• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Is this not in the classics forum? Because it should be. What a thread.
SlgwXaz.gif

As I said.

Edit : ugh. It's grimdark Harley and the squad no thanks. It's just her suicide squad outfit with a t-shirt instead of the corset lol.

I don't get why you say she's grimdark during that run. I mean, she's not as fun as King Shark, but then again, who is? I liked New 52 Suicide Squad. New Suicide Squad, tho...well that's garbage.

Also, the corset is what made that outfit as garbage as it was. Just switching that out makes it better.

Messi

I don't get why you say she's grimdark during that run. I mean, she's not as fun as King Shark, but then again, who is? I liked New 52 Suicide Squad. New Suicide Squad, tho...well that's garbage.

Also, the corset is what made that outfit as garbage as it was. Just switching that out makes it better.

Because she is incredibly violent for the sake of being violent. It's not the version I like of her and thought all of both series were dreadful.

Just finally finished Superior Spider-Man. I really liked it. Although,
it's disappointing that Doc Ock never got to truly redeem himself, and that the only way they could do it was by making Peter take back over. Which is a powerful scene, mind you, and I liked it regardless. Just kind of wish we would have had Doc learn to pull his head out of his ass, rather than just handing it over to Parker.

That is all.
Because she is incredibly violent for the sake of being violent. It's not the version I like of her and thought all of both series were dreadful.

Yeah, that scene with her and Deadshot and Joker's face....gross

I thought it was fun, though. Good action. That's all I was really looking for. I keep meaning to look into the older stuff. Any runs on it you'd recommend?

I thought the first issue was real bad and the second issue showed good promise and then the massive break has killed the little hype it had built up for me.

Yeah, I don't even care anymore. I'm happy so many books are ending so I can load up on Star Wars titles. I'll probably just trade-wait the minis and buy the ongoings.

Messi

Yeah, I don't even care anymore. I'm happy so many books are ending so I can load up on Star Wars titles. I'll probably just trade-wait the minis and buy the ongoings.

Freeza pls, I don't like this new carefree attitude. you were meant to be the hopeful one :(. Dont let Kipper win.

Thors #2 and Age of Ultron vs. Marvel Zombies #2.

Man, I am skipping the fuck out of both those books. Witch Hunter Angela, Planet Hulks, and MODOK Assassin are the only ones I care about.

Freeza pls, I don't like this new carefree attitude. you were meant to be the hopeful one :(. Dont let Kipper win.

I am hopeful, Messi. I'm just going to call a shitty book a shitty book from here on.

There's an, um, very interesting spoiler circulating for ANXM #40.

Teen Iceman is gay. No, it's not explained why his adult counterpart isn't, though Bendis does make a point of bringing it up.

I'm for it in theory, but the execution remains to be seen.

Zombine

Banned

Teen Iceman is gay. No, it's not explained why his adult counterpart isn't, though Bendis does make a point of bringing it up.

I feel like this makes him Bi.

Bendis trying to pander, no doubt.

Zombine

Banned
who gives a fuck

was
bobby being straight
this important a part of X-Men canon? seriously?

if it turns out to be true, hecks yeah I'm all for it

e:

GOD DAMNIT

FUCKING XMEN

SERIOUS GOD DAMN BUSINESS

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKK

4b8f3d5b-64eb-476c-80f7-d0ce4be17ab60.jpg

GOD DAMN YOU FREEEEE ZAAAAAAGG-G-GGGGGAAHHHHHHH SHIT

NexusCell

Oh my fucking god I just saw the page where this happens. It's so fucking hilariously bad that I can't even fully comprehend how Bendis could possibly think this was a good idea at all.

Should I post the page? I really want to post the page.

ElNarez

Banned
how does that even fucking work,
like, I get sexual orientation is fluid and all that, but how does Bobby go from full-on completely and totally absolutely gay to somewhat straight?

someone's gonna need to send me some spoilers because I need to see it in full so I can grasp it

who gives a fuck

was
bobby being straight
this important a part of X-Men canon? seriously?

if it turns out to be true, hecks yeah I'm all for it

e:

GOD DAMNIT

The only thing I can figure, if this is true, is that the
X-Men that Henry pulled out of the past were the younger X-Men of a different reality
. Then it would fit.
And allow for one Iceman to be gay, and one to be straight

^^Nexus take image out right now what are you doing we have a rule

X-Men that Henry pulled out of the past were the younger X-Men of a different reality
. Then it would fit.

I hope that's the twist, because otherwise, Bendis fucked up big time.

Oh my fucking god I just saw the page where this happens. It's so fucking hilariously bad that I can't even fully comprehend how Bendis could possibly think this was a good idea at all.

Should I post the page? I really want to post the page.
Definitely not; if folks want to see it, then they probably already know where they can go.

EDIT: Darn, too late.

Oh lawd.

It's even better than i expected. And by better i mean worse.

. Then it would fit.

That always had to be the case, due to the way marvel timetravel etc etc.

ElNarez

Banned
FUCKING XMEN

SERIOUS GOD DAMN BUSINESS

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKK

GOD DAMN YOU FREEEEE ZAAAAAAGG-G-GGGGGAAHHHHHHH SHIT

It's not the minute changes to X-Men canon, it's the outright dismissal of the possibility of
Bobby being bisexual
that gets at me, for the pretty obvious reason that I'm bisexual.

2. Direct posting of full-page images from newly released comics using the tags is strictly prohibited, and outgoing links to such should be accompanied by the appropriate spoiler warnings.
3. Direct posting of images or spoilers from comics that have yet to be released is strictly prohibited, and outgoing links to such should be accompanied by the appropriate spoiler warnings.[/quote]

Nexus, come on.

Owzers

I just don't care about all this superhero jibba-jabba no mo'. Especially with almost everything at $3.99. There aren't a lot of books I'm willing to pay that price for. Image is exempt from this statement.

Marvel Unlimited for them all Secret Wars tie-ins. Do ittttt.

Top Bottom