• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

Owzers

Have you ever bought a statue and regretted it afterwards because you didn't really like the design? If so, which one, of course. Even without all the paint problems i'm turning on my Chiang wonder woman statue...that face.

I will majorly fanboy out if I ever get to meet Pitarra in person. That guy is the best.
He was a pretty cool dude. Didnt know he lived in Austin til I met him.

He was trying to buy Moebius pages? Like, you can do that?
Sure, if you have 15k+ to drop on one

Zorn is the singularity.
That last line should be somewhat familiar to people reading East of West.
This was from Ultimates right? I have to reread his run, As brief as it was.

fauxtrot

Banned
Have you ever bought a statue and regretted it afterwards because you didn't really like the design? If so, which one, of course. Even without all the paint problems i'm turning on my Chiang wonder woman statue...that face.

Why not just repaint any statues you find problems on? It can't be that hard, right?

Muahahaha

ReAxion

Fix it yourself!

0Ign2RG.jpg

Owzers

I'm having trouble finding the right color to match the skin tone....it's going to look weird if i try, but a different kind of weird. I can either have a black dot on her forehead where DC's paint dripped and an unpainted silver ear top, or i can have some weird orange color on it.

ReAxion

Goes from Savior of Christianity to Savior of The Apes

what if the apes found out about religion?

-------

Anyone else reading Revival? Last issue kinda pressed the gas, seems like they're under a rush to finish the story, compared to the pace of the last few.

Boogiepop

So I know I've tried asking this before to no avail, but I know SOMEBODY in here has to know: with the TMNT/Ghostbusters crossover, does it primarily build off the movies or directly the comics for Ghostbusters. Like, how well does it work as an entry point to see if I want more or not? Or is it going to spoil the comic run? Trying to figure out how essential it is to grab the Ghostbusters series before reading it, essentially.

a local comic book store is going out of business so they're having a warehouse sale this weekend. I picked up around 8 issues or so of some 80s Amethyst comics and #1s of Ninjak (holofoil!!!) and Madman for $10.

Can anyone vouch for Rick Veitch's Bratpack? I've heard about it and saw some issues there, and i'm going back on Sunday.

A 20 second teaser doesn't really tell you what's going on though. You're judging something completely and totally based on %0.34 percent of it. There's no guarantee that the scenes shown in the teaser represent the final film. They could be color graded darker, they could be from B-roll and so many other things.

This is literal jumping to conclusions.

I feel like he's just speaking from a subjective pov though, like it doesn't interest me at all and the teaser didn't change a thing. Also, going off of Man of Steel and Snyder's style.

Anyway, my point is who cares what he thinks either way

There's too much comic movie tension right now. Let's just agree that Star Wars is the GOAT and move on.
I'm just too giddy to let stupid internet angst get to me. In one week I got DD the best thing MCu has done, an amazing new Star Wars trailer, and a leaked cool looking BvS teaser. And Mad max looks so great to. I'm still concened about avengers 2 but what a week!

I'm just too giddy to let stupid internet angst get to me. In one week I got DD the best thing MCu has done, an amazing new Star Wars trailer, and a leaked cool looking BvS teaser. And Mad max looks so great to. I'm still concened about avengers 2 but what a week!

Yesterday was damn near too much to handle.

I wanna see how it looks in hi-res. I can wait a few more days.

There's too much comic movie tension right now. Let's just agree that Star Wars is the GOAT and move on.

I can get behind this.

Although the sheer bafflement some people in the leak trailer are expressing at the very notion of Batman and Superman fighting is pretty great.

So I know I've tried asking this before to no avail, but I know SOMEBODY in here has to know: with the TMNT/Ghostbusters crossover, does it primarily build off the movies or directly the comics for Ghostbusters. Like, how well does it work as an entry point to see if I want more or not? Or is it going to spoil the comic run? Trying to figure out how essential it is to grab the Ghostbusters series before reading it, essentially.
It builds of comic Ghostbusters. By the latest run. It was pretty good. Great paper.

Battfleck is so good looking. Seriously, dude is terrifying. You don't have to be superstitious and cowardly to get freaked out when you run into him in a dark alley.

fauxtrot

Banned
I'm 100% down with Ben Affleck as Bruce (and have been from the start), but Zack Snyder has yet to make a movie that I've liked overall. He's obviously got a great eye for visuals and exciting action-sequences (and I will say that the first few minues of Dawn of the Dead were pretty amazing), but he's pretty incompetent when it comes to pacing, depth and keeping the viewer engaged in his films' stories.

I really want this (as well as the other DC movies) to be great, though.

The only Zack Snyder movie I've seen is Legends of the Guardians (the animated movie with the owls). I thought it was boring as hell, and I read the crap out of the source material as a kid.

Top Bottom