• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

I wanted to read through Daredevil Born Again before tomorrow but lol reading comics

I started playing Valkyria Chronicles again on Steam tho

NeonZ

And? What does that have to do with convergence sucking

Also Dan Didio already did Convergence back in 2007 it was called Countdown Arena. I wonder if he forgot he mandated that event or if he liked it so much he forced DC to do it again,

It'll be only Countdown arena if everyone senselessly dies. So far, outside of some very minor characters that aren't starring in any books, like the wild west crew, no one has died, and many heroes are talking about finding a way around the death game.

Well, one *is* kinda developed with the vita as the lead platform.

Still a bloody good resi, tho. way better than rev1 and re6 so far. Completed chap 2.

picked up Superman Convergence #1 and the convergence books. nothing much happened in the main mini. too much exposition and set-up.
felt that Superman #1 did a far better job setting up the story. miss Lois and Clark so much. it really felt like I was back in mid 2000s or so.
a Lee Weeks drawn Superman would have been glorious but Dan Jurgens seriously needs to update/upgrade his dialogue. bad. very bad.
I miss the Superman that is fully confident in his abilities and has 15 years of experience under his belt and knows he can handle any problem thrown his way. I think new 52 Superman is getting there but slowly.

picked up Superman Convergence #1 and the convergence books. nothing much happened in the main mini. too much exposition and set-up.
felt that Superman #1 did a far better job setting up the story. miss Lois and Clark so much. it really felt like I was back in mid 2000s or so.
a Lee Weeks drawn Superman would have been glorious but Dan Jurgens seriously needs to update/upgrade his dialogue. bad. very bad.
I miss the Superman that is fully confident in his abilities and has 15 years of experience under his belt and knows he can handle any problem thrown his way. I think new 52 Superman is getting there but slowly.

That is the point. New 52 Superman is all about the journey from young buck Morrison Action Comics Superman to the elder statesman. He's the in-between phase, which adds a bit more emotional conflict.

That is the point. New 52 Superman is all about the journey from young buck Morrison Action Comics Superman to the elder statesman. He's the in-between phase, which adds a bit more emotional conflict.
I hate that they had ma and pa Kent dead in the new 52 universe. One aspect I always loved was Supes hanging out with his folks in the farm to get advise, relax, or perspective on something. I really miss that and the Lois/Clark marriage.

Owzers

RE that good?

......never....

I am getting tired of From Software's "stories". This is the forth game now and it's all so disappointing, you have people tying together lore through item descriptions as if that's adequate in itself. I like the cryptic, mysterious vibes of going through this bizarre world, but i need more out of it.

Load times, beginning frustration beating the first two bosses alone until i got small bell, one terrible boss fight in
Micolash.....stop running you jerk
, mulitplayer not working that well getting my friend to join, the same minimum storytelling combined with an interesting world i wish had more storytelling, load times, load times, load times. I'd give it a solid 7ish.

It's interesting to see GAF's opinions sway from "definitely best game of the series" to being more critical of the game as the hype dies down. From shouldn't get a free pass with the technical issues in the game, they really do hurt the experience. Feels like a huge step backwards from how Dark Souls 2 handled online as well. Bloodborne is a good game but I don't think it's a GOTY contender even as a huge souls fan. Hopefully Arkham Knight comes out polished, Rocksteady's history with PC has been less than impressive.

It's a Miyazaki game AND a PS4 exclusive, of course people are going to overlook the flaws

The loading time has affected me more than any hitboxes in Dark Souls 2, and there was much more backlash over the hitboxes (which I really haven't had any problems with). Really excited to get my hands on SoTFS, sounds like they changed a ton of things.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It's interesting to see GAF's opinions sway from "definitely best game of the series" to being more critical of the game as the hype dies down. From shouldn't get a free pass with the technical issues in the game, they really do hurt the experience. Feels like a huge step backwards from how Dark Souls 2 handled online as well. Bloodborne is a good game but I don't think it's a GOTY contender even as a huge souls fan. Hopefully Arkham Knight comes out polished, Rocksteady's history with PC has been less than impressive.

It's a Miyazaki game AND a PS4 exclusive, of course people are going to overlook the flaws

I think Bloodborne is an excellent game that swivels between brilliant and infuriating. Having finished it tonight, I can honestly say that I really enjoyed the experience - but am also relieved that it's over. Maybe I'm starting to feel Souls fatigue at this point. When I get into a groove and make constant progress, it's a blast. But when you hit that one boss that becomes a brick wall, it can be rage-inducing, and I don't want to be angry when I play games to have fun.

As for GOTY, I'd say it's way too early to toss out names yet. Especially when Witcher 3 isn't out yet.

Owzers

If you make a game where people die a lot and there are long loading times plus added runarounds, you're an asshole. It feels like people excuse this because they still feel like the Souls series is the underdog franchise that is precious to them and it's a unique game. I hope Jesus put on his earmuffs so he wouldn't hear all the swearing going on in my head during those loading screens after the 15th Father Gascoine death.

after i give up on RE RE 2 i have FF Type 0 on hand from gamefly to play and return once it gets boring, but the wait for Witcher 3 begins now as the next game i care about.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm loving Sins but I loved vanilla DS2 so...

Also happy Daredevil day

Aaand now I find out that AIM used to be run by MODOK.
Welp, gotta track down Secret Avengers.

Also Andrew Forson dropping dem truthbombs on tony.

Rhaknar

I loved everything about Thor #1. Also I didn't know Thor (the male one) actually
lost his arm
, I thought it was just armor when I saw pics

Silver Surfer #6 was great too but that's expected from that book really

PsychBat!

Banned
I loved everything about Thor #1. Also I didn't know Thor (the male one) actually
lost his arm

Wait, did you read Thor: God of Thunder?

Vibranium

Banned
After I finished Bloodborne i went back to Resident Evil Revelations 2.....the difference in quality is too great.

You should play the Resident Evil Remake instead. One of the greatest games ever made, 13 years and a HD update later.

Nothing like having puzzles, item and ammo management, and difficult enemies. I would love a comic book based around the concept of someone trying to survive in a creepy dead mansion actually.

lost his arm

You should probably go back and read all of Thor: God of Thunder, because it's essentially one long story Aaron is telling.

Vibranium

Banned
Yeah, I like how Aaron's run is playing the long game. I'm curious how he is going to tie things together for the next writer, I wonder if the Old Thor timeline will continue existing.

Rhaknar

4121108-bwidow2014011_int_lr2-3.jpg

I love this book

Rhaknar

I was talking about you reading Thor #1 when you should have started at Thor: God of Thunder #1. You're missing out. :(

Thor is one of those things I would never reach out to on my own as I have no interest in the character, I checked the new one to see what the fuss was about. Nobody recomended that Thor run until now. I've added it now tho

Bii

Guardians Team-Up #1

Not sure what's going on here but there's like three Hulks on the cover. Regular Hulk, She Hulk and Hulk with Swirly Biceps. Is the galaxy so fvcked that we need three Hulks? Man, let's hope the actual comic is good...

Bendis?...oh.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Guardians Team-Up #1

Not sure what's going on here but there's like three Hulks on the cover. Regular Hulk, She Hulk and Hulk with Swirly Biceps. Is the galaxy so fvcked that we need three Hulks? Man, let's hope the actual comic is good...

Bendis?...oh.
Swirly Biceps Hulk is Drax, right? And it's Gamorra not She-Hulk. Or am I missing the joke?

Just finished No Mercy, GAF.

And... this might be a book that gets to me. Being out there in the Mexican wilderness. The stories my parents told me about what it's like. Freezing cold at night and raging hot during the day. My parents are from Mexico so they were kind of used to it. But, these kids.... they are in deep shit.

I read the preview it was cool, haven't read the whole issue yet. (I did buy it)

-

I'm picking it up. Waiting for #3 to arrive so I can start reading #4. :/

Same for me,, I got the first two issues I liked it,, but all the hype I've been hearing how good Mr. Vader has been, I feel I need to see if its all creditable . lol
Plus Darth Vader is just an awesome character

-

its a book of the Spider-Family, its a must-buy for me anyway :D
But I will to have to wait for the Trade. I would buy a Digital Code but Silk #1 doesnt appear on ebay... :/

Let me know if you still need a code.

Dunbar

If I've never read a Daredevil comic but I'd like to read some before watching the TV show, and I have Marvel Unlimited, what should I check out? I have a limited series called The Man Without Fear marked to read but that's it. Is there a specific run that influences the TV show or does it draw from lots of stuff?

Top Bottom