• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

someone mentioned BC put up new batman spoilers. Capullo used this opportunity to show he's not surprised and how little he thinks of what they do. lol

I assume he has equal disdain for the comic fans who love spoilers and eat them up and are the reason sites like BC even exist?

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I'm re-reading Miller and JRJR's Daredevil: The Man WIthout Fear, and JRJR is really impressive in this book. Some pages are sparse on writing, and I still just stare and admire all of the character and finesse and life JRJR pumped into this story:
daredevil-the-man-without-fear-01-01.jpg

ManWithoutFear_03.jpg

FNF-MwoF02.jpg

Zombine

Banned
I'm re-reading Miller and JRJR's Daredevil: The Man WIthout Fear, and JRJR is really impressive in this book. Some pages are sparse on writing, and I still just stare and admire all of the character and finesse and life JRJR pumped into this story:

Just got this for $5 on CMX. What a freaking arc.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Just got this for $5 on CMX. What a freaking arc.

That's how much I spent on the trade a bunch of years back at comic-con. Totally worth every penny. It's a little fast-forwardy at parts, if that makes sense, but I still really enjoy it everytime I pick it up.

tim1138

I picked that up in HC four or five years ago for like six or seven bucks. I'm long overdue for a reread. At this point who needs new comics, I'll just read all my old stuff again!

Filthy Slug

I picked that up in HC four or five years ago for like six or seven bucks. I'm long overdue for a reread. At this point who needs new comics, I'll just read all my old stuff again!

Looking for a decently priced hardcover is bumming me out today. I really don't like trades when there's a nicer, harder edition available.

Dunbar

I'm not going to believe Sabrina #2 actually shipped this week until I have it in my hands. I remember buying #1 it the week of Halloween and thinking it was going to be such a great monthly series. I really hope they can get that and Afterlife with Archie back on track, because they are fucking awesome when you can actually read them.

Other than that, fairly light week. Hope Giant Days #2 and Archie vs Predator #1 are good.

besada

Banned
I've been watching Daredevil and it made me go dig out my copy of the Frank Miller/Bill Sienkiewicz graphic novel, Love and War. If you haven't read this beast, I urge you to track down a copy.

frye

This is my favourite JRJR drawing in that book:

He's trying to stay hidden but Matt just looks so fucking big here

I haven't bought trades in a couple of months. My wife being laid off has done a number on our finances but she might be starting something soon and if so, Ive got some absolutes in need of purchasing

I love how Capullo is sharing his disdain for Bleeding Cool on Twitter right now.

... i think i understand why he's not a writer

"scott wanted me to kiss and make up" tweet is interesting though

Filthy Slug

This is my favourite JRJR drawing in that book:

He's trying to stay hidden but Matt just looks so fucking big here

Perfect way to describe that page.

Also, I'm missin' Miller Time Sundays on Comics-Gaf.

All that Daredevil hype. Nerver thought that everybody would go so excited.
Yeah, I'm pretty happy about it.

Grant Morrison ladies and gents, Grant Morrison.

khxhWUZ.jpg

h6T9YdW.jpg

It's cool to reread this now because I have read a bunch of other DC stuff since then so something's are more clear than before. This is a fantastic book!

Filthy Slug

I've been watching Daredevil and it made me go dig out my copy of the Frank Miller/Bill Sienkiewicz graphic novel, Love and War. If you haven't read this beast, I urge you to track down a copy.

Oh man, I noticed that my Man Without Fear trade had a preface by Ralph Macchio, and I was honestly wondering if the Karate Kid was so knowledgeable and passionate about comics. Then I noticed the building in that great Sienkiewicz art and realized it was this Ralph Macchio and his wiki page says:
Macchio is not related to the actor Ralph Macchio, but is nicknamed "Karate Kid" after that actor's famous role.

BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT – GENESIS #1
Written by PETER J. TOMASI | Art by ALISSON BORGES | Cover by STJEPAN SEJIC
1:10 Video game art variant cover | On sale JULY 29 • 32 pg, FC, 1 of 6, $2.99 US • RATED T+
Witness the birth of Gotham City’s newest villain, the Arkham Knight, in this stunning new 6-issue miniseries written by Peter J. Tomasi, the man behind the hit series BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT and BATMAN AND ROBIN!

Batman-Arkham-Knight-Genesis.jpg

Man, Sejic is awesome.

tim1138

Grant Morrison ladies and gents, Grant Morrison.

khxhWUZ.jpg

h6T9YdW.jpg

It's cool to reread this now because I have read a bunch of other DC stuff since then so something's are more clear than before. This is a fantastic book!

This is my favorite Morrison dialog in regards to the Fourth World. I can't remember if it's from Return of Bruce Wayne or Batman and Robin, but it's brilliant.

QI8ios6.jpg

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Halfway through Digimon Adventures.

This one Filler episode where Tai and Koromon go to the real world after they destroyed Entemon is surprisingly good. And the animation is also much better than in the regular episodes. Much more like in the first episode of the movie.
And shit. The series beginning to getting darker and darker.

Now is the Mytotismon arc about to start :)

Etemons theme was the GOAT: https://youtu.be/EoF_TatNuQk

Zombine

Banned
BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT – GENESIS #1
Written by PETER J. TOMASI | Art by ALISSON BORGES | Cover by STJEPAN SEJIC
1:10 Video game art variant cover | On sale JULY 29 • 32 pg, FC, 1 of 6, $2.99 US • RATED T+
Witness the birth of Gotham City’s newest villain, the Arkham Knight, in this stunning new 6-issue miniseries written by Peter J. Tomasi, the man behind the hit series BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT and BATMAN AND ROBIN!

Batman-Arkham-Knight-Genesis.jpg

Man, Sejic is awesome.

I bet when they unmask the Arkham Knight it'll be Black Mask, and then when they unmask Black Mask it'll be The
Alfred.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I would be okay with both suggestions.

However, the Arkham Knight is really
Zur Enn Ahr, or however it's spelled. He only exists in Bruce's imagination.
Yeah. Batman went insane with Joker gone and he made up a third identity. Would be actually cool and would with the leaked details of the age rating...

Top Bottom