• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

Reading through Deadpool vs Carnage (don't judge).

Has there ever been a writer that managed to do a homicidal Carnage that wasn't complete drek?

F4 vol 1 #570-574
F4 vol 2 #575-578
F4 vol 3 #579-582
F4 vol 4 #583-588
FF vol 1 #1-5
FF vol 2 #6-11
F4 vol 5 #600-604
FF vol 3 #12-16 (events take place during F4 vol 5)
FF vol 4 #17-23
F4 vol 6 #605.1, 605-611

I would also recommend reading Spider-Man #658,659,660,680&681

stolen from the reddits, btw

Sweet, thanks.

No, he's also terribly written in Venom vs Carnage which I just read. The mini itself is decent enough since it introduces Toxin and has amazing art... damn that fucking art man

Oh. Joy.

This thing also has the distinction of having the laziest Glenn Fabry cover art i've ever seen.
Deadpool-vs-Carnage-1-Cover-610x927-b70a8.jpg

Dude legit wasn't even trying.

--

wow.

Bloodember

What is the logic behind this order?
Watch 4 because its a great start to the franchise, then 5 so you know what's up with Vader and Luke, then 2, and 3 for flash back to see how vader came to be then 6 to finish. You can throw 1 in before 2 if you want but its not really needed to get the story.

Cheska

mreddie

Frank Cho was actually at that comic convention I was at and had a stack of those prints.

Spider-Gwen was everywhere. Seriously, almost every single artist booth had something Gwen related, and I am totally guilty of buying more than one related print. It is sad that there was virtually nothing Silk related though :(

Give it time, I'm sure she'll get a following.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
BigWowComicFest was fun :) Surprisingly, I didn't spend as much as I usually do. I got some prints from Chrissie Zullo (who is super sweet), including her awesome Batgirl/Spider Gwen selfie print.

Also bought some prints from Mike McKone, who was without a doubt one of the nicest dudes I've met at these cons. Him and his friend had excellent banter and just made you feel super comfortable.

I was hoping to have Adam Hughes sign some more stuff for me, but we missed his morning signing and he wasn't going to do another one until later in the day, and we left before then.

I did however have Joe Quinones sign all my Captain Marvel covers and my Bloodspell OHC, which he signed and also drew a cool little Zatanna. Paolo Rivera signed my Daredevil stuff, though he was kind of quiet.

I bought two Marvel Legends action figures, Captian Marvel and Spider-Gwen, a ton of freakin' awesome charms by ComplexWish, this new manga called Survivorland, some wooden cat earrings, and a commission of cute chibi characters which is going to be shipped to my house since I wouldn't be back to pick it up.

The coolest thing though, was getting to meet Bii!!!! :D I'll wait until he pops up in here to post our picture but he's a super nice guy, with a beautiful wife and an incredibly adorable son.

Glad you had a good time!

I'm looking forward to meeting Bii as well (and everyone else here who's going to SDCC, of course) at SDCC!
On top of that, I'm probably going to meet up with Filthy Slug at a Mountain Goats concert in LA in June, so it's going to be a great summer for finally meeting some ComicsGAF folks!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
almost finished with Dan Slott's She Hulk, but since it doesn't have the usual "as seen in X comic" when they talk about stuff that didn't happen in the book, when did Scarlet Witch turn Jen into a savage she hulk and she killed Vision?

And how many fucking times has Wanda gone crazy and turned badguy lol

Zombine

Banned
Especially since everyone was bitching so hard about it when the picture first showed up online.

Not me. Because quite frankly I have better shit to worry about, and showing faux outrage over a sexy pose and bitching about it on the Internet solves nothing.

I'd rather play Counter-Strike for drops. That's way more productive.

Reading the start of Hickman's run; a little bit past this, but does it bug anyone else that apparently 3 separate version of Reed Richards acquired the Infinity Gauntlet, and their move was to assemble a metric ton of other Reeds to try and fix the multiverse?

Like, the ego that takes, my god. I've had little exposure to the character before, but Jesus Christ.

Reading the start of Hickman's run; a little bit past this, but does it bug anyone else that apparently 3 separate version of Reed Richards acquired the Infinity Gauntlet, and their move was to assemble a metric ton of other Reeds to try and fix the multiverse?

Like, the ego that takes, my god. I've had little exposure to the character before, but Jesus Christ.

The whole series makes him seem like a total dick. Like you, I hadn't had much exposure to FF before this. I don't know if this is an extreme interpretation or the norm.
Though I guess after reading Planetary, other writers see him this way too.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Reed is a dick, and that's not even the most dickish thing he does in that run

Finished Slott's She Hulk (2004 one), what a fun read. Loved all 12 issues, shame I hear the 2005 Slott ongoing isn't as good (especially since its 3 times as long)

Continuing with the "Tragicomedy Reads Old Daredevil Comics So You Don't Have To" theme.

In issue #13, our horned hero ends up stranded in the Savage Lands, where he is attacked by a giant primitive ape man. The trick to defeating an ape man is the same to defeat a regular man: a giant punch to the nuts. THOK!
w02ljJK.jpg

Issues #16 and 17 treat us to a fight with none other than Spider-Man, a character that Stan Lee has been channeling as hard as he freaking can through the first 15 issues of Daredevil. If Spidey weren't a Marvel property, you can bet your ass his creators would be suing the pants off the company for infringement, but when you are just copying your own work it's not that big of a deal. Anyway, Stan feels the need to apologize for the "hearts and flowers" portion of the book. You know, he's tossing a bone out to the ladies before getting back to the action.
jvBf5C8.jpg

Spider-Man apparently owns his own version of a Bat signal. Don't tell DC!
oaO4cCk.jpg

Daredevil blows up a fucking blimp!
jJXLtPi.jpg

And Spider-Man is convinced that overweight and nonathletic Foggy Nelson is Daredevil, because Spider-Man is stupid. He does what any reasonable superhero would do in this situation, and hangs the innocent man out of a fucking window.
AUE0vbS.jpg

In issue #18, Foggy Nelson decides to try and impress Karen Paige by pretending to be Daredevil. It goes about as well as you would imagine. What is Foggy supposed to do with his nice suit? If only he had Suit Ball™!
8kLoTID.jpg

Z7pHWgs.jpg

Fuck Mr. Nelson. He sucks.

The whole series makes him seem like a total dick. Like you, I hadn't had much exposure to FF before this. I don't know if this is an extreme interpretation or the norm.
Though I guess after reading Planetary, other writers see him this way too.

Reed is a dick, and that's not even the most dickish thing he does in that run

Finished Slott's She Hulk (2004 one), what a fun read. Loved all 12 issues, shame I hear the 2005 Slott ongoing isn't as good (especially since its 3 times as long)

It's not just Reed; Sue decides to speak for all humanity because... reasons? Johnny reignites what I presume to be a pretty impressive war in the Negative Zone because he's too horny to realize his date is full of insects (admittedly, not the first thing I check for either) and Ben... okay, Ben's alright. But the rest are dicks.

Dicks who can apparently jaunt off and back to the moon in an afternoon.

Oh god, now Reed is giving a full-page word bubble TED talk. I take it back, he's the uberdick, the others don't compare. For the love of god, you have stuff that could solve the problems these people are talking about in an afternoon sitting in your garage!

Cade

Yes, Reed is Top 3 Dicks in The Marvel Universe. Also that's not a buzzfeed article i'm writing. maybe it is idk

Boogiepop

So, anyone know the precise deal with IDW Ghostbusters? Trying to figure out how I'm purchasing this thing, especially since IST can be a pain to search and I think they kind of mashed some stuff together to create the new trades? Can I use any of the Omnibuses/collections to cut down on costs? Should I?

Rhaknar

Sweet baby jesus there is A LOT of writing in this Daredevil #1 by Kevin smith... it's no wonder I guess going by his movies, which are very talk-y

MattyG

Banned
I just read Darth Vader #3. Entered the digital code in and it redeemed a copy of Darth Vader #2. What should I do? Try to contact Marvel? Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Not gonna lie, fellas. I liked the Fantastic Four second trailer.

I still dislike the Doom suit/backstory they went with, but otherwise it looks interesting.

Also: On FF 583 (first of the "countdown to somebody dying" issues) and... uh, is MU broken? 'Cause a lot of the word bubbles are just filled with ampersands.

(That's a "&," in case you didn't know.)

Rhaknar

I still dislike the Doom suit/backstory they went with, but otherwise it looks interesting.

Also: On FF 583 (first of the "countdown to somebody dying" issues) and... uh, is MU broken? 'Cause a lot of the word bubbles are just filled with ampersands.

(That's a "&," in case you didn't know.)

If that's the valeria / doom issue, yes it is. I had to search for those pages on Google

Cade

Kind of off-topic, but I felt that Messi needs to know.

Disney Infinity 3.0 leak. I see a Quorra figure.

Took them like a billion years to get Mickey (non-sorcerer). And 3.0 already? I feel like 2.0 had way too few playsets. Ehhhh. If it's just a big expansion pack, maybe, but another disc/starter pack scenario?

Rhaknar

Not sure how I feel about Smith's Daredevil #1

Top Bottom