• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

If he's worried about getting sand in the cracks why not fix the problem by adding guns there?

This is a good solution for stuff in general, tbh.

I don't know about you guys but I want realism with my giant mechas

It's not that I want realism, per se. I just don't think the end result is cool enough to justify the unrealistic bits.

Oh, Pacific Rim gets a pass, on account of being so ridiculously over-the-top.

I don't know about you guys but I want realism with my giant mechas

Actually I sort of do? I'm not asking for hard Sci-fi but I do appreciate in universe limits and logic behind things. Gundam 0079, for example, has alot of random BS for why certain technologies do or don't work or why this model is stronger than that model, but because they stay consistent to their rules and laws, you can enjoy that suspension of disbelief. Bullshit like Evangelism, however, does nothing for me because they just don't give any fucks at all.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Googled robot yaois because I didnt know what it is.... Found a page with a yaoi with a robot dog..ß phew o_O guys, what are you doing? o_O

Tizoc

Googled robot yaois because I didnt know what it is.... Found a page with a yaoi with a robot dog..ß phew o_O guys, what are you doing? o_O

Well since someone brought it up, I am DISAPPOINTED that we never got a CatmanXDeadshot Yaoi.
I AM DISAPPOINTED IN YOU, WORLD!

Ever since Halo 3 happened, it's quite settled that John 117 is completely insane. Partially due to all them roids he took since early childhood. Partially due to shoving an AI stick at the base of his skull all the time. Wearing a poncho most likely makes sense to him.

Bullshit like Evangelism, however, does nothing for me because they just don't give any fucks at all.

Real talk: eva is at its worst when they try to cut the bullshit and actually apply some hard rules. Yes shinji, you've become fanta.

Well since someone brought it up, I am DISAPPOINTED that we never got a CatmanXDeadshot Yaoi.
I AM DISAPPOINTED IN YOU, WORLD!

Took like, five sec.
e37212dc1da3ae73ea2a25618cff5519.jpg

Yaoi more or less means boy love. So you wouldn't call someone a "yaoi", more that the art or theme is yaoi. Also, welcome to a part of the Internet you hadn't discovered yet.

That's why we have our Japanese animes brah

That has its own set of problems.

Cade

Rule of thumb if you don't know what a Japanese word means, don't image search it. That works for most words, actually..

Catman is so underutilized. I want a big awesome Catman series by a good creator.

ok dc
not buying any of it but you've successfully convinced me to put all of convergence on my wish list
iunno, just kinda want to see what everyone's been up to...

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
The last page or two has been too much laughing. You guys are the best.
Never change, Weekday-WeekendComicsGAF.

I guess I just have a ghost book because Copra Round Two doesn't exist on Amazon or IST

If it makes you feel better, I have it on my IST wishlist, though it says "Not Available," so we do have some proof that it existed at some point.

Whats in the box on the left? Nice counter. Not as nice as Bii's perfect white counter but it looks good. Ever see people doing shit in the building across the street?

This post was wildly underappreciated. I was dying.

Y'all gotta check out Translucid TPB,

I was hyping it up like crazy when it was out, I know a couple people were asking when the trade was coming out. Its out. And should bought!

Oh! Thanks for the heads up! I was one of the people saying I'd maybe check out the trade when it came out, but when I was going through the IST latest releases yesterday I passed it because I clearly didn't remember it at all. So yeah, thanks for reminding me that this was something I want to check out! Added it to my wishlist. Definitely seems like something I'd enjoy.

Tizoc

Rule of thumb if you don't know what a Japanese word means, don't image search it. That works for most words, actually..

Catman is so underutilized. I want a big awesome Catman series by a good creator.

Well there's always Gail Simone's work that featured him.

Messi

I bought all of Convergence. My resolve died when Comixology updated. Fuck.

My comics cost me nearly 75€ today.

SUAAApv.png

Why you killing your own industry? What would Didio think?

I do really wish they'd gone for better talent overall. Some bright spots but, man, I don't want to hear what Frank Tieri thinks about the Justice League, I just want to read a good Justice League story. Seeing the old guard like Cowan and Weeks still being able to rip it up is sure nice, though.

I do really wish they'd gone for better talent overall. Some bright spots but, man, I don't want to hear what Frank Tieri thinks about the Justice League, I just want to read a good Justice League story. Seeing the old guard like Cowan and Weeks still being able to rip it up is sure nice, though.
I agree. I want my old pre 52 stories but many are with c list talent. I wait for digital discounts anyway but I'll wait to hear which are the good ones. Rucka on question is a no brainer.

I'm looking forward to hearing what Convergence books are good. I'm pretty much open to anything but I want to know more before I take the plunge on some.

Vyer

I've only read Convergence #1 so far, which was meh compared to #0, and Rucka's Question, which of course was solid and I'm sure will make some pre New52 fans pretty happy.

Not sure if I'm trying anything else or not yet.

I'm all for trying out new talent. Sure, why not, for one and done story lines. This industry can be a bit of an insular circle jerk at times so it's great to see new blood given a chance.

Cheska

Did they seriously have to release all of the cool Convergence minis all at once!? At $4 an issue each, I'm really not sure I want to buy all of them ;_;

E the Shaggy

I'm a bit confused on the Deadpool ending:

Is this implying that the Deadpool we've been following is an alternate reality version?

Did they seriously have to release all of the cool Convergence minis all at once!? At $4 an issue each, I'm really not sure I want to buy all of them ;_;

I don't know what to buy :(

I want to check out Superman, Speed Force, Nightwing/Oracle, Harley, Question, and Batgirl but that's too much

Dang0

I'm a bit confused on the Deadpool ending:

Is this implying that the Deadpool we've been following is an alternate reality version?

No, Deadpool is killed by the incursion thats going to destroy the 616 (mainline) universe in Secret wars.

Cheska

I don't know what to buy :(

I want to check out Superman, Speed Force, Nightwing/Oracle, Harley, Question, and Batgirl but that's too much

Exactly! I think I may cut it down to just Question and Nightwing/Oracle. I wanted Batgirl too, but I'm not really feeling the art that much. I'm on the fence for Harley since it stars Poison Ivy and my girl Selina too.

Messi

Exactly! I think I may cut it down to just Question and Nightwing/Oracle. I wanted Batgirl too, but I'm not really feeling the art that much. I'm on the fence for Harley since it stars Poison Ivy and my girl Selina too.

How are you not picking up the Gotham City Sirens. I should revoke your girly hijinks club membership.

Top Bottom