• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

Bii

I'm surprised how few people here have read Darth Vader.
I mean...it's Darth Vader. Who for reasons beyond my knowledge is iconic, and I just role with it.

I'm picking it up. Waiting for #3 to arrive so I can start reading #4. :/

Sadist

I'm not into Star Wars so I have no interest in any comics related to it
Oh man, you're in dangerous waters now man. All dem Americans here and their love for everything Star Wars...

I don't care that much for Star Wars either. Watched all of the movies, the original trilogy I somewhat enjoyed. Except for Ewoks. Because fuck Ewoks

Owzers

I mean...it's Darth Vader. Who for reasons beyond my knowledge is iconic, and I just role with it.

I don't trust things that try to wedge in between other stories. "This is stuff that happened in between two things i already saw". Same reason i don't like prequels, it limits creatively where things can go.

I prefer the Star Wars EU to the movies more often than not. My favourite time periods of Star Wars are the Legacy Era and the Dark Times, especially the Dark Times. I gotta check out that Kanan book at some point.

yeah It feels exactly the same from the issues I read. Quick question will any of this matter after the event? Like I don't want to get too invested in what looks like Pre Nu 52 DC only to have to deal with NU 52 DC when its over..... my Geek heart doesn't deserve that....

At the end the villain made mention that the surviving worlds would make up the NEW DC multiverse which means that Multiverse guidebook that we all spent $8 on 2 months back? Yea its already non canon

Reading Howard #2...is the whole
sexy gun
business supposed to be a
hentai
joke?

Also, so far, it's better than the first issue.

EDIT: Oh my god
Spidey's Howard memorial
bwahahahaha

Francavilla did a movie poster for Ex Machina:

Ex_Machina_FF_Poster2.jpg

Wanna see this movie so bad.

Vyer

I'm on Vol 4 of More Than Meets the Eye.

Shit man this series gets brutal. The way this book goes all out with mutilated bots that have just enough of an analogue to humans is kind of unnerving. seriously, fluids and lubricants flying everywhere.

The book also uses a great sense of scale. So a lot of the lesser known autobots that make up much of the meat of the characters are literally smaller in scale to some of the heavy hitters. All the 'big names' that people would know, Optimus Prime, Ultra Magnus, Megatron, etc. etc aren't really all that present in the series (well except for Magnus) but when they do appear their stature visually matches their status.

It also gives it much more weight and feels much more dire when these little guys are throwing themselves against what are, for all intents and purposes, actual monsters and fighting for their lives.

Just a really impressive series all the way around.

Splatt

I went nuts when Tai and Matts digimom reached the mega level.

I am currently at the Skullgreymon episode. So much nostalgia. I really hope Digimom Tri is going to be good.

I'd love to rewatch the series but I'd break down in tears like a little girl when I reach the final episode

giphy.gif

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I'd love to rewatch the series but I'd break down in tears like a little girl when I reach the final episode

giphy.gif
The later episodes were pretty dark. It started with Myotismon and when the kinds returned to the digiworld. The last episode
were suddendly everybody died
was really sad.

Season two is on Instant Video, too, but I am not sure if I want to watch this, too.

That comic is SHOCKINGLY good. I honestly can't believe how great this new batch of SW comics are. Top tier talent really makes a difference. I liked a lot of EU books back in the day, but they just don't hold a candle to the straightforward funk of this Darth Vader book, or Aaron's Star Wars.

Just drum tight storytelling.

Dunbar

Looking for some stuff to read tonight and I realized I have 3 issues of Nameless I haven't started yet. Is it impenetrable Morrison or readable Morrison?

For reference, I've been reading Multiversity and read Morrison's runs on Batman Inc and Action Comics and I couldn't make heads or tails of any of it.

Owzers

Looking for some stuff to read tonight and I realized I have 3 issues of Nameless I haven't started yet. Is it impenetrable Morrison or readable Morrison?

For reference, I've been reading Multiversity and read Morrison's runs on Batman Inc and Action Comics and I couldn't make heads or tails of any of it.

I mostly go along for the ride with Morrison stuff, i didn't think Nameless #1 was too out there. It's a little weird though.

It's a little weird, but that's only because the story themes are intended to be (think Cthulhu mythos in space). As far as the writing, it's completely understandable. It's not Invisibles Morrison.

Vyer

it's lite Event Horizon Morrison

Francavilla did a movie poster for Ex Machina:

Wanna see this movie so bad.
The movie looks phenomenal. Really gonna try to convince the wifey to see it.

I feel that poster is one of his weaker ones. The coloring on the robots face is just not as striking as his colors usually are. He definitely tends to use two color schemes with great efficacy but this one is a bit meh for me

Tizoc

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG
CCLb255WgAAUW7F.jpg

CCKm0OCWMAIZgRx.jpg

CCLkVZzUkAADIZk.jpg

THE WAIT FOR THE DELUXE EDITION THAT'LL HAVE ALL THESE COVERS WILL BE TOO MUCH TO BEAR

mreddie

Okay, I'm thinking getting into a comic based on a cartoon. Are there any that are good?

Yes, I'll even accept MLP. I just need something before Daredevil takes my time.

Messi

Okay, I'm thinking on getting into a comic based on a cartoon. Are there any that are good?

Yes, I'll even accept MLP. I just need something before Daredevil takes my time.

Bob's Burgers is written by the shows writers and is amazing.

I heard the Adventure Time books are good.

Tizoc

Okay, I'm thinking on getting into a comic based on a cartoon. Are there any that are good?

MLP's good, Megaman is fantastic.
There's always TMNT too~

Okay, I'm thinking getting into a comic based on a cartoon. Are there any that are good?

I'll agree with Messi, Bob's Burgers is great if you're a fan. Adventure Time is nearly always good. If you're looking for a complete story, I can recommend Marceline & The Scream Queens or the Fionna & Cake mini.

And there's always Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye, although Last Stand of the Wreckers is standalone and amazing.

Most of the Boom ones are fantastic:
Adventure Time
Bravest Warriors
Regular Show
Bee & Puppycat
Steven Universe

Top Bottom