• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

Sou Da

Picked up the new Ms.Marvel, saw she was wearing uggs in one panel. Dropped it.

Jokes aside Aamir is a really well written character. I didn't expect that scene with Bruno at all

Nudull

Banned
Dang, is Jem really just gonna be 6 issues.
Can we get a Kimber ongoing.

akdjLDg.jpg

You have failed me, comic industry.

I have only been reading comics for 3 years now. Convergence Suicide Squad is the best Suicide Squad comic I have read in this 3 years. Damn fun! Can't wait for the conclusion.

I find myself deeply intrigued by the Convergence book with AzBats on the cover. Anyone read it? Any good?

I'm probably just gonna buy them all anyway, but please, give me a reason not to. My wallet will thank you

NexusCell

Picked up the new Ms.Marvel, saw she was wearing uggs in one panel. Dropped it.

Jokes aside Aamir is a really well written character. I didn't expect that scene with Bruno at all

Definitely agree. I really love how he's much more than just the "Wacky Muslim Comic Relief Brother" that he seemed to be at first. Plus, that whole exchange between him and Bruno really highlights a cultural problem that isn't just exclusive to Muslims.

Got on that Marvel deal myself. Think I'll dig into this X-Men stuff, see what that's all about.

After I reread the classic Deadpool material.

Also, JL3K: Glad I stuck with it, issues 8, 9, and 10 are definitely some steps in the right direction. Please tell me that's the last we see of
The Five,
at least for a while. The characters really need some room to breath.

Messi

How was RunLoveKill? Kaptara is next week, right?

Is Kaptara the gay saga book?

I just read the first Chrononauts issue. That art is very nice.

--

Can't imagine cho digging his heels in is making him very many friends in the industry. It's starting to look really petty that he can't let it go.

Owzers

I'm glad the new Star Wars books will hit Marvel Unlimited, i was wondering there for awhile.

Also, I started Black Canary and Zatanna Bloodspell OGN and am withholding impressions until it's over...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh Psych is back

...I can't think of anything clever to say

Edit: how does that free month of MU work for subscribers? It just won't charge you the next month?

tim1138

Got on that Marvel deal myself. Think I'll dig into this X-Men stuff, see what that's all about.

After I reread the classic Deadpool material.

Also, JL3K: Glad I stuck with it, issues 8, 9, and 10 are definitely some steps in the right direction. Please tell me that's the last we see of
The Five,
at least for a while. The characters really need some room to breath.

A new threat emerges and it's much more interesting

Sou Da

Does the Marvel deal work if I'm already a subscriber?
Probably not gonna renew after May.

I'll give you my thoughts soon.

EDIT: Read it, it was ok. There's some art hiccups here and there and imo Ruiz doesn't do the fashion he's referencing justice, also it's not really all that clear why the Predator
killed the two people he did
I really hope he isn't demoted to teen slasher status. Humor was good but overall I was far more interested in the 1 page Sabrina X Hellboy crossover.

If the twist is what I think it is it's going to be great.

A bra threat emerges and it's much more interesting

Yeah, I'm reading that now.
Lois Lane as a member of IL3k (Injustice League 3000) is not something I saw coming. Ditto Zeus, if they were grabbing WW villains I'd have expected Ares or Cheetah. But seriously, Lois? Wha?
Looking forward to seeing how it plays out :)

EDIT: Oh, and Blue and Gold make an appearance FTW! Now all I need is my boy Jaime to show up and 3k will be a real contender for my all-time favorite JL.

And yeah, Bats x Diana 4ever.

tim1138

Yeah, I'm reading that now.
Lois Lane as a member of IL3k (Injustice League 3000) is not something I saw coming. Ditto Zeus, if they were grabbing WW villains I'd have expected Ares or Cheetah. But seriously, Lois? Wha?
Looking forward to seeing how it plays out :)

EDIT: Oh, and Blue and Gold make an appearance FTW! Now all I need is my boy Jaime to show up and 3k will be a real contender for my all-time favorite JL.

And yeah, Bats x Diana 4ever.

I'm glad you stuck with it. From where you are now on out, it's so good, JLI and Kirby references all over the place. You can tell Giffen and company are having a blast with this book.

NeonZ

Just finished Convergence Superboy and Superman Man of Steel, they were a whole lot of nothing.

Nothing, really. These comics feel short and nothing really happens in them. The worst part is that these books are two parters, so you won't have to wait long for this to end.

Superboy ends with a reveal that
the Kingdom Come crew has some plan to get around Tellos' game
, I thought that was a pretty effective cliff hanger.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
New MU update is annoying, you can't double tap to zoom 1 size anymore

Speaking of MU I'm now caught up on current Daredevil, Waid's run continues to be great. Cool Purple Man arc right now

Up to date on JL3K. I get the sinking feeling that the explanation for
what the hell is going on with Lois
is just going to make me sad. Superman needs a personality transplant, STAT. Booster and Beetle need to meet up with the main crew. Fire and Ice's
reconciliation was pretty anticlimactic, but I suppose that might have been part of the point? Maybe?

I still enjoyed it, though, and I've added it to my pull list, bringing the total count of up to 3.

MattyG

Banned
I still love that Marvel puts codes for digital copies in their comics. I have a whole backlog of the Star Wars ones and I'm going on a trip this weekend, so I'm just going to load them up on my tablet and go. I might actually just start not bagging the print copies immediately and reading the digital ones.

Top Bottom