• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

Boogiepop

Have your Manga shelves collapsed yet?

Nope, they continue to hold, so clearly my organizational system is flawless!
I seriously do want to at least get to the point where I'm not double loading shelves and other such shoddy organizational crap, but at this point that means boxing stuff up, which I always have a hard time figuring out and doing, though I probably shouldn't. Really can't wait till I can get to the point where I can finally just have a display room/library.

arkon

I started Daredevil with Waid/Rivera/Martin. It's a good jumping on point. Part of the reason I chose that point was it was lighter fare (at least in the beginning). May go back to some of the older runs eventually. It works well with only passing familiarity with the character, as was the case with me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Spider-Man needs to stop fucking shouting "Hey Daredevil" at Matt in public lol

You're doing the right thing. The other runs are nice and all, but this one isn't a slapstick tragedy.

That's right. So much improbably horrible shit happens to Matt that it's comedic. He emotionally steps on 50 rakes and slips on at least a dozen feel banana peels.

Well, the storyline is called Daredevil: Eeeeuuurrrgggh. *WHACK* Eeeeuuurrrgggh. *WHACK* Eeeeuuurrrgggh. *WHACK* Eeeeuuurrrgggh. *WHACK* Eeeeuuurrrgggh. *WHACK* Eeeeuuurrrgggh. *WHACK* Eeeeuuurrrgggh. so I'm not sure what people were expecting.

Squire

Banned
Hah this Daredevil CMX combo ha been impressive

Now for the Monday sale it's the Frank Miller sale. And the heavily discounted collections are still there
https://www.comixology.com/Daredevil-by-Frank-Miller-Sale/page/6194?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC90YWJsZXQvbGFyZ2VDYXJvdXNlbA

So first marvel did a Bendis sale, then waid, and now miller. Buy it all. It's all great.

Is this the complete Miller run? I noticed the omni goes up to issue 191 and Comixology only goes up to 184.

frye

Man, at least Karen got to die. Milla is just hanging on there, mad crazy.

Written my Kevin Smith, getting fake AIDS, and then getting killed off for being a whore -- Milla got hit bad but man, Karen

So I'm about to read Daredevil: Born Again after binge watching the Netflix show.

What am I in for?

My favourite superhero comic of all time maybe.

Is this the complete Miller run? I noticed the omni goes up to issue 191 and Comixology only goes up to 184.

Yeah Comixology is missing the last third of the run, even in TPB form for whatever reason.

Yeah Comixology is missing the last third of the run, even in TPB form for whatever reason.

e0n9816.png

man, I'm just gonna sit this sale out then
Oh what they have is great. Born again for $5? You don't sit that out. And at the very least pick up the man without fear. A great reimaging of his origin and clearly the heaviest influence on the show

I actually bought the man without fear when it came out. They were the first DD comics I read.

frye

man, I'm just gonna sit this sale out then

If do ever end up picking them up just remember to start with 168 since that's when he takes over writing as well as drawing. If you read the previous few issues it's complete change in tone immediately but you really don't need to read those issues.

Oh what they have is great. Born again for $5? You don't sit that out. And at the very least pick up the man without fear. A great reimaging of his origin and clearly the heaviest influence on the show

I actually bought the man without fear when it came out. They were the first DD comics I read.
Got Born Again and Man Without Fear on Scribd already, I do plan on reading them!
If do ever end up picking them up just remember to start with 168 since that's when he takes over writing as well as drawing. If you read the previous few issues it's complete change in tone immediately but you really don't need to read those issues.
I'll keep this in mind, thanks breh.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
"Look it's red batman"

Marvel can just name drop DC characters like that?

Rhaknar

nvm Klaw was in the first few issues, read those ages ago and forgot

Edit: oh it's
Bullseye
orchestrating this? I need to read Shadow land, I assume that's during the run before Waid's?

Rhaknar

This arc was by far the best in the series so far (and with only a few issues left before the renumbering I assume overall). Wish the Ikari stuff would have been longer but that's the "problem" with binge reading, you forget that like 3 issues was 3 months worth of waiting

GAMEPROFF

Banned
nvm Klaw was in the first few issues, read those ages ago and forgot

Edit: oh it's
Bullseye
orchestrating this? I need to read Shadow land, I assume that's during the run before Waid's?

Yes. Before Black Panther overtook the The Man Without Fear Title.

Top Bottom