• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

Welp. I hope that Spidey is real.

I WANT TO BELIEVE.

I guess I'll find out on Thursday. Haven't decided what show I'll go to. Might wait for the 9:00 PM because I'll probably be delayed working upstairs and I don't want to watch it in a suit. Plus, get to have dinner before getting popcorn, probably a good idea.

Dunbar

Finally got around to reading Sabrina #2. I swear that book has the best art of anything currently being published. Hope they can keep a monthly schedule from now on.

Good to have The Fade Out back too. I love that Old Hollywood vibe.

Cheska

BigWowComicFest was fun :) Surprisingly, I didn't spend as much as I usually do. I got some prints from Chrissie Zullo (who is super sweet), including her awesome Batgirl/Spider Gwen selfie print.

Also bought some prints from Mike McKone, who was without a doubt one of the nicest dudes I've met at these cons. Him and his friend had excellent banter and just made you feel super comfortable.

I was hoping to have Adam Hughes sign some more stuff for me, but we missed his morning signing and he wasn't going to do another one until later in the day, and we left before then.

I did however have Joe Quinones sign all my Captain Marvel covers and my Bloodspell OHC, which he signed and also drew a cool little Zatanna. Paolo Rivera signed my Daredevil stuff, though he was kind of quiet.

I bought two Marvel Legends action figures, Captian Marvel and Spider-Gwen, a ton of freakin' awesome charms by ComplexWish, this new manga called Survivorland, some wooden cat earrings, and a commission of cute chibi characters which is going to be shipped to my house since I wouldn't be back to pick it up.

The coolest thing though, was getting to meet Bii!!!! :D I'll wait until he pops up in here to post our picture but he's a super nice guy, with a beautiful wife and an incredibly adorable son.

Messi

BigWowComicFest was fun :) Surprisingly, I didn't spend as much as I usually do. I got some prints from Chrissie Zullo (who is super sweet), including her awesome Batgirl/Spider Gwen selfie print.

Also bought some prints from Mike McKone, who was without a doubt one of the nicest dudes I've met at these cons. Him and his friend had excellent banter and just made you feel super comfortable.

I was hoping to have Adam Hughes sign some more stuff for me, but we missed his morning signing and he wasn't going to do another one until later in the day, and we left before then.

I did however have Joe Quinones sign all my Captain Marvel covers and my Bloodspell OHC, which he signed and also drew a cool little Zatanna. Paolo Rivera signed my Daredevil stuff, though he was kind of quiet.

I bought two Marvel Legends action figures, Captian Marvel and Spider-Gwen, a ton of freakin' awesome charms by ComplexWish, this new manga called Survivorland, some wooden cat earrings, and a commission of cute chibi characters which is going to be shipped to my house since I wouldn't be back to pick it up.

The coolest thing though, was getting to meet Bii!!!! :D I'll wait until he pops up in here to post our picture but he's a super nice guy, with a beautiful wife and an incredibly adorable son.

Did he bring the counter with him?

Nice that you got to meet him.

I'd love to see your little Zatanna sketch.

Dunbar

Hey! Those are my recommendations to other people. I mean out of the new Marvel books.

I'm kind of tired of ANH stories, but I'm interested in Darth Vader, Kanan, and then maybe Leia.
Darth Vader > Star Wars > Leia > Padan is how I'd rank them. Although it's early yet with the latter two. Vader is really, really freaking good.

Hey! Those are my recommendations to other people. I mean out of the new Marvel books.

I'm kind of tired of ANH stories, but I'm interested in Darth Vader, Kanan, and then maybe Leia.

Heh, sorry. The new ones are pretty good, although I haven't read the Kanaan one. If you enjoyed the OT then I'd go Vader - SW - Leia.

This was a really creative use of paneling that Javier Rodriguez did in Daredevil:
iuxiRij.png

Dear Sideshow Toys,

I am currently in need of Star Wars: The Force Awakens waifu statues. Please hurry a solution to retail as soon as possible, you're my only hope.

Caode

Anyone able to recommend an online retailer (preferably UK based since I'm in Ireland) that I can set up a subscription with?

I need my Star Wars fix and there's no comic shops or retailers anywhere near me. I found a company in Belfast but they of course didn't deliver on their promise and I'm still waiting on my first order to show up from them.. about 3 weeks late at this stage so fuck that.

Nudull

Banned
Well, I see we're talking about movie spoilers openly. Seriously guys, real or not, the spoiler function is there for a reason. :/

Just got up to date (or rather, 6 months out of date) on Deadpool. This really is some goooood shit.

Thinking I'll start that Hickman FF run y'all have been raving about. Never read anything fantastic four, though, so if there's a better place to begin I'm all ears.

Zombine

Banned
Here's my order:

Episode 1

Episode 6

Episode 3

Episode 5

Episode 2

Holiday special

Episode 4 is optional, but can't be watched until you view the Episode I documentary.

Thinking I'll start that Hickman FF run y'all have been raving about. Never read anything fantastic four, though, so if there's a better place to begin I'm all ears.

I was gonna ask about a Hickman F4/FF reading order, too. Read Dark Regin: Fantastic Four last week, but I imagine that the Fantastic Four and FF series are tightly intertwined so that there's a recommend reading order.

Episode 4 is optional, but can't be watched until you view the Episode I documentary.

And it has to be the Skinny Edition, right?

Reading through Deadpool vs Carnage (don't judge).

Has there ever been a writer that managed to do a homicidal Carnage that wasn't complete drek?

I was gonna ask about a Hickman F4/FF reading order, too. Read Dark Regin: Fantastic Four last week, but I imagine that the Fantastic Four and FF series are tightly intertwined so that there's a recommend reading order.

F4 vol 1 #570-574
F4 vol 2 #575-578
F4 vol 3 #579-582
F4 vol 4 #583-588
FF vol 1 #1-5
FF vol 2 #6-11
F4 vol 5 #600-604
FF vol 3 #12-16 (events take place during F4 vol 5)
FF vol 4 #17-23
F4 vol 6 #605.1, 605-611

I would also recommend reading Spider-Man #658,659,660,680&681

stolen from the reddits, btw

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Reading through Deadpool vs Carnage (don't judge).

Has there ever been a writer that managed to do a homicidal Carnage that wasn't complete drek?

No, he's also terribly written in Venom vs Carnage which I just read. The mini itself is decent enough since it introduces Toxin and has amazing art... damn that fucking art man

Top Bottom