I don't know if there's gonna be more but Image put it out so you can get it for cheap online if you're interested. I really only bought it cause I saw the ad for it in Nameless and I liked the logo and art, but it's a pretty good read so far.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this mole-man little 2 parter on daredevil was kinda fucked up, good stuff.

Another spiderman (and punisher too) crossover next, soon after the spidey / Blackcat one. is that a "thing" with this Waid run, all these crossovers with other books?

I mean it's no biggie on MU but would suck for trades for example

Owzers

Placed my dcbs order....so few books.

specials: Autumnlands vol 1, Drifter vol 1, Hawkguy vol 2 OHC, Rumble vol 1, Starfire #1 trial

rest: Black Science, Danger Club #6 maybe? if i can get them to add 7 and 8, East of West, Manhattan Projects Sun, Nameless #5 of 6, Saga, Walking Bread, Bucky, Howard the Duck, Secret Wars #3 and 4 of 8.

I'm hesitant to give DC another shot, or even continue buying Snyder's Batman. I'd buy a Johns Shazam book, but i'm not sure i'm in for more of his decent/sometimes good Justice League even if Darkseid War is event-hyping. And then on Marvel's side,Weirdworld, Marvel Zombies, and E is for Extinction are at the top of the list but i'll probably wait for Marvel Unlimited for all of them unless something gets a lot of gaf-love and dcbs lets me add it.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Welp, got a E-Mail from Amazon. Hawkguy OHC Vol. 2 is out ok the 27.11. ... :(

Another spiderman (and punisher too) crossover next, soon after the spidey / Blackcat one. is that a "thing" with this Waid run, all these crossovers with other books?
They did this really good. Every Crossover is collected in multiple Trades. I have two books alone with the Black Cat one.

PsychBat!

Banned
uZQM97B.png
Can't wait for tomorrow.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Fuck, I really need to buy that Bendis Daredevil Collection.
But I still have to pay rent, pay a 100€ rate for my fridge, save 350€ for my car... :/

Cade

Comic covers are so ugly nowadays. Ultimate banner, Marvel now! banner, ad for TV show, ad for event, digital edition ad...

Nothing compares to when there's real people on them like DC's Arrow variants or the Thor TPBs with the movie cast, but still.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Is it too late to chip in on how the current Waid/Samnee Daredevil run is incredible? It is. Great book. Also everybody knows they should take over Spider-Man next.

Tizoc

Is it too late to chip in on how the current Waid/Samnee Daredevil run is incredible? It is. Great book. Also everybody knows they should take over Spider-Man next.

I've been praising that book for years, y'all too busy with Hawkbro to have ever noticed :V

So I actually finished reading Future's End. I'd been a few issues behind.

When we getting the last issue? Or the last page? Lol it literally just ends. Come on guys. I was actually digging the last couple issues too.

Is Outcast and Nailbitter any good? Im looking for some fresh comics and these were recommended on the Colin & Greg Podcast

I read just the first issue of Outcast (maybe second), it was decent. Dark, evilish. I believe Korupt is/was reading this.

Also Nailbitter, I was reading it up to the last few issues. That was good too, nice art another horror deranged killer(s) type of book.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I read just the first issue of Outcast (maybe second), it was decent. Dark, evilish. I believe Korupt is/was reading this.

Also Nailbitter, I was reading it up to the last few issues. That was good too, nice art another horror deranged killer(s) type of book.

I've been reading Outcast. It's slow going, but I like the atmosphere and the art. I think it's worth reading.

As a Mechaphile, I feel my needs aren't being addressed in this industry. So many sci-fi titles but nary a one with Giant/Transformable/Mecha. And I'm not talking about your weird robot yaoi transformers comics.

'Cause mecha (that aren't from Battletech) are dumb. Why do they have hands?

The better to fuck shit up with.

Depends on the source material. Macross, for example, had Earth fighting against 80 foot tall Giants. So the mecha transforming into humanoids was to put humanity on even footing against the alien soldiers. You have all the mobility and versatility that feet and hands give you, just much larger.

The better to fuck shit up with.

Depends on the source material. Macross, for example, had Earth fighting against 80 foot tall Giants. So the mecha transforming into humanoids was to put humanity on even footing against the alien soldiers. You have all the mobility and versatility that feet and hands give you, just much larger.

But mechanical hands are different from organic hands; they violate KISS in a colossal number of ways. Anything you want your giant fighting robot to do can be done better by just strapping weapons to its arms, IMO.

But mechanical hands are different from organic hands; they violate KISS in a colossal number of ways. Anything you want your giant fighting robot to do can be done better by just strapping weapons to its arms, IMO.

Assuming all you want to do is shoot shit, sure, maybe. But what if you want to reload, or switch weapons, quickly? A mecha with articulation can just do that without going back to a hangar and having a new load out or ammo installed. What about shooting around corners? Or moving debris? Or punching the shit out of something?

And for as much as KISS can apply, just as often the Rule of Cool overrides this.

Also fuck Battletech. I don't care about your prohibitions against shooting down jumpships. I'll do it anyways. Fuck the space police.

Assuming all you want to do is shoot shit, sure, maybe. But what if you want to reload, or switch weapons, quickly? A mecha with articulation can just do that without going back to a hangar and having a new load out or ammo installed. What about shooting around corners? Or moving debris? Or punching the shit out of something?

And for as much as KISS can apply, just as often the Rule of Cool overrides this.

Also fuck Battletech. I don't care about your prohibitions against shooting down jumpships. I'll do it anyways. Fuck the space police.

If you need to punch something, you have already failed to kick it.

Switching weapons: that's why you also attach more than one kind of gun to the mecha at a time. Shooting around corners, that's what arms are for (but not hands).

And while you don't need to run back to the hanger to reload, you do need to run back if you get some gravel in the knuckles.

Or a servo is miscalibrated.

Or any of a dozen other mechanical failure points fails. Rule of cool only applies if the result is... well, cool.

Zombine

Banned
Come on guys...asking why mech's have hands is like asking why there's always some girl who has to pilot these things naked in suspended animation. It's just the law of the universe.

Keep it simple stupid.
I try to use "smartguy" unless I'm looking to deliberately insult someone, but yeah. The basic idea is that the more that can go wrong with a design, the more that will go wrong with a design, so by reducing the complexity you improve the performance.

BMW needs this up on their wall somewhere.

ElNarez

Banned
The Death of Deadpool is a messy comic. I like it a lot.

The way they kill off Deadpool is absolutely brilliant, though. You'll love it.

Top Bottom