• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

YKXjhF1.jpg

#TeamFrogMan

Who is with me?

Hey, Frog-Man's doing work. Without him, the others would be fuuuucked.

Frog-Man fo lyfe.

Zombine

Banned
I have the first volume coming in my IST order.

Most of those trades are half read and ive just fallen behind. Chew for example I am on volume 7.

apartment-gif-nah-brah-.gif

YOU THINK NO ONE NOTICED THIS, not on my watch young Zombine!

Lol...

But holy shit...Frog Man is legit one of my favorite Marvel characters. I want a figure so bad.

I haven't read Waid's run yet. Or what's in between Brubaker and Waid. Maybe someone can inform us if there is anything worthwhile between those two?

But in terms of Brubaker, it's a must for me.

These 3 universally acclaimed runs have me thinking, is Daredevil the most consistently well written superhero character of the 21st century?
I was just about to ask the same question
You know whats awesome? Brubakers Catwoman.
I really refuse to believe anything Catwoman related is "awesome." I never really liked her. Always found her boring. I did always like this scene, though
The Daredevil TV show should have been based on 60's Daredevil. Vincent D'Onofrio as Stilt Man.
Wasn't that the idea that the original director that FOX was going to get on Daredevil right before Marvel got the rights back? If I recall, he was going to shoot for that kind of 60's vibe for the first movie. I think he had the whole trilogy planned out.
Are you sure that isn't Leap Frog, the greatest Daredevil villain?

Fintan

Wasn't that the idea that the original director that FOX was going to get on Daredevil right before Marvel got the rights back? If I recall, he was going to shoot for that kind of 60's vibe for the first movie. I think he had the whole trilogy planned out.
That's actually pretty cool. I've always thought that they should try more superhero period pieces. Fantastic Four in the 60's might help that series to work better as a movie.

Squire

Banned
Ah man. Marvel Unlimited is a technical nightmare. It just stopped working for me. Do they patch this? I can't imagine paying for this. More than worth it for the volume if content, but if the app doesn't wirk... *shrug*.

And I don't think Uncanny X-Force is on Scribd. *sigh*

Messi

And the art... :D

This lovely art. Might be my favorite part.

There is a man reading comics on the bus. I don't think I've ever seen that here. It's just not common. But I am trying to figure out what book it is. It is a hardcover. Art is an oldish style, like Sandman or doom patrol. The cover is red and it has a large grenade on it. A few interior pages seem to show the golden gate Bridge. Another few seem to have a zombie like head with wires attached. Another has a bald buy with a black sleeveless vest.

Help me figure this out. It's gonna annoy me.

Edit : paper looks vertigo style. The grenade on the back cover is yellow and blue.

Edit: maybe the hardcover is the inside of a dust jacket? Looks like it.

Edit : I caught the spine of it as he got up. It is the invisibles.

Fucking hell

Zombine

Banned
Uncanny X-Men was a 10/10 this week. Loved the story and I thought
Bo
was adorable. More of this, and less whatever the hell that other shit is.

I'm glad this issue exists, because it gives me hope for the X-Men.

There is a man reading comics on the bus. I don't think I've ever seen that here. It's just not common. But I am trying to figure out what book it is. It is a hardcover. Art is an oldish style, like Sandman or doom patrol. The cover is red and it has a large grenade on it. A few interior pages seem to show the golden gate Bridge. Another few seem to have a zombie like head with wires attached. Another has a bald buy with a black sleeveless vest.

Edit : paper looks vertigo style. The grenade on the back cover is yellow and blue.

Fucking hell
Wonder which ComicsGAFfer you saw, does Tetrax like Morrison?

kd-z

That Batman v Superman (still a terrible title!) trailer was not bad in that it was well put together. But I have no idea why people who don't like Superman are making/promoting movies about him :(

Devin Faraci of Badass Digest mentioned that he read the script and that there definitely are fun moments in there, so we'll see. At least the inclusion of a more experienced Batman seems to be something new and cool.

Zombine

Banned
That Batman v Superman (still a terrible title!) trailer was not bad in that it was well put together. But I have no idea why people who don't like Superman are making/promoting movies about him :(

Devin Faraci of Badass Digest mentioned that he read the script and that there definitely are fun moments in there, so we'll see. At least the inclusion of a more experienced Batman seems to be something new and cool.

Still don't know why Batman is so angry. Probably Jersey Girl.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward

Fucking hell

Wow. That dude is a champ. Bringing that massive thing on the road with him? That takes some commitment.

I still really need that omnibus. I read the first 5 or so issues of The Invisibles a while back and I absolutely LOVED it.

Tizoc

I really refuse to believe anything Catwoman related is "awesome." I never really liked her. Always found her boring. I did always like this scene, though

i'M GONNa have to stop you right the fuck there, and tell you this
Go read Ed Brubaker & Darwyn Cooke's Catwoman run.
I don't care if you still dislike the character afterwards, but read it as they did some excellent stories featuring the character
http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/DC/CATWOMAN-TP-VOL-01/OCT110246

Start there, go read some good comics kiddo.

I miss JC, he was the only other dude who appreciated same comics as me. *Sigh*

Kipp

When is JC back again? It seems like it's been a long time.

Dude's gonna come back with a 20,000 word post after a ban this long.

Zombine

Banned

Wat? Tizoc...plz.

I read and loved that Catwoman run

I read the Sonic and Mega Man comics and enjoyed them based on your recommendation.

I read TMNT.

And I got into Transformers on my own. MTMTE > RID

Kipp

Wat? Tizoc...plz.

I read the Sonic and Mega Man comics and enjoyed them based on your recommendation.

I read TMNT.

Sorry, not good enough. You'll never compare to JC.

May 6th I think

Dude's never gonna get a chance to talk about Stray Bullets again at this rate lol

Ooh. Almost there.
When he comes back, he'd best only post in ComicsGAF.

Tizoc

Wat? Tizoc...plz.

I read TMNT.

Aight you cool in my book bro
1322974365211.png

You know I really should read more of Alred's work. iZombie doesn't really suit my tastes but Madman is a series I should start reading already.

Wonder which ComicsGAFfer you saw, does Tetrax like Morrison?

I do.

And Ireland isn't that small, dammit. I live in the south-east, Messi lives in the big smoke. I'm like four hours away from Dublin on a good day.

I'd never read a physical book on the bus anyway. I get enough hassle when I attempt table t reading.

Sadist

Transformers? Transformers.

The Transformers #40 is a bit boring though. Yes we get it, Prowl is evil and crazy. Get on with it.

Top Bottom