• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I still read comics, Comics GAF, I swear!

Daredevil: Shit is phenomenal, fam. Just finished episode 6.

Yo, just finished the episode where Fisk [
QUOTE]decapitates that fucking Russian brother[/QUOTE]
and I'm really loving this show. It's impressively well-done, and it's hitting the right Daredevil tone for me.

Also, I'm pretty happy that the Russian in the show is actual Russian, and not that awful horseshit they tried to pull in, say, Avengers.

frye

^^^ it's p good ^^^

Yo, just finished the episode where Fisk
]decapitates that fucking Russian brother
and I'm really loving this show. It's impressively well-done, and it's hitting the right Daredevil tone for me.

Also, I'm pretty happy that the Russian in the show is actual Russian, and not that awful horseshit they tried to pull in, say, Avengers.

They've done a really nice job with Kingpin in general. I got to the episode centered on him and it's the best so far I think.

I want to want this. Really i do. But not as the x-men franchise is being handled now.

Also. Im fighting the urge to instantly respond "im just a what, bitch?" Whenever i see your name

Under Singer's current X-Men it can work for the franchise. Since the next movie is set in the 80's their could be an X-Men tv show set in the 90's.

Francavilla just posted this on tumblr
tumblr_nmoclfijxi1ssmbizo1_1280.jpg
hot

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Under Singer's current X-Men it can work for the franchise. Since the next movie is set in the 80's their could be an X-Men tv show set in the 90's.

Its not the time period, but the direction. Singer doesnt seem to like the source material all that much. That, and theyve killed off the instructors already.

Finished DD. really great show. Thanks Netflix for getting that deal done and getting the best live action Marvel TV product out there. Can't wait for season 2

Now back to reading up on comics. But I am in a mood for DD reading. But it's Frank Miller era that I'm most interested in. Which is interesting since DD has many great creator runs, but I'd say his is still the best

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Since Waids Daredevil run is ending and we know that a darker run is supposed to happen... Do we have sny information regarding the involved team

Since Waids Daredevil run is ending and we know that a darker run is supposed to happen... Do we have sny information regarding the involved team

Whatever it is I can guarantee that it'll have a "Based on the hit Daredevil Original series" banner across the top of the cover.

Sadist

ist shipped my order, Rage of Ultron will be read first and i'm hopeful, but Axis-Remender still has me iffy.
It's far better compared to AXISAXISAXIS. it's more akin to Remender's work on his Avenge the Earth arc in Uncanny Avengers.

Editorial purgatory.

Where the hell does Rage fall within the Rememderverse? Has there been any mention of all this in Uncanny?
We don't know. I thought it was post-SW confirmed, but that's not the case. It would make sense though.

anaron

Yo, just finished the episode where Fisk
decapitates that fucking Russian brother

With who, Black Widow? Not sure what you expected, she doesn't have an accent in the comics.

Messi

I read the Black Widow comic in Scarlett Johnsson's voice. Thor in Chris Hemsworth. All new Cap as Anthony Mackie. Star Lord as Chris Pratt.

I wonder of I will start reading Daredevil like the show.

I guess I am part of the problem. Or proof that the movies are doing what Marvel wants.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Will you start a comics OT when you do? It would be nice to have a place to discuss comics.

:D
Maybe. People need to know how hyped about Daredevil I am.

In other news, I watched House of the Devil yesterday. Fucking great movie. Really great movie, emulated the 70s great. Thanks for the recommention, if someone has a similar movie in mind, just give me a call ;)

Purchased Injustice for the 3rd time cause of the Steam sale
and Mortal Kombat 9 on accident, what a waste of $5 that was /Messi
It really is a fun game.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I wonder what characters they'd introduce in Injustice 2.

Oh man. What if they added some New Gods in there?
Speaking of, I just remembered that I ordered the Orion omnibus. Pretty excited for that.

But with that said (about Injustice, not the Orion omnibus), I'm not a huge fan of the Injustice gameplay, which is a shame because I love the idea of that game. After playing so much SF3:3S, pretty much no fighting game is good enough.

The comic has done a lot of legwork for the potential 2nd game.

Also murdered a ton of them. I'd actually be surprised if the next DC fighting game doesn't cross with a different universe instead.

What if Shao Khan Darkseid wants to conquer Earth and hosts a tournament to decide its fate?

Top Bottom