• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

Owzers

It's hard to get hyped for all these movies.

Age of Ultron: I only liked the ending battle of the first Avengers movie, thought the plot was terrible

Batman vs Superman: Man of Steel Costner gif and Dark Knight Rises was kinda dumb.

Jurassic World: Lost World and Jurassic Park 3. Why will this be good? Raptor high fives.

Star Wars VII: The prequel trilogy :/ and it's from the guy who made the Star Trek reboot.

so yay for trailers but i'm skeptical.

Star Wars VII: The prequel trilogy :/ and it's from the guy who made the Star Trek reboot.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but last I checked Abrams is a huge Star Wars fan. His Trek reboots may be lackluster to some, but to be fair, he didn't know anything about Star Trek. Now he is literally a massive Star Wars fan, making a Star Wars movie. I'm not a Trekkie at all, but I did enjoy the reboot and its sequel. So, I'm optimistic.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Correct me if I'm wrong, but last I checked Abrams is a huge Star Wars fan. His Trek reboots may be lackluster to some, but to be fair, he didn't know anything about Star Trek. Now he is literally a massive Star Wars fan, making a Star Wars movie. I'm not a Trekkie at all, but I did enjoy the reboot and its sequel. So, I'm optimistic.
He definitly feelt like the right guy for the series on the Celebration Panel yesterday.

Finished Bendis's run on Daredevil. Not much to say that I haven't already, but it was a really, really good read. It moved at a great pace and just made me want to keep going. Total opposite of the slog that is his Guardians of the Galaxy.

Cade

The MU app, on Android at least, is a lot better now. The webapp for PC use is still hot garbage and keeps loading wrong or not loading at all.

Spider-Man and the X-Men trying to convince me that Vulcan was a thing.

I'm trying really hard to forget him, but damn it Marvel, ya making it hard.
Finished Bendis's run on Daredevil. Not much to say that I haven't already, but it was a really, really good read. It moved at a great pace and just made me want to keep going. Total opposite of the slog that is his Guardians of the Galaxy.

I have Volume 2 of the Bendis DD run waiting for me. I really want to read it, but my pile is....well, large.

Cade

Yeah MU just keeps refusing to accept any input on occasion. Grumble, grumble. Back to tablet reading I guess but I read so much faster this way.

Fintan

Make sure you read Brubaker's run. Picks up straight after Bendis' run and is very good in its own right. Keeps a similar tone and has terrific art and writing.

Messi

I legit just bought Tron Legacy for you Messi.

I hope you enjoy it. I think Olivia was incredible in it and she has never been sexier.

Let me recommend you something. What's in your backlog

I have so much in my backlog not including current comics its not even funny.

--

I know JH Williams stuff on Batwoman looks incredible when finished but his original art pages are fucking incredible. How we went from him to what we ended up with I will never forgive DC for.

1327698093.jpg

1364005968.jpg

1364005587.jpg

1364005654.jpg

1364005164.jpg

Zombine

Banned
I hope you enjoy it. I think Olivia was incredible in it and she has never been sexier.

I have so much in my backlog not including current comics its not even funny.

I've already seen it, but I never owned it. Now I'm watching Orphan Black.

Make sure you read Brubaker's run. Picks up straight after Bendis' run and is very good in its own right. Keeps a similar tone and has terrific art and writing.
I really want to read Waid's run but both you and Freeza said this :(
I know JH Williams stuff on Batwoman looks incredible when finished but his original art pages are fucking incredible. How we went from him to what we ended up with I will never forgive DC for.
JHWIII's art is incredible. Shame editorial ticked him and Blackman off.

Speaking of Blackman, I know the art is supposed to be amazing, but how was the writing in Elektra?

Messi

JHWIII's art is incredible. Shame editorial ticked him and Blackman off.

Speaking of Blackman, I know the art is supposed to be amazing, but how was the writing in Elektra?

The writing in Elektra is so so. Its probably the weakest part. But the art just makes up for so much of it.

That first image is not even the full spread of Elektras murderous slaying

Tatiana Maslany is quite leggy.

She is just stunning. I adore her. If I could have another waifu.

why would you carve brow furrows into your cowl that's weird

less dark
still boring
a) scowled so hard for so long, the material of the mask is stuck that way

OR

b) being so dark and brooding all the time is exhausting, so shaping the mask to resemble a scowl lets you relax a little but still look all scowl-y

Messi

Oh I know. Throw out some candidates, we'll get you out of that slump

Revival
Walking Dead
Demo
Blacksad
American Vampire
Chew
Deadly Class
God Hates Astronauts
Fables
Fairest
Ravine
Wicked and the Divine
Red Sonja
FBP
iZombie
Afterlife with Archie

Owzers

I can't beat Resident Evil Resivelations 2, finishing the first episode was a chore. I might read more comics. I got into The Star Wars on MU and i'm enjoying it through the first three issues.

Revival
Walking Dead
Demo
Blacksad
American Vampire
Chew
Deadly Class
God Hates Astronauts
Fables
Fairest
Ravine
Wicked and the Divine
Red Sonja
FBP
iZombie
Afterlife with Archie
Hm lots of good choices. But I'll go with recommending Chew.

Also on the unsolicited side you should read Slotts she hulk series if you haven't. Fun fun stuff

Messi

Hm lots of good choices. But I'll go with recommending Chew.

Also on the unsolicited side you should read Slotts she hulk series if you haven't. Fun fun stuff

I have the first volume coming in my IST order.

Most of those trades are half read and ive just fallen behind. Chew for example I am on volume 7.

It looks like Tidal is failing to make any waves.

apartment-gif-nah-brah-.gif

YOU THINK NO ONE NOTICED THIS, not on my watch young Zombine!

Fintan

I haven't read Waid's run yet. Or what's in between Brubaker and Waid. Maybe someone can inform us if there is anything worthwhile between those two?

But in terms of Brubaker, it's a must for me.

These 3 universally acclaimed runs have me thinking, is Daredevil the most consistently well written superhero character of the 21st century?

Fintan

I've never read any early Daredevil. Is the Stan Lee stuff good? Been reading some Lee Spider-Man. Romita's art is terrific.

I haven't read Waid's run yet. Or what's in between Brubaker and Waid. Maybe someone can inform us if there is anything worthwhile between those two?

But in terms of Brubaker, it's a must for me.

These 3 universally acclaimed runs have me thinking, is Daredevil the most consistently well written superhero character of the 21st century?

Based on what everyone says, it sounds like the stuff between Brubaker and Waid is pretty bad.

And yeah, Daredevil's got a lot of well regarded runs. Really wonder who is gonna do Daredevil after Waid is gone.

I've never read any early Daredevil. Is the Stan Lee stuff good?

Does the uncanny Cat-Man poop in the woods? He is a purrfect villain.

9yZK3KS.jpg

I'm 10 issues in and it's terrible. But I will continue with this quest to show the most unusual parts via image posts.

No new comics until next week, anybody got reviews for No Mercy, Runlovekill and Savior?I got those new series coming in and was wondering if I should pre-order the next issues.

Top Bottom