• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

Zombine

Banned
I hope they give Catwoman a better costume.

Gotham-City-Garage-Catwoman-Statue.jpg

I really love this outfit.

I hope they give Catwoman a better costume.

It would be nice if the character models in general looked better too. Almost everyone looked bad in Injustice. I don't like the animation either, but that seems to be the NRS style so I wouldn't expect that to change.

Messi

Can I point out how much I've enjoyed the first two issues of Silk. I went in hoping I would enjoy it but I didn't think I would like it this much. They have nailed the first two issues. I really love the art and how expressive Cindy is. In issue two
that part with her ex and meeting his fiancé :(

Can I point out how much I've enjoyed the first two issues of Silk. I went in hoping I would enjoy it but I didn't think I would like it this much. They have nailed the first two issues. I really love the art and how expressive Cindy is. In issue two
that part with her ex and meeting his fiancé :(

Where are the issues with her being amazed by stuff like cell phones and the internet?

The thing I dislike about fighting game sequels is you have to axe some of the old roster for some of the new, and when it comes to DC characters it's really hard to pick and choose. I wish they went the street fighter route and made a good base game then built on that for a few years.

I could live without Bane, Ares, Doomsday, Killer Frost, Lobo, Zod, Scorpion (such a waste of a slot), Grundy.

In turn I need that Darkseid, Beastboy, Dr. Fate, Captain Cold, Black Canary, First Born, Swamp Thing. I'd like to see an unexpected character as well like Mr. Mind that they could have fun with like MvC did with Shuma.

The thing I dislike about fighting game sequels is you have to axe some of the old roster for some of the new, and when it comes to DC characters it's really hard to pick and choose. I wish they went the street fighter route and made a good base game then built on that for a few years.

I could live without Bane, Ares, Doomsday, Killer Frost, Lobo, Zod, Scorpion (such a waste of a slot), Grundy.

In turn I need that Darkseid, Beastboy, Dr. Fate, Captain Cold, Black Canary, First Born, Swamp Thing. I'd like to see an unexpected character as well like Mr. Mind that they could have fun with like MvC did with Shuma.

Grodd plz. Let me fighting game as a gorilla.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Soooooooo... back in AvX when they want to train Hope they send her to some place where they train Iron Fists right? Some place not on earth, some alternate dimension or something? I haven't read Iron Fist but is this more or less correct?

Splatt

Soooooooo... back in AvX when they want to train Hope they send her to some place where they train Iron Fists right? Some place not on earth, some alternate dimension or something? I haven't read Iron Fist but is this more or less correct?

Yup.

You're correct, it's K'un L'un

I'd be fine with Scorpion if they returned the favour and put a DC character into MKX. Maybe in Kombat Pack 2. Joker, Harley or Deathstroke would fit well. Harley would be great for Arkham Knight cross-promotion.

Do it, Warner. THINK OF THE SYNERGY!

Boogiepop

Right, shotgun comic impressions, since I kind of forgot to post about what I was reading for a few days:

Journey into Mystery Featuring Sif: I liked it well enough and definitely agree with the sentiment I've heard that it got cancelled too soon. Didn't blow me away though. I feel like the biggest problem I had was that, for me, Sif didn't have a chance to form too much of a character or really stand out much. Like, it didn't help that
she was hopped up on berserker magic and thus not in her right frame of mind for most all of the first volume.
Second volume I did find pretty darn fun, mostly thanks to Beta Ray Bill. Actually my first time reading him. Any other particularly good stories/runs/whatever with him? Also, of all things, this+the run with Kid Loki have me kind of totally wanting a Volstagg comic. He's surprisingly fun for a guy who spends a ton of time mainly being the target for fat jokes.

Black Science: Really, really enjoyed this. I want the third volume, like, asap! Also, any other good reality hopping comics outside of this and the good part of Exiles? It's always kind of appealed to me as a concept...

Ms Marvel Vol. #2: Still having a ton of fun with this. It's definitely flawed, but I really like it, and it's still bringing me back to my younger days of really loving the Static Shock cartoon. Sure, it's dumb at times
with her not terribly thought through speech getting through to the kids who decided to give up on life and be Matrix-knockoff batteries being especially corny and silly, and of course the doge thing
, but it's fun dumb. And I'm glad to see that the crossover stuff I knew was coming didn't feel as shoehorned in as I was expecting, and they actually tied it in solidly, IMO.

Loki: Agent of ASGARD: Not as much to say here. Solid enough and fun enough that I want to keep reading. It's totally unfairly being weighed against Kid Loki in my head though. But yeah, I'll be interested to see how this one progresses.

And then I read the first story arc from the Busiek/Perez Avengers omnibus. It definitely straddles an interesting line between the old and the new. Oh, and the Spidey cameo was fun. Had he been an Avenger by that point or did he just kind of show up in the crowd?
Following up here, got through the arc where they essentially give Carol (actually not sure if I should go with Warbird since that's what she was at the time or the modern Captain Marvel or what to refer to her in this story) an intervention. It's definitely starting to get a bit more interesting now. And the whole alcoholism angle wasn't handled too bad, though it wasn't done super great. Though that Quicksilver issue was kind of terrible and seemed to know absolutely nothing about alcoholism. But yeah, it'll be interesting to see how this keeps developing...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You're correct, it's K'un L'un

confirmation that they are going to use it in the Iron Fist show makes me so happy then, please dont try to make shit "realistic" Marvel, keep doing your thing

yes im still fucking salty at Arrow for its "realistic" shit, especially when it shares a universe with a show like The Flash who has no shame in its comic book origins, unlike Arrow

confirmation that they are going to use it in the Iron Fist show makes me so happy then, please dont try to make shit "realistic" Marvel, keep doing your thing

yes im still fucking salty at Arrow for its "realistic" shit, especially when it shares a universe with a show like The Flash who has no shame in its comic book origins, unlike Arrow
You think Ras in the arrow is realistic? Or the atom suit?
hes got a Lazarus pit

Rhaknar

You think Ras in the arrow is realistic? Or the atom suit? Haha ok

I think that turning The Atom in Ironman is their "realistic" approach yes, because you cant have people shrinking now can you?

Also, they STILL dont call him by his actual name, and that bothers me. A lot

And Ras not using the lazarus pit and instead just being a "title" passed on to the next Ras, yes, also their "realistic" approach

Wait, K'un L'un is gonna be in the Iron Fist show, or is this just what you're hoping?

Daredevil show spoiler:
one of the vilains, Madame Gao says "its time to go back to my homeland", someone asks "youre going back to China?" and she says "oh...its much farther than that" or something. Yeah, its so far that its not even on earth.

I think that turning The Atom in Ironman is their "realistic" approach yes, because you cant have people shrinking now can you?

Also, they STILL dont call him by his actual name, and that bothers me. A lot

And Ras not using the lazarus pit and instead just being a "title" passed on to the next Ras, yes, also their "realistic" approach
he is using the pit. He told Ollie its effects are wearing out and he'll die soon. And the atom I expect will shrink soon. After the nano machines he was just injected with.

tim1138

Arrow isn't trying to be realistic, it's trying to be Batman.

Messi

I can't stand when a book goes from hardcover to paperback mid collection. Batwoman will forever sting in this regard.

tim1138

I watched X-Men DoFP for the first time last night, it was alright I guess. Magneto was great, especially the sequence where he uprooted RFK and dropped it around the White House. The Quicksilver sequence was cool, but the character was totally underutilized. I wish Vaughn had been able to stay on board, because First Class was awesome. Outside of Logan, Xavier, and Magneto, I really feel like Singer had no idea how to handle the characters and what makes them tick. The Sentinels looked pretty stupid as well. I wasn't a fan of the changes to the plot, it would have been awesome if Kitty was the main character and Rachel Summers was in it. I feel like the Apocalypse movie will probably be crap, but I'll see it to see how bad they ruin Archangel in his first live action appearance.

I watched X-Men DoFP for the first time last night, it was alright I guess. Magneto was great, especially the sequence where he uprooted RFK and dropped it around the White House. The Quicksilver sequence was cool, but the character was totally underutilized. I wish Vaughn had been able to stay on board, because First Class was awesome. Outside of Logan, Xavier, and Magneto, I really feel like Singer had no idea how to handle the characters and what makes them tick. The Sentinels looked pretty stupid as well. I wasn't a fan of the changes to the plot, it would have been awesome if Kitty was the main character and Rachel Summers was in it. I feel like the Apocalypse movie will probably be crap, but I'll see it to see how bad they ruin Archangel in his first live action appearance.

It was good, but I still think a lot of the praise for it was because it turned out to be good instead of the shitstorm the trailers indicated.

All those x men movies look like too many characs and not enough anything interesting. First class was like, really? Azazel makes it into this movie? Ok.

I just can't get into that stuff, man.

tim1138

It was good, but I still think a lot of the praise for it was because it turned out to be good instead of the shitstorm the trailers indicated.

I really wish they would use something that actually resembled the characters costumes, I'm tired of the black on black leather. It was better than I thought it would be, but I wouldn't say it was a great movie by any means. I doubt I'll ever watch it again.

BenjaminBirdie said:
All those x men movies look like too many characs and not enough anything interesting. First class was like, really? Azazel makes it into this movie? Ok.

I just can't get into that stuff, man.

I enjoyed First Class. Despite some of the odd character decisions (Azazel, Havok), it was a fun and entertaining movie. DoFP was just what you described, throwing a bunch of characters into a movie and doing nothing with them.

I really wish they would use something that actually resembled the characters costumes, I'm tired of the black on black leather. It was better than I thought it would be, but I wouldn't say it was a great movie by any means. I doubt I'll ever watch it again.

I guess, but I think making Wolverine's mask look good in live-action is beyond most costume designers.

I can't speak on the rewatching because I hardly ever do that. It's why I stopped buying movies, I never use them again after the first time. Once is enough for 99.8% of movies IMO. Films only seem to be getting longer these days, and most of the time by the end I'm just glad it's over so I can stand up and walk around. Age of Ultron is 141 minutes, that's too long IMO.

Top Bottom