• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

Tizoc

What now? Haven't been keeping up

All I know is they announced DLC before the game was even out; cut out content.
....and there is also the fact that playing online locks you to a region rather than let you play against anyone you want regardless of region; this is for PS4 only though, as XBone doesn't have this restriction.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
What now? Haven't been keeping up
A couple of people in my german gaming forum are reporting, that without the 1.8/2.4 gb patch you can only select Sub-Zero and Scorpion, one arena and single fights.
Without the Day One patch, the game is just a demo.

I didnt made a thread because I dont own the game and couldnt check, but its shady shit if true.

My comic pride and joy. I'll not get rid of for a long time.

fyqArDa.jpg

Tizoc

A couple of people in my german gaming forum are reporting, that without the 1.8/2.4 gb patch you can only select Sub-Zero and Scorpion, one arena and single fights.

I didnt made a thread because I dont own the game and couldnt check, but its shady shit if true.

Dat digital future :p
Honestly I don't get why you buy a game that's like 30 GB on disc only to have all that data copied directly to the HDD.
I liked when the PS3 would only install some sub 5 GB data and that was it.

It's stuff like this that's making me go all Digital with my upcoming PS4 :/

Bii

I should probably try and get my #1 signed by Snyder. I had the chance last year at SDCC but didn't being the comic with me. :/

Sadist

Man now I feel really good about my spending habits, lol.

Got Rage of Ultron and Hawkguy vol 1. Couldn't resist the latter. Bro.

Tizoc

Man now I feel really good about my spending habits, lol.

Got Rage of Ultron and Hawkguy vol 1. Couldn't resist the latter. Bro.

Eh I'm holding off buying some TPBs til post June...or maybe even end of the year.

Trying to switch to a new work place that offers part time contract so I can take this course at a college while still working to cover for it :p

I only own one original art page. It's a good one though.

Multiversity Society of SuperHeroes

Pencils by Chris Sprouse. Digitally inked and colored.

ZqzqROZ.jpg

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Daredevil makes me so sad that the Frank Miller Companion is so expensive. Marvel is stupid as shit that they dont reprint that stuff.

Is there beef between Marvel and Miller?

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
My comic pride and joy. I'll not get rid of for a long time.

Awesome! I'd love to see more of Comics-Gaf most prized signed comics. I'm going to look for my personalized Batman & Robin issue, and some others later. I also have a Casanova issue that Fraction doodled on as I was talking to him at comic-con a while back.

Zombine

Banned
That's not the frame its in brah. That was just the slip case I bought at the Con to carry it around. It's in a nice $35 frame from Michaels.

Lol oh. In other news I bought a Walmart frame just now and I got home and the bottom plastic part was broken off. I'll return it tomorrow.

So is Punisher ending? Sorry, I don't follow comic news much so let me know if I should I go back and read this thread? Punisher is one of the few comics I pull these days.

Also does anyone read both Punisher and Black Widow? Do they tie together somehow other than that one moment in issue 9 or 10? I'm wondering if I should try to read the Black Widow series too when it comes out in trade.

I do read both,, No they don't really tie in besides #9 & #10.
Punisher is ending, but... It will relaunch with two new Punisher books. I don't know the details on the creative teams tho, or when exactly.

Black widow is friggin beautiful tho.. I've never really cared much about the character but its been stellar art and decent story so far.

If someone can't download a 2GB patch, they should probably get better internet before they go buying €70 games and €400 consoles.

Still waiting for my GMG key. Probably won't come before I get the 'puter anyway. Dat 25% voucher though.

I spent more than $800 this week... My wallet :(

I just paid for my PC. €1600 for everything and I still need to get a mic. 100% worth it though.

RE: signed comics, I only have one, my Walking Dead Compendium is signed by Charlie Adlard:

Yes, I know my thumb is bloody, I almost tore my fingernail off by accident coming home from work. Used about half a roll of toilet paper.

He also gave me this:

I thought about asking for a Katie-Kate, but I thought it would be weird to ask an artist to draw a character from a book they don't work on.

We also had a good laugh when my show-watching-only friend asked for Daryl Dixon.

Sadist

Some of us have no will power. Lol.
So I read. But don't worry, if I had even more money to spend... yikes.

Eh I'm holding off buying some TPBs til post June...or maybe even end of the year.

Trying to switch to a new work place that offers part time contract so I can take this course at a college while still working to cover for it :p
Yeah, that's more important. :) Good luck with the new work/college!

Edit wooooaaaaah that Michonne! Jelly!

Cade

That's pretty messed up. Gives me hope there actually IS a demo, though, so that's nice.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
my reaction to the first 2 episodes of Daredevil

holy-sht.gif

frye

Yeah, but its a No-Brainer and since stuff like Alias and even Howard the Duck are reprinted, this is just wasted money.

Eh, it's a no-brainer for the Miller/Janson omni to get reprinted, which it has been.

This is a bit more dicey (speaking as someone who actually owns that omnibus) because what you really want in there are 1) Man Without Fear and 2) Born Again, both of which are pretty available. Aside from that you have Spectacular Spider-Man 27-28 which is, frankly, not particularly interesting unless you're into the deep cuts of Miller. You have Daredevil 219 drawn by John Buscema, which is cool and all but it's only 1 issue and it's certainly no Born Again. You have Daredevil: Love and War which again is more of a historical fascination because it's the work that Miller and Siekienwicz thought was the masterpiece between it and Elektra: Assassin when in fact it was the latter.

Top Bottom