• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

NEf8gSeCamCFij_1_3.jpg

Impossible to tell without someone actually wearing it. My gut says it'll look stupid, but again, can't tell without it being on Hugh Jackman's head.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Impossible to tell without someone actually wearing it. My gut says it'll look stupid, but again, can't tell without it being on Hugh Jackman's head.
I hope they do this at least for the fans. And even if its just for the laughs. I just want to see one time how this looks like.

Another mask I am a little bit sad that was it was never used was this awesome green goblin fx:
https://youtu.be/2fXAGC_B2Ys

So much better than the mecha-goblin, but it was to hot for Willem Dafoe.

I've seen this before. Wasn't it from a deleted scene in Wolverine?
Its an unused mask from The Wolverine, it gets here posted on a regular basis in Wolverine Movie threads^^

re: arrow realism

current and upcoming plot threads

Yeah it's more grounded but Atom just used nanomachines to shrink a blood clot in his head and it's had some unexpected side effects. I think we'll get the comic Atom in time, it seems natural that he would want to make a suit first and then stumble upon shrinking later.

Upcoming episode spoilers...

Apparently Black Canary is getting her canary cry. I'm interested in seeing how they explain it. She definitely wasn't near the star labs reactor. I have a feeling we'll see the metahuman gene make an appearance soon, and the reactor only activated the gene.

It took us forever to get a mask on Arrow. I wouldn't be surprised if they call him Green Arrow down the line. Flash moves (lol) like 3x faster than arrow in plot threads. Surprised we're already learning about the speed force in season 1.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
to all those recomending it now (and for months now):

yes, I need to read Immortal Iron Fist...I know. I know!

tim1138

I guess, but I think making Wolverine's mask look good in live-action is beyond most costume designers.

I can't speak on the rewatching because I hardly ever do that. It's why I stopped buying movies, I never use them again after the first time. Once is enough for 99.8% of movies IMO. Films only seem to be getting longer these days, and most of the time by the end I'm just glad it's over so I can stand up and walk around. Age of Ultron is 141 minutes, that's too long IMO.

Wolverine's mask is stupid looking in general, but would it kill them to add some color to the costumes? They all look so unnecessarily grim.

Rewatching a movie for me is often just putting something on in the background while I read or do something else. There are a handful of movies that I will sit down and watch multiple times. DoFP will not be either of those.

BearChair

I'm wondering if any of you folks can offer me a recommendation.

If any of you have been readers of Comics Alliance, you know the site has apparently dropped its Best Art Ever (This Week) regular feature. The posts were a roundup of great comic, manga and pulp art both from fans and professionals from all eras, and it introduced me to some great artists.

So the question is, are there any other sites or even good tumbles that you might recommend with a similar vibe? Linked below is the last really good entry, which sadly is from January, to give an idea.

http://comicsalliance.com/best-art-ever-this-week-01-30-2015/

No, Marvel Codes work worldwide... At least for now. They started to rip us up with insane taxes a couple of momths ago, I wouldnt be surprised if they will start to geolock comics, too... :/

how do you buy your codes? Because you can straight up buy them for a dollar on reddit.

I'm wondering if any of you folks can offer me a recommendation.

If any of you have been readers of Comics Alliance, you know the site has apparently dropped its Best Art Ever (This Week) regular feature. The posts were a roundup of great comic, manga and pulp art both from fans and professionals from all eras, and it introduced me to some great artists.

So the question is, are there any other sites or even good tumbles that you might recommend with a similar vibe? Linked below is the last really good entry, which sadly is from January, to give an idea.

http://comicsalliance.com/best-art-ever-this-week-01-30-2015/

Did not know they had discontinued it. There were a couple of comic art tumblrs I followed but they seem to have gone inactive.

These seem pretty good
http://comicbookartwork.tumblr.com/
http://comicsforever.tumblr.com/

though not as varied as their features

Zombine

Banned
I learned that when you visit the OT, it is best to avoid certain subjects, and when posting in those said threads, parody only ends in a Zomban.

I hope Psychbat learns that some fights aren't worth it. Blissful ignorance helps with membership retention.

Cade

The silly threads are fun. The comic threads are dumb.

I like NTGYK threads. He's like OT Seinfield:

"And what's the deal with shoe laces anyways? I'll kill them."

I admire his optimism and convictions. No matter what the thread is about, he definitely has a post ready to go about a Netflix Punisher series.

So I'm reading daredevil #1 for the first time
- man the art doesn't look like it came from the sixties. The pencil work is amazing and holds up well.
- they actually don't show the barrel of chemicals. It's all written
- haha in one panel Matt loses sight in an accident and he's already ok with it. He's in the hospital saying "it could be worse..at least I'm alive" talk about moving on there.
- Matt is so...upbeat
- wow Karen's hairdo is pretty wild looking.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Get to work. No more event comic runs. Hit the good stuff

I've been reading Waid Daredevil in the little comic time I can squeeze in (basically at work, which is getting busier too as summer aproaches)

Edit: noooooo Psych

Editedit: what DD run is that
stupid/amazing page where he looks like a douchebag in court and says "Daredevil for the defense"
?

JEKKI

ahhh Deadly Class is so good! I jus finished the 2nd trade!!

I really wanna pick up the next issue when it comes out,

but I also wanna read the whole thing together in a single trade

>_<

if I read a single issue, I dont think I'd be able to handle the wait for a new one...

f**k it, gonna buy it anyways... gotta show my support!

-EDIT-

what I dont understand about Deadly Class tho...

issue 7 opens on March 1 and 2, 1988.

issue 8 opens on February 1,

but it doesnt seem like the story goes back in time? it seems like ish 8 happens after 7?

confused >_<;;;

I've been reading Waid Daredevil in the little comic time I can squeeze in (basically at work, which is getting busier too as summer aproaches)

Edit: noooooo Psych

Editedit: what DD run is that stupid/amazing page where he looks like a douchebag in court and says "Daredevil for the defense"?

It's the most recent Daredevil issue, spoiler alert.

Top Bottom