• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

2014 was last year.

That season finale though. God damn.

Now you basically have no choice but to read Kanan, which is superb.

It's on my digi backlog.

I really dig it. Getting into all this cartoon stuff, and now I'm definitely going all in on the new wave of novels. I was hesitant to start at the beginning (A New Dawn) because it was so Rebels oriented, but hey, good news, I love Rebels!

I'm also 1/4th into Dawn of the Jedi, a relic of my attempts to go through all the EU, but now I think I should start with the NuU and just read EU stuff if I have some spare attention.

Thoughts, anyone?

Zombine

Banned
It's on my digi backlog.

I really dig it. Getting into all this cartoon stuff, and now I'm definitely going all in on the new wave of novels. I was hesitant to start at the beginning (A New Dawn) because it was so Rebels oriented, but hey, good news, I love Rebels!

I'm also 1/4th into Dawn of the Jedi, a relic of my attempts to go through all the EU, but now I think I should start with the NuU and just read EU stuff if I have some spare attention.

Thoughts, anyone?

I have moved all of my attention to the NuU as to not confuse things that happened before. I love being able to let go of a lot of the stupid shit like
Chewie's death
and enjoy this new stuff as it happens.

I have moved all of my attention to the NuU as to not confuse things that happened before. I love being able to let go of a lot of the stupid shit like
Chewie's death

The one thing I always really wanted to get into was Traviss' Clonetrooper stuff, but oh well.

I did get a crap load of EU comics during that BOGO sale though. I always had a soft spot for Legacy.

Crimson Empire are good. Well the first two. I just found out there was a third one. There was a Darth Vader one I liked too and something Duncan Fegredo. Ill try to find those out..sorry I need to see whats on there.

be1.png

I laughed until it hurt. I don't even want to know the context, it's perfect as it is.

It is good! Although I think I'm like...5 eps behind (the end of season 1)...isn't there a Kanaan comic that's starting soon for it?

Also first post! :)

Welcome, new person!

Chewie's death

Not having the Vong is worth it IMO. They were shit. SHIIIIIIIIIIT. *laughing begins again*

The one thing I always really wanted to get into was Traviss' Clonetrooper stuff, but oh well.

I did get a crap load of EU comics during that BOGO sale though. I always had a soft spot for Legacy.

Traviss' Republic Commando novels were actually quite good. It's a shame her work on Star Wars ended in a bit of a mess.

I do...but I'll be honest...haven't read her solo comic yet! Just ordered Hawkeye Oversized Vol 1 (1-11) by Fraction and Aja...should I get Harley's solo?

It's good if you're into goofy comics that don't take themselves too seriously. If you haven't read it already, I recommend Power Girl: Power Trip. Conner and Palmiotti worked on it and it's a really fun series. If you enjoy it, then I'd definitely say check out the current Harley ongoing (at least the PG arc and upcoming mini).

You did good on Hawkeye though. One of the best things Marvel has right now.

Reading through Waid's Daredevil (yeah I'm reading this before Bru's run, come at me brehs) and this is so good. I enjoyed what I read of it before (first ~8 issues) but after reading Bendis's run, it feels like a wonderful breath of fresh air. Everything is so colorful and vibrant, Matt seems a lot more optimistic as a whole, and it knows how to do drama. Seriously, stuff like
Coyote using Milla to fuck with Matt
or
Foggy and Matt's argument which ultimately stems from Foggy's stress over cancer
are all just fantastically executed.

Just some top tier comic booking going on right now. I just finished the 22nd issue. This past week or so has given me a new level of appreciation for DD and I'm happy about that. Definitely one of my favorite Marvel boys after this. Don't think anyone will ever top Spider-Man for me, but DD's at least top five (maybe even 3?) at this rate.

It's on my digi backlog.

Thoughts, anyone?

It's not comixxxxx but Anyone remotely interested in non-movie non-tv star wars owes it to themselves to read the thrawn trilogy.

See, this is why I ordered a Hellboy trade alongside Rotworld. In case I hated Rotworld - or, as it turned, hated half of Rotworld - I could wash out the bad taste with something I knew would be good.

And I was right. Conqueror Worm was awesome. I swear, Hellboy gets better with every trade I read.

Also, now I know why Lobster Johnson has (had?) his own series.

Haha, I've been lurking long enough to know what I've gotta say :p I do like her but need to read more. I have a helluva backlog but...comics.

Don't worry about it. HQ is best avoided. Direct correlation between people reading that thing and doing creepy stuff like buying/obsessing over minis.

I bought Star Wars the complete saga on blu. HOW DO I WATCH THE?

In order. Wouldn't bother with eps 4, 5 and 6, tho. Too old, hasn't aged well.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
See, this is why I ordered a Hellboy trade alongside Rotworld. In case I hated Rotworld - or, as it turned, hated half of Rotworld - I could wash out the bad taste with something I knew would be good.

You could also wash the taste out with Animal Man Annual #2. Though there may be a salty teary taste.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
1-6 is the chronological order and you should stick to it. The first three movies are kinda meh, but it will be getting better and better. It would be really stupid to start with the old ones, because the new ones are shit and you will kust stop to watch them.

Oh wow David Mack is showing the preview of Kabuki library editions. I might have to rebuy it again. That gorgeous art in a library editions? Must have!

http://www.darkhorse.com/Books/26-386/Kabuki-Library-Edition-Volume-1-HC
I've only ever skimmed through Kabuki, but David Mack's art in the first arc of Daredevil that Bendis did was phenomenal. Seriously stunning work. How was the writing in Kabuki?
I AM SO CONFUSED

watch 1-3 only

I've only ever skimmed through Kabuki, but David Mack's art in the first arc of Daredevil that Bendis did was phenomenal. Seriously stunning work. How was the writing in Kabuki?
I loved it. It's an amazing series that everyone should read. Mack takes an approach of melding the writing and art in creative and exciting ways. The first arc was a black and white college project that melded his love of art and his learning of Japan. After that he started mixing in other art forms. And the concept of a Japan female pop group that's secretly an assassin squad is fun. Even if most of the other characters don't get much screen time (except scarab)

Top Bottom