• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Had the meeting with my boss.

Overall good ratings, most the time the best (mostly in the important categories) and the second best scores :)
Very happy right now :D

Zombine

Banned
I noticed in issues 1-4 of Second Cycle he's using a lot of variations of yellows for the background. Makes everything look a little pale and washed out.

I think it's to simulate a sandy/desert atmosphere, but it just falls flat. But poor Pearl looks like a haggard mess though...

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Nice, I'm curious what you think about it.
Art is great,, but the "story"....

But yeah that sounds awesome,, his art in a oversized book :)))

Yeah, luckily I bought it solely for the art, so any story that may or may not exist is just an added bonus. Haha
You're referring to the fact that the "story" is basically just "dude kills zombies with a giant chainsaw thing," right?
When I opened it, I actually didn't expect to see any words at all, but lo and behold, there actually were a small handful of speech bubbles every once in a while. Very rare though. Haha

Had the meeting with my boss.

Overall good ratings, most the time the best (mostly in the important categories) and the second best scores :)
Very happy right now :D

Congrats!

Yeah, luckily I bought it solely for the art, so any story that may or may not exist is just an added bonus. Haha
You're referring to the fact that the "story" is basically just "dude kills zombies with a giant chainsaw thing," right?
When I opened it, I actually didn't expect to see any words at all, but lo and behold, there actually were a small handful of speech bubbles every once in a while. Very rare though. Haha

Yeah that's what I meant. I was hoping for more of a story, but it was pretty cool.
I was thinking of getting a sketch or something from him at C2E2, but I read on his Facebook he doesn't really do commission or sketch's much a conventions that much.

Messi

Pre-ordered the Hawkeye, Cap and Iron Lad Hot Toys. Bought Mad Love Deluxe and a DC blind box. Pre-ordered Sunstone Vol 2.Also a statue arrived. Applied for tax back and sent my pages to get framed.

Got a box of hot tamales 3 alarm and some rossi monster to celebrate.

Things are turning up Messi.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
This is the lightest comics week I've had in months, maybe years. One book, yo.

Also, thanks DC for allowing me a two month break from your books.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
what DC books are you getting after Convergence ends?

Definitely picking up We Are Robin and Gleason's Damian and that Bizarro book. Otherwise, I'll probably feel it out. I'm really hoping the move shakes things up creatively for DC, 'cause right now, I'm picking up the smallest amount of DC books since I started reading comics.

What are you picking up post-irrelevant-two-month-event, sillymonkey?

Owzers

Definitely picking up We Are Robin and Gleason's Damian and that Bizarro book. Otherwise, I'll probably feel it out. I'm really hoping the move shakes things up creatively for DC, 'cause right now, I'm picking up the smallest amount of DC books since I started reading comics.

What are you picking up post-irrelevant-two-month-event, sillymonkey?

My monthly list is looking bleak right now, I've been pre-ordering a lot of Image trades to compensate being down to 15 monthlies. After the two month break from DC I'm thinking about letting go until something really interesting pops up, maybe a Shazam Johns book. If Robin Son of Batman weren't 3.99 i'd give that a try to see what Gleason does and i'll order Starfire #1 to see if it's not as dumb as Harley. After that I'm trying to resist Batman/Justice League Darkseid War hype. With Marvel, I want to read all the Secret War tie-ins but don't trust them to deliver solid minis so it's Marvel Unlimited waiting.

Well, Bendis's run on Daredevil is helping pull me out of my comic reading funk. Almost done with the second ultimate collection and then I'm onto the third. This may be the fastest I've marathoned through a comic since Doom Patrol (and I think this run ends up being longer?). Great read-- I really can't praise it enough.

So im trying to find a copy of Batman #1,, so far $110 is what im looking at .. (somewhat Local Store).
I don't know that I can justify that one...

wetflame

Pizza Dog
guys, though, thor?

perfect comics.

Really enjoying Thor. Never read a Thor comic before this run though. I heard I should go back and check out older runs. Weirdly I started reading Spider-Man with both Miles and Superior so for a while I'd never read a Spider-Man comic with Peter as the hero. Guess that shows that these big switch ups are good as jumping on points.

Well, Bendis's run on Daredevil is helping pull me out of my comic reading funk. Almost done with the second ultimate collection and then I'm onto the third. This may be the fastest I've marathoned through a comic since Doom Patrol (and I think this run ends up being longer?). Great read-- I really can't praise it enough.

It's the best. When you watch Daredevil, keep an eye out for a cameo of the coffee cup Foggy leaves Matt in the interrogation room, probably my favorite panel in comics history.

Messi

Really enjoying Thor. Never read a Thor comic before this run though. I heard I should go back and check out older runs. Weirdly I started reading Spider-Man with both Miles and Superior so for a while I'd never read a Spider-Man comic with Peter as the hero. Guess that shows that these big switch ups are good as jumping on points.

Nice avatar :p

Zombine

Banned
Didn't it seem like the
apartment complex
episode of Daredevil shared certain themes from Fraction's run on Hawkeye? It might have been coincidence, but the similarities were uncanny.

Bii

So im trying to find a copy of Batman #1,, so far $110 is what im looking at .. (somewhat Local Store).
I don't know that I can justify that one...

Geez, it went up?

There's only a handful of comics that I've bought in the aftermarket. But none for $100+.

Geez, it went up?

There's only a handful of comics that I've bought in the aftermarket. But none for $100+.

Yeah that at Graham Cracker comics, They are a little over priced.
Cheapest I saw on ebay was $95.
Idk I think ill just try and wait it out,, look at C2E2 see if I can get a decent price.

I'm doing bad things guys :/ I see a Batman #1 on ebay for $55 (still taking bids for 7 hours). Well I got approved for a PayPal credit card.. and have placed a bid on it

PsychBat!

Banned
Gonna binge watch Daredevil again. Watched the first four episodes (again) with my sister so I just decided to watch the rest because it's sooo good.

The hype is real.

Cade

I did it guys. I read like.. two and a half entire issues of comics. That's a record. I think that's more than I read in March and April. I'm gonna read all the good Daredevil I've missed and then move on to more recent series.

I did it guys. I read like.. two and a half entire issues of comics. That's a record. I think that's more than I read in March and April. I'm gonna read all the good Daredevil I've missed and then move on to more recent series.

I read like, four floppies yesterday. I feel like that hasn't happened in a long time. Also fuck yeah Sabrina.

I had three hours without a delivery yesterday and had used up most of my cell data, practically forcing me to read comics

I read four full issues though. Pretty crazy tbh imo

calder

Man, the update to Marvel Unlimited has me reading a ton of books every night before I go to sleep. Most of the little things that bugged me about it as a reading app have been drastically fixed.

Now they just need to add a better way to view/search for crossover events in progress and I'll be damn pleased.

Messi

I read like, four floppies yesterday. I feel like that hasn't happened in a long time. Also fuck yeah Sabrina.

I read 4 yesterday. ComicsGAF is on a roll.

This arrived. I loooove it

FRkP9Ye.jpeg

Cade

Damn, we're breaking all the comicsGAF rules.
I had three hours without a delivery yesterday and had used up most of my cell data, practically forcing me to read comics

I read four full issues though. Pretty crazy tbh imo

You four-issue guys are blowing me away. How does anyone have the time?!

Vyer

I'm three episodes into DD. so far it's great. Only negative is the actor for Foggy just seems a little forced compared to everyone else.

Top Bottom