• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

No, I like the show at times. The Maud Pie episode was my favorite episode last season. I just didn't think COMICSGAF and MLPGAF shared some members.

I technically don't post in or even subscribe to the MLPGAF thread, but yeah, there are a few MLP fans in here.

I think the main FiM comic, from what I've read of it, goes a little too overboard with the pop cultural references, but is otherwise good stuff.

Just read Superman and Speed Force from Convergence. Speed force was... eh. It was alright. Felt rushed, though; having Wally actually start losing it on panel would have worked better.

Superman, though, was pretty great-- and I say that as someone with no particularly special attachment to married Lois & Clark, and hasn't read Flashpoint to boot. Very well done. Better art than the rest of the Convergence books as well, IMO.

Still prefer the New 52 costume, though.

Now for Question. Thinking about picking up Atom and Justice League next, those any good?

Tizoc

2013-02-10.jpg

http://www.the-gutters.com/comic/378-ben-bates/

mreddie

Okay,

Steven Universe
Bee and Puppycat
MLP
Regular Show

It is. I'll start from their first issues except MLP, I'm getting the one with the Wrestlemania cover.

Always liked Gutters. Sohmer's longer stories tend to get kinda... unfocused, but Gutters was consistently funny.

Anyway, read Question. Good stuff, felt more like it was telling its own story than the others. Also, the art reminded me of the 06' Blue Beetle run, aka my all-time favorite comic, so that's always a plus. Cully Hamner is pretty good, guys

PsychBat!

Banned
I'm a fan of MLP too. When I went in to the fandom, I initially called myself a brony but within six months the negative connotations that went along with that word forced my friends and I to no longer be identified as such. Now, we're just people who watch the show.

That said, I haven't even caught up and I'm way behind. And it's not one of my top priorities to catch up anytime soon.

PsychBat!

Banned
I'm so tired of these dipshit arguments going on in OT about which comic book show is the best one. It's in every comic book show thread. I mean, come on. It just breeds negativity and undue hostility.

Owzers

I'm so tired of these dipshit arguments going on in OT about which comic book show is the best one. It's in every comic book show thread. I mean, come on. It just breeds negativity and undue hostility.

Daredevil is the best. I'm from the future and there is hope.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So is the iZombie comic anything at all like the show? Ghost and weredog notwithstanding, is there also a bad guy zombie turning other people into barely zombies and what not?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

My favorite is dark souls 2 shitting on BB thread or vice versa...it's the same series! Same developer! It's not even a Marvel vs DC or MK vs SF thing lol

Messi

They added Friday Night Lights to the Irish Netflix and I just rewatched the first episode of the show. I think it might be the best first episode of any TV show. It's just perfect.

#comixs

PsychBat!

Banned
Just finished No Mercy, GAF.

And... this might be a book that gets to me. Being out there in the Mexican wilderness. The stories my parents told me about what it's like. Freezing cold at night and raging hot during the day. My parents are from Mexico so they were kind of used to it. But, these kids.... they are in deep shit.

Cheska

So this is out next week I believe. Matt Hawkins got his copies today. Gimme dat Sejic goodness.

Has anyone actually been keeping up with the series? I've liked what I read from the first trade, but I wonder how it holds up overall.

I'm super interested in Sejic's Death Vigil, seems like it would be right up my alley.

So is the iZombie comic anything at all like the show? Ghost and weredog notwithstanding, is there also a bad guy zombie turning other people into barely zombies and what not?

The comic is almost completely different from the show except for the main character gaining memories by eating brains. In the comics its not even really about solving crimes, instead the goal is more to help the deceased gain resolution to things that bothered them when dying. Like one mother who died while being estranged from her only daughter.

Messi

Has anyone actually been keeping up with the series? I've liked what I read from the first trade, but I wonder how it holds up overall.

I'm super interested in Sejic's Death Vigil, seems like it would be right up my alley.

Death Vigil is prime Sejic delivering awesome friendships and characters. You can really tell his heart is in the book. Plus it's coming back after the summer for another volume / ongoing. It originally was just 8 issues. You will love it Cheska. Plus he is killlling it on art.

They added Friday Night Lights to the Irish Netflix and I just rewatched the first episode of the show. I think it might be the best first episode of any TV show. It's just perfect.

#comixs
filmed at my Alma mater.

Tru story. Dillon High School is where future comics superstar Ed was on the come up.

real name of the high school was pflugerville high

First look at Jared Leto with green hair in the new Suicide Squad thread. Having trouble w/ images atm, but he's doing the Killing Joke pose with the camera.

Top Bottom