• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

Dat Asian fetish kicking in again.

comment_SPAKNjDDJWzzxDk8CNqAGzmD7RkzAwv2.gif

I'm still back and forth if I should try these. Too neck deep in the amiibo business.

I just caught the new Bat vs. Supes trailer.

1) Hire Ben Affleck as your new Batman.
2) He does the same annoying voice as the previous Batman.
3) DC.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Osborn saying Spider Man insted of Steel Spider or hearing Spider Man when people said something else in Warren Ellis's Thunderbolts is cracking me up, the dude is losing it.

This first arc of this run is amazing, be it the story, writing or the art.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
almost finished with Dan Slott's She Hulk, but since it doesn't have the usual "as seen in X comic" when they talk about stuff that didn't happen in the book, when did Scarlet Witch turn Jen into a savage she hulk and she killed Vision?
Avengers: Dissassembled

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Faith in Monsters 1-6 (Thunderbolts #110-115), the first Warren Ellis arc, was maybe the best first arc I've ever read by anyone. The tension on the showdown between the Thunderbolts and the guys they are hunting is palpable, especially in these last couple of issues when they go after Steel Spider and 2 other unregistered guys get caught in the middle. The stuff with Moonstone, Osborn, Songbird and Bullseye is gold.

Usually it takes a bit for writers to find their stride, but I honestly find it hard to believe Ellis will top this arc off during his run. Hopefully I'm wrong

I just re-read Multiversity #1 and man, that might be one of my favorite Grant Morrison single issue comics ever. It really helped to go back and read that issue as it made the other issues really stand out. I'm so hyped for the conclusion now.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Apparently the movie script was based off of Millar's Ultimate Fantastic Four. I've never read that run, but didn't people like it? It was one of the few Ultimate properties that I've heard genuinely positive things about.

I dunno, the one time I posted here that I bought the whole Run for little money everybody was sorry for what I spend that money.

I think it was ok. A couple of boring arcs but some good ones.

I dunno, the one time I posted here that I bought the whole Run for little money everybody was sorry for what I spend that money.

I think it was ok. A couple of boring arcs but some good ones.

Only reason I ask is because next to Ultimate Spider-Man, it's the only Ultimate book that's gotten any real positive reception around these parts

Rhaknar

Ellis's Thunderbolts is so fucking good, damn.

Edit: holy shit lol

thunderbolts121enhanced.jpg

Dat smirk

Edit: Noooooooooooo Ellis's run is just 12 issues? Fuck!

Tizoc

Ellis's Thunderbolts is so fucking good, damn.

Edit: holy shit lol

thunderbolts121enhanced.jpg

Dat smirk

Edit: Noooooooooooo Ellis's run is just 12 issues? Fuck!

Yup, if you want more 12 issue Ellis goodness, check out Nextwave.
I got the Ellis Thunderbolts TPB, really good run with great character interaction and Deodato's art is freakin' good.
Also Gobby's moments are fucking ace, as well as Norman's rant before putting on the suit.

My man JC, IIRC, also pointed out something interesting; re-read the panels as Norman is putting on the Goblin suit-
ellis-thunderbolts15.jpg

Best I could find atm, but notice how on the left the panels are angeled, but on the right, after Norman wears the suit, the panels are straight.

Rhaknar

Nextwave was the very first thing I read back in December when I got my MU sub

And MU says Dark Avengers is by Bendis not Ellis, unless you meant it has a similar vibe

Tizoc

And MU says Dark Avengers is by Bendis not Ellis, unless you meant it has a similar vibe

I sorta liked Bendis' Dark Avengers, but fyi Nextwave and Thunderbolts were both being written within the same year, so you had 2 books by the SAME author yet different themes and settings.

I just meant it's a direct sequel to that Ellis Thunderbolts, has Deodato too and there are some great Norman moments in there.

I sorta liked Bendis' Dark Avengers, but fyi Nextwave and Thunderbolts were both being written within the same year, so you had 2 books by the SAME author yet different themes and settings.
He even managed to finish Planetary in the same time period.

Rhaknar

I just meant it's a direct sequel to that Ellis Thunderbolts, has Deodato too and there are some great Norman moments in there.

He even managed to finish Planetary in the same time period.

I'll probably read it one day in one of my insane event benders when I read secret invasion or dark reign or whatever the fuck it was.

I'll probably read it one day in one of my insane event benders when I read secret invasion or dark reign or whatever the fuck it was.
Both lol. And even Siege towards the end.
That's the suckiest part: being entirely dependent on events, though Dark Reign was more a status quo than an event.

Messi

Kind of off-topic, but I felt that Messi needs to know.

Disney Infinity 3.0 leak. I see a Quorra figure.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck.

pullmebackin.gif

Day one for Quorra and a few others. Love that Disney hasn't forgotten about Quorra.

--

What are some good Avengers stories that heavily feature Carol Danvers? I want to read more of her stuff but don't know where to look.

I just caught the new Bat vs. Supes trailer.

1) Hire Ben Affleck as your new Batman.
2) He does the same annoying voice as the previous Batman.
3) DC.

It's a different voice, tho.

You should read the Cosmic Marvel saga at some point.
Norrin rejoins Galactus in the Annihilation: Silver Surfer mini.

My reading list keeps getting bigger, lol. This is how you all develop untenable backlogs, isn't it? First you read one thing, then you go "huh, what's up with that," then you have to read another thing to understand that, and then it repeats until the heat death of the universe.

The eyes are easily my favorite part. Sogood.gif

Curious to see what kind of physical performance boost it gives him.

None that would ever suffice against Clark.

Nah, we going green rock all the way.

Yep. Awful.

"What Reed Richard's Total Dickishness Can Do For Your Life - And The One Weird Trick He Has To Subtly Ruin Everything"
When your ultrasmart daughter prefers to chill with Victor, who also just happens to be pretty chill with your wife, you know you done fucked up good.

Cool got a book of complete Pulse collection at Books a Million for 10 bucks. Sorta tempted to get the Steranko Shield book for 10 bucks also

Or emma rios Dr Strange season one for 5

Cool got a book of complete Pulse collection at Books a Million for 10 bucks. Sorta tempted to get the Steranko Shield book for 10 bucks also
If it's the complete collection, it's 26 bucks on Amazon and 20 digitally. This run is really great so I'd say go for it. There's some beautiful art in there.

Vyer

Wat.

The scene where Bats asks Superman if he doesn't bleed...sounds almost exactly the same. It's a bit more garbled and robotic, but it has the same pitch, enunciation, and growl. It's a voice I've never associated with Batman prior to Bale putting on the cape.

it sounds like modulation, so maybe a bit of the growl? hard to say. 'pitch and enunciation'? Don't really see it. Even with the modulation the voice is cleaner and smoother than what Bale was doing (especially by Rises). When I saw the trailer it seemed a pretty distinct difference to me.

Top Bottom