• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

why am I seeing Khoi Pham doing the interiors for this issue of Daredevil

this shit ain't funny
The best you can say about it is that the colorist carries him enough so that you can at least look at it without getting sick, and more so that it's the most useless issue of the run

Why the koi pham hate? What pops on gimages with that name seems pretty above average.
this is what he did to my precious Scarlet Spider:
2461001-scarletspider_7_thegroup_019.jpg

Just finished only my second reading of Dark Knight Returns. It is a phenomenal book. I'm not telling anyone anything new about that. Very popular book which I'm sure most people here have read it. This caught my eye as it instantly reminded me of We Are Robin.

byxcwqa.jpg

Vyer

I can't stand harden. His whole game is based on the refs getting him to the line. He's going wade 06 finals all the time.

I'm glad Curry will win MVP

No, that's not 'his whole game'. He is quick enough to get by his defender, strong enough to initiate contact and follow through and smart enough to know which players will extend out once he's past them so he can draw that foul. When he's on he can shake defenders with his ballhandling and step back and drain shots with the best of them. he's also a solid passer and can get his teammates involved. 11 assists tonight.

No doubt he knows how to flop and exaggerate contact. But I've been watching the NBA for more than 20 years and that's hardly new when it comes to star players. Not going to worry too much about it now that it's happening with someone on the Rockets as opposed to happening to them.

Curry will win, but Harden should. Dragging this team to a 2nd seed in the West is a monumental task. I don't have any problem with Curry tho. Great player.

also...uh...comics!

You bashing him for reminding you that people with extra chromosomes exist?

or you mean the SS suit design, cuz...yikes.

No, his art is straight bad in Scarlet Spider. The anatomy in the third panel is just whack. And there's plenty of instances where there's just obvious flaws like the eye lenses on Kaine's mask just being crooked or not lining up properly. His mask is black with red Spidey eyes-- it's not that hard to align them correctly.

Here's another fun page:
What is even happening with Kaine's head in that first panel

FWIW I really like Kaine's costume. The problem is Pham's art does it zero favors especially compared to something like Stegman's cover of issue #7

Khoi Pham on Scarlet Spider was the store brand version Stegman at best, but like it's expired. And even then, it made me think "shit, I really wish Stegman was drawing this and not the better selling books" for like 12 issues. He wasn't the only bad artist on that book though tbf, cuz David Yardin... oof

Tizoc

The art in this Venom vs Carnage mini series is amazing, holy shit

Check out its follow-up Toxin, the art isn't by Crain but it is a good mini from what I recall.

Other stuff Clayton Crain did art for include
Carnage #1-5 (2010-2011)
Carnage: U.S.A. #1-5 (2012)
Ghost Rider: Road to Damnation, miniseries, #1-6 (2005–06)
Ghost Rider: Trail of Tears, miniseries, #1-6 (2007)
X-Force, vol. 2, #1-6, 11-16, 21-25 (2009-)

Both GR minis are by Garth Ennis IIRC. That X-Force run was written by Kyle and Yost btw.

Messi

Idk, it was my first Harley Comic :/

xSUMg.gif

Well at least you started with the best.

Also there is no other way to read Harley other than with her TAS voice :)

Welcome to hijinks club!

No, that's not 'his whole game'. He is quick enough to get by his defender, strong enough to initiate contact and follow through and smart enough to know which players will extend out once he's past them so he can draw that foul. When he's on he can shake defenders with his ballhandling and step back and drain shots with the best of them. he's also a solid passer and can get his teammates involved. 11 assists tonight.

No doubt he knows how to flop and exaggerate contact. But I've been watching the NBA for more than 20 years and that's hardly new when it comes to star players. Not going to worry too much about it now that it's happening with someone on the Rockets as opposed to happening to them.

Curry will win, but Harden should. Dragging this team to a 2nd seed in the West is a monumental task. I don't have any problem with Curry tho. Great player.

also...uh...comics!

NBA talk in Comic-GAF, Rockets talk at that. YASSSS. Preach on.

tumblr_nm1xa9gYJC1r4fk9jo1_250.gif

Messi

There's a TPB titled just Harley and Ivy, nice art and fun stories. Worth checking out.

Then you can check out Gotham City Sirens.

Harley and Ivy is the next best book after Mad Love. By Dini and Timm too. It's the purest version of Harley and Ivys relationship and it features the most adorable Harley story. Sick of angsty Harley from suicide squad? No because no one reads that but get this instead. It's also out of print and fairly pricy (the 3 single issues go for 60-70 bucks). Plus it's only 3 issues. It's on Comixology, so get it there.

The Gotham City Sirens complete collection is the best way to get that one. Vol 2 is out soon. I loved that series. I love how Dini writes Harley.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Harley and Ivy is the next best book after Mad Love. By Dini and Timm too. It's the purest version of Harley and Ivys relationship and it features the most adorable Harley story. Sick of angsty Harley from suicide squad? No because no one reads that but get this instead. It's also out of print and fairly pricy (the 3 single issues go for 60-70 bucks). Plus it's only 3 issues. It's on Comixology, so get it there.

The Gotham City Sirens complete collection is the best way to get that one. Vol 2 is out soon. I loved that series. I love how Dini writes Harley.
Just looked Harley & Ivy up in Amazon, wow, the price starts at 90€

But I understand yöu right that Gotham City Sirens collects Harley & Ivy, too?

I dont even want to touch my Harley: Hot in the City Trade because its not drawn by Paul Dini and he fits Harley perfectly. And it has the shitty new costume :/ Harley with BTAS Costume = GOAT of all time.

Messi

I dont even want to touch my Harley: Hot in the City Trade because its not drawn by Paul Dini and he fits Harley perfectly. And it has the shitty new costume :/ Harley with BTAS Costume = GOAT of all time.

No Harley and Ivy is not collected elsewhere to my knowledge. Gotham City Sirens is a Dini written series from a few years ago.

Read hot in the city. It's really lighthearted but different to Dini. It also has loads of wonderful costumes in it not just the shitty one.

Like her superhero costume

bc35c6b9dd2b4d08ede071b20435c257.jpg

Messi

This one looks actually really good.

Man, now I am excited for the Suicide Squad Movie :D

Margot Robbie as Harley is going to be the death of me.

Hot Toys please. Fire up the machines. Get to work on modelling her. It's all I want*

*please reveal the Ultron Scarlett Witch

Edit : oh please God let jot toys get the Tron licence for Tron 3

Go digital for Harley & ivy. And IMO if it's not Dini that's writing Harley I don't enjoy it.

Messi

Hmm injustice Harley is pretty good. But she's still a bit too insane and whacky. But that might be the closest I've enjoyed someone else writing her.

I thought Dini wrote a pretty wacky Harley in Gotham City Sirens. But I liked it. But he can also do serious Harley. Like in Arkham (even though I'd argue it's the weakest Harley writing he has done)

So, lemme get this straight. I just finished N52 Wonder Woman vol. 2, and vol. 3 will bring
the New Gods
into the picture?

Sweet.

Not really all that spoilery, but:

Yeah it does, though mostly
Orion
. There is also a
Green Lantern event with them that takes place a little while later called Godhead
that was pretty great.

Top Bottom