• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

Squire

Banned
18 issues into Uncanny X-Force. God, the Dark Angel was so good. I'm crushed, man, crushed. :'(

Finished Daredevil last week. Some contrived choices towards the end, but it's a phenomenal series overall.

Ty's posts are making me REALLY want to start Waid's series. I'm sure I'd love the tone.

18 issues into Uncanny X-Force. God, the Dark Angel was so good. I'm crushed, man, crushed. :'(

Finished Daredevil last week. Some contrived choices towards the end, but it's a phenomenal series overall.

Ty's posts are making me REALLY want to start Waid's series. I'm sure I'd love the tone.

Yeah, the first half of Uncanny X-Force is dope. The second half isn't as good, but the final arc is great IMO.

And WaidDevil is seriously fantastic. As much as I enjoyed the Bendis run, this one let Matt finally have some small victories and it's just perfect. Got nothing bad to say about it.

Tizoc

I will also accept this answer.

You DID see her fatility riiiiiiiiiiiiight?

Annihilator is just great comics. I'm definitely double-dipping for the trade.

....fuck....did the comic finish? I must've forgotten about it when Nameless got released DX.

Also I just found out about this, will likely pre-order it for next month
61L1d03nTXL.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1933865318/?tag=neogaf0e-20

So I read Multiversity this morning which was awesome. Here at work I just read half of The Just on my break before I had to go back and so far was so much better. Every Multiversity book has been fantastic to go back on now that we know what Ultra Comics is.

Messi

Freeza's avatar kills me every time I see it. It stops me scrolling. Dat Marion love.
I want more Ally and Marion sex business. But I don't see that happening

So I read Multiversity this morning which was awesome. Here at work I just read half of The Just on my break before I had to go back and so far was so much better. Every Multiversity book has been fantastic to go back on now that we know what Ultra Comics is.

I feel like I'll re-read end of this week, in the leadup to next week's finale...sorta did that with Green Lantern for the end of Johns' run. Stared at my GL bookshelves and read his entire run (including GLC/NG and RL from New 52) in about 2 weeks. I was drained but worth it.

Also...my friend just joined GAF and he's really into webcomics and wants to make a thread for them...

1) Do we have one already, squirrelled away somewhere?

2) Do people think this would be a good idea for those who enjoy them?

tim1138

I started yesterday and am up to Pax, this will probably be my 5th or 6th read of that one issue.

I feel like I'll re-read end of this week, in the leadup to next week's finale...sorta did that with Green Lantern for the end of Johns' run. Stared at my GL bookshelves and read his entire run (including GLC/NG and RL from New 52) in about 2 weeks. I was drained but worth it.

Also...my friend just joined GAF and he's really into webcomics and wants to make a thread for them...

1) Dunno, check the search function in OT and Community OT

2) Could be. Could turn into a shitshow. As per usual.

3) How just is "just?" Because Junior Members can't make threads.

4) All y'all should be reading The Non-Adventures of Wonderella, if you're not already doing so.

He won't be able to make thread for at least three months if he just got approved. To become a member you need 300 posts and need to survive for three months.

Not sure if we have a thread already but I know there's a thread for Homestuck. Tizoc occasionally posts about webcomics here too.

Squire

Banned
Oh WOW.

So, I'm taking a break from UXF to get back to Uncanny X-Men and in the issue I'm reading
the damage Dark Beast did to Montana using the World during the Dark Angel Saga
is still in effect.

That is so cool!

He won't be able to make thread for at least three months if he just got approved. To become a member you need 300 posts and need to survive for three months.

Not sure if we have a thread already but I know there's a thread for Homestuck. Tizoc occasionally posts about webcomics here too.

1) Dunno, check the search function in OT and Community OT

2) Could be. Could turn into a shitshow. As per usual.

3) How just is "just?" Because Junior Members can't make threads.

4) All y'all should be reading The Non-Adventures of Wonderella, if you're not already doing so.

Alright, thanks!

In my last message, I should have said I read Multiversity Society of Super Heros this morning which was awesome. Then I started The Just today. Read regular Multiversity last night. They all have been excellent.

I'm reading Multiversity now and then re-reading Endgame next. That's why I'm starting a little early.

She kicks him in the nuts and it doesn't phase him because he's Doc Samson and he has Hulk-like powers...everywhere aparently :p
I thought Samson got stronger the longer his hair was? I been outta the Hulk game for a loooooong time.
There are rumors about a Khamala Khan TV-Show o/

I doubt those are true. Not for a long time. There's no real source for it as far as I know. Plus, I don't think they'd do it before both Captain Marvel and Inhumans.

Leto Joker is scary as fuck. Need a better picture before I can say I prefer it to Ledger Joker but it's looking that way. Hoping they unleash it this friday as rumored.

Convergence: Nightwing and Oracle #1 was great. Loved the focus on the idea of what living trapped in a dome like that would do to people. The last two pages with that
Barbara/Oracle hype building
was great too.

Convergence: Nightwing and Oracle #1 was great. Loved the focus on the idea of what living trapped in a dome like that would do to people. The last two pages with that
Barbara/Oracle hype building
was great too.

Were you confused by
Starfire's appearance at all? Either she met Dick on the top of the building or she flew up there. I got the idea of the latter.
I'm probably just mistaken, though.

Were you confused by
Starfire's appearance at all? Either she met Dick on the top of the building or she flew up there. I got the idea of the latter.
I'm probably just mistaken, though.

It's not exactly telegraphed but,
Dick said he had some thinking to do. I just assumed Starfire found him. The City is only going to be so big, after all, and Dick looked to be up on top of one of the tallest buildings. She was obviously close enough to overhear what he was saying to Barbara through their communicator.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
UK right? Over here we get it on the 30th and we can even book ahead in advance!
I'm trying to get an off day on the 30th to try and catch a midnight showing D;
Yeah, europe gets the early treatment. Was about time, Guardians came over the ocean in like 1 1/2 months.

I have my tickets foe two weeks now, I was the first person who bought the tickets at my cinema :D

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Ooo, you going to a midnight showing too?
Na, 20:30 on thursday :D

I can be that the hours dont match exactly, I was a little bit lazy and wanted to put the Zelda reference in it :D

But Internet blackout from wednesday evening for me since then there are people out there who saw the movie^^

Na, 20:30 on thursday :D

I can be that the hours dont match exactly, I was a little bit lazy and wanted to put the Zelda reference in it :D

But Internet blackout from wednesday evening for me since then there are people out there who saw the movie^^

Nice! Going to a midnight performance on Wednesday @ Empire Sutton with some friends.

Heh, I'd go blackout from now actually. There are plenty of spoilers abound and some people are claiming a lot in regards to credits scenes...but GAF seems pretty good about that :)

It's not exactly telegraphed but,
Dick said he had some thinking to do. I just assumed Starfire found him. The City is only going to be so big, after all, and Dick looked to be up on top of one of the tallest buildings. She was obviously close enough to overhear what he was saying to Barbara through their communicator.

But that makes even less sense because then
that would be one long-ass walk. How long was Dick waiting there at that point? I would assume Starfire and him had like, an appointment and Dick made an excuse. It's pretty clear that he's cheating on Babs.

Top Bottom