• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

Oh, it's bad. Not in a "so bad it's good" way either. It's atrocious and can definitely ruin a book.

yup

I can't read anything with that trash drawing it
Apparently I opened a can of worms. I wasn't bothered by it, honestly. It's average, but it's fine. Served its purpose.
LMAO man that batman v superman thread is a doozy.
I've been avoiding it on purpose. What's happening?

PsychBat!

Banned
Apparently I opened a can of worms. I wasn't bothered by it, honestly. It's average, but it's fine. Served its purpose.
A3cdgJc.jpg

Zombine

Banned
Not sorry. That fan-edited trailer was perfect, and the belief that there's no place for light in Batman because he's too tragic is absurd.

I firmly stand by the notion that Batman is a self indulgent asshole and there are people in this world that have lost far more than he could ever imagine. All of his additional drama that ends up in his life is his own doing, and that he's caused far more death and destruction than he's ever prevented.

Basically, fuck Batman. Great comics, shitty ass character when you deconstruct his motives and self indulgent power fantasy.

Punisher on the other hand...that's a hero o can get behind. No loose ends, no compromise.

Not sorry. That fan-edited trailer was perfect, and the belief that there's no place for light in Batman because he's too tragic is absurd.

Personally I find the rumor that
Dick Grayson is dead in the BVS series
to be great because the Bat Family (aside from Alfred) is lame just like all non-Batman DC characters are lame and it's a shame he has to be saddled in this lame universe. Batman should should be in his own universe because honestly he feels like a Marvel character to me

/s

SoilBreak

Banned

I'm not disagreeing at all, it just that most discussions about comic characters (from people who not familiar with the medium) in the OT turn to shit.

to be great because the Bat Family (aside from Alfred) is lame just like all non-Batman DC characters are lame and it's a shame he has to be saddled in this lame universe. Batman should should be in his own universe because honestly he feels like a Marvel character to me

/s

Theres a rumor for that?

Garbage universe then.

My problem with BvS right now is my kid doesn't care about it. I don't really blame him though.

Archie vs. Predator #1

Basically more Archie hijinks than Predator stuff. There is blood...but not what you think.

It was surprisingly good. Not Afterlife tier, but entertaining. I'll be sticking with it.

/s

Stop. Please. It hurts. I know it's sarcasm, but still. My soul burns reading that.

Sadist

I'm not disagreeing at all, it just that most discussions about comic characters (from people who not familiar with the medium) in the OT turn to shit.
Some people just can't accept the fact that not everything will translate well to another medium. In most comicbook movies I can understand changing some details to make it more believable on screen.

A bit different but somewhat related, I had the same discussion with someone who read World War Z and watched the movie; he absolutely hated everything about it and didn't understand why the movie didn't stay true to the source material. I explained to him that a mockumentary flick about the events after a war against zombies just wouldn't fly with the general audience.

Apparantly I was an idiot and don't know anything about the general public that visits the theater.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Some people just can't accept the fact that not everything will translate well to another medium. In most comicbook movies I can understand changing some details to make it more believable on screen.

A bit different but somewhat related, I had the same discussion with someone who read World War Z and watched the movie; he absolutely hated everything about it and didn't understand why the movie didn't stay true to the source material. I explained to him that a mockumentary flick about the events after a war against zombies just wouldn't fly with the general audience.

Apparantly I was an idiot and don't know anything about the general public that visits the theater.

Well, the other dude was right :D

Dont take this to serious ;)

Sadist

Well, the other dude was right :D

Dont take this to serious ;)
You can't imagine the world of hurt I'm going through right now.

:(

Anyway time to finish Daredevil. Liking the show a lot.

Only thing that somewhat bothers me is that D'onofrio is trying to hard with Wilson's voice. Otherwise solid performance.

calder

I've been reading a bunch of Star Wars stuff since they added it to MU, but what series is best after I'm done the main series? Legacy? Dark Times? Kotor?

Top Bottom