• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
This one comicbook with Green Arrow and Green Lantern, where booth make a trip through america in a green truck, which run is this?

This one comicbook with Green Arrow and Green Lantern, where booth make a trip through america in a green truck, which run is this?

It's collected in a recent (2012-ish) trade just called Green Lantern/Green Arrow. It has this cover:
2536566-_t2ec16hhjf0e9nmftm_nbqk_ffgdwg__60_57.jpeg

I think it's got the whole run.

Reading the current Deadpool run now that I've got that free month of Marvel Unlimited (thanks to everyone that posted the code). I think I started it, way back when, but I got turned off by the "joke-per-panel" pacing/style. It's damn good now, at issue 17. Still funny, but a lot more willing to be serious. Reminds me of the oldschool stuff, really.

Reading the current Deadpool run now that I've got that free month of Marvel Unlimited (thanks to everyone that posted the code). I think I started it, way back when, but I got turned off by the "joke-per-panel" pacing/style. It's damn good now, at issue 17. Still funny, but a lot more willing to be serious. Reminds me of the oldschool stuff, really.
Make sure to check out the superior joe kelly run. Yea I said it!

So I'm reading Rotworld: The Green Kingdom, and I come to the part with
the Bio-Restorative Bat-Bot and Bio-Restorative guns.

jake-laughing-o.gif

But otherwise, I'm enjoying this so far.

EDIT: Also,
Rot!Superman exploding at the first ray of sunlight.

EDIT 2:
Green Lantern Frankenstein.
I don't know whether I love or hate this idea.

So I'm reading Rotworld: The Green Kingdom, and I come to the part with
the Bio-Restorative Bat-Bot and Bio-Restorative guns.

jake-laughing-o.gif

But otherwise, I'm enjoying this so far.

EDIT: Also,
Rot!Superman exploding at the first ray of sunlight.

EDIT 2:
Green Lantern Frankenstein.
I don't know whether I love or hate this idea.

I want to read that event, but it seems almost TOO ridiculous.

Make sure to check out the superior joe kelly run. Yea I said it!

Oh, I've already read that, it's the oldschool stuff I was referring to :p

I think I preferred the art in that, but otherwise there's really nothing to choose between them. Fantastic stuff. "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" was the best Deadpool story I've read in a long-ass time.

Messi

Oh, I've already read that, it's the oldschool stuff I was referring to :p

I think I preferred the art in that, but otherwise there's really nothing to choose between them. Fantastic stuff. "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" was the best Deadpool story I've read in a long-ass time.

That story was brilliant.

So shortsighted then?

If he were, he'd have tried to raise his daughter.

Could see quite well what would happen to her in the long term.

He also wouldn't keep pushing back anyone and everyone that tries to associate with him. Precisely because he knows what tends to happen to those that stick around.

tim1138

Thanks a lot.
I am watching a documentatiom about superhero comics in TV an my wishlist grows and grows. Never thought that this one 15 Issue Shield from Steranko looks that amazing, too.

Now that 70s Wonder Woman show :D

That is one of my favorite comic book runs of all time. Green Lantern/Green Arrow was awesome, and its sad that a lot of the social commentary in it is still relevant today.

tim1138

How's the Red Kingdom half of it?

I haven't read that yet. My IST order just came in today.

The two converge at Swamp Thing and Animal Man #s 17, so they share pretty much everything I described in that post. As a result, just going by what I've read, it's at least as dumb as Green Kingdom.

It's fucking awful and almost killed all the positive momentum Animal Man had built up to that point.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The art in this Venom vs Carnage mini series is amazing, holy shit

It's fucking awful and almost killed all the positive momentum Animal Man had built up to that point.

Well shit. I haven't read anything Animal Man related ever, so I have no knowledge of that franchise.

What I do know, is that I finished Inhumanity, which was just kind of...there. One of the stories in it was pretty cool, but beyond that "eh." There wasn't much actual Inhuman stuff going on. Disappointing, but like I said, there's a story or two in there that's cool. Honestly if anyone wanted to get into the new Inhuman stuff, it isn't a prerequisite. Aside from the Karnak bit in the beginning, but even that's not a prerequisite. It's just cool.

Also got through the rest of Hellboy Library Edition Volume 5 which contains Darkness Calls and The Wild Hunt story arcs. A lot of plot. Hellboy saying "fuck you" to literally everything. Good stuff. Was not expecting him to
be a descendant of King Arthur, though. That was a turn.

Currently reading New 52 The Flash Volume 1: Moving Forward. Enjoying it so far, though I don't have much experience with The Flash as a property overall, minus any animated stuff and the current CW series. Figured this would be a good jumping on point to get a quick familiarization with the property as a whole.

I know I read Rotworld, but I don't remember a damn thing about it.
I remember one thing at the end of it. Wasn't a fan of that plot point

In other news what would you say is JR Jrs best work. He's always been a hit or miss artist to me but I'd say his work on DD:the man of fear is his best work. Maybe spidey as runner up?

His wolverine Millar run was pretty good too. Maybe that as #3

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I don't think it's his best, but I really enjoyed his work in the most recent Superman story he did with Johns:
SUPMAN35-SMP-3.jpg

I'm reading that arc now which triggered my question. Man why is johns pulling an Ellis and leaving already :( he loves his Hollywood scene too much

He's moving onto the superior superman. I'm afraid that whatever he is actually working on will only be a one shot, mini series or an occasional graphic novel like earth one. I can only imagine his job is going to get much busier after this point with the DCCU ramping up, I'm sure we'll see more cartoons, live action shows and video games.

Got through New 52 Flash Volume 1. Good stuff. A fun book. I like Cold's new powers.

Also picked up Astonishing X-Men Volume 1 last week and Volume 2 this week. Really, really enjoying that. I like Whedon, and I really wanted to read an X-Men run, so I picked that up. Really enjoying it.

Top Bottom