• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| April 2017 - Now Featuring Superstar Artist Brett Booth - APRIL FOALS!

MG310

Oh we have a Hanzo... Someone pick a Widowmaker wouldn't want to miss out on both shit characters. Fuck this game.

A early Widow usually sets off the Hanzo-Ana pick chain and then the wait to see who breaks first and switches.

What is Lenticular? Like the Futures End variants?

One example:

190240_1060279_1.gif

shingi70

Banned
Have been letting my issues or Wonder Woman back up, and just start e the other #15. Really enjoying it, and I'm thinking I'm enjoying the past stuff with Bilquis Evely more, but the Liam Sharpe stuff has really come into its own in art and terms of story. My. Guess it's going to read much better collected.

Fantastic

Cheers for the quick response dude, so quick I missed it earlier. Turns out it's actually out of stock from both the places I normally buy as well, but I'll take note. I always wanted to check it out when it was a Radical book but it was impossible to fine. What's with this book and availability.

Cheers for the quick response dude, so quick I missed it earlier. Turns out it's actually out of stock from both the places I normally buy as well, but I'll take note. I always wanted to check it out when it was a Radical book but it was impossible to fine. What's with this book and availability.

It wasn't too long ago that it got a reprint. Most likely because Greg Tocchini got pretty popular when he started doing Low.

Walking Dead #166 tho

Goddammit Rick
why you gotta be so naive? Should have just let Dwight handle it. He knew those people were crazy. Rick needs to run out of that room screaming "shoot those fucks!!!!". And damn, I thought Andrea getting bitten was a fake out but she looks pretty screwed. Maybe she is just tired? I don't see Kirkman doing all this just to be like SIKE.

Spider-Man #15 was a really good read. I love how Bendis writes the dynamic between Miles and his father.
And them coming clean to his mom was some pretty heavy stuff.
Looks like Bendis is also finally creating a new villain so this next arc should be interesting.

LOL at the origin of the villain in the newest Cyborg issue. The dude
learned how to code in 8 bit with a gameboy and created his own dimension. Like, there's no supernatural twist or alien technology, he literally learned how to code in 8 bit more adeptly than modern programming and got magic 8 bit hacking powers.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I actually bought the special edition of the game just so I could get the CD with that song on it.
The one that looks like a book and has actual book inside? Got that one, too :D

I hope something comes around after Phil Fishers visit at Remedy.
Then again, Alan Wake 2 will most likely the next shitty Open World game of this gen.
But never something will take my memory of the one chapter in this game where you had to hike to mountain at night.

mreddie

Royals was dope but I swear that ending is cliche as fuck because it happened in another comic months ago.

Uncanny Avengers, Duggans 2nd to last issue and it feels like the last but then two pages later, we have that loose end to fix.

Nova: WHERE WAS THIS SHIT DURING THE LAST RUN?

Avengers: Thank fuck the Kang War is done. It's funny how Kang kind a fucked up at the end.

America: Yeah...this feels like fanfic. Yeah, if this book gets canned, it won't be because DIVERSE DOESN'T SELL, it's because this is shit. And yet, I want to keep supporting this book.

I hope something comes around after Phil Fishers visit at Remedy..

This made me laugh more than it should of. I can only imagine some hideous amalgamation of Phil Spencer and Phil Fish in Japan simultaneously asking for games, and telling the devs Japanese games are shit.

America: Yeah...this feels like fanfic. Yeah, if this book gets canned, it won't be because DIVERSE DOESN'T SELL, it's because this is shit. And yet, I want to keep supporting this book.

#1 made me want to never buy another issue. I really like the character, but this book is pretty bad.

skybald

Walking Dead #166 tho

Goddammit Rick
why you gotta be so naive? Should have just let Dwight handle it. He knew those people were crazy. Rick needs to run out of that room screaming "shoot those fucks!!!!". And damn, I thought Andrea getting bitten was a fake out but she looks pretty screwed. Maybe she is just tired? I don't see Kirkman doing all this just to be like SIKE.

And of course he would never do that. He will bring all of them into the hall and sit back behind the table and more of his people will die.

Also Rick is stupid as hell for shunning the Saviors like that Of course he trusted Dwight, but come on, for 3 years Dwight never showed a lack of interest in leading?

I really liked the issue personally. We tend to have the opposite view on books lol.

I don't recall agreeing with you on anything specific, but I will here. This was a REALLY good book.

anybody that says "this is terrible" is crazy, flat out.

X-Men Gold #1 was one of the worst comics I've ever read in my life.

The art, already bad, somehow collapses halfway through.

Old Man Logan actually refers to something as "GOLD". THAT FUCKING HAPPENED.

Kitty spits out, pointlessly, two X-Men catchphrases on two separate occasions.

Kitty PUBLICALLY APOLOGIZES FOR MUTANTS BEING BAD AND PLEDGES TO DO BETTER.

They fight Terrax, barely.

A new Brotherhood of Evil Mutants populated mostly by nobodies appears.

Prestige is a horrifically pointless and tasteless erasure of the past of what is basically a mutant holocaust survivor and it is perpetrated and engineered by Kitty WHO IS JEWISH.

NOBODY ASKED FOR THIS.
EVERYBODY GOT IT ANYWAY.

#1) yeah, and...? In context the discussion about normalcy was perfectly fine.

#2) "pointlessly"= long running historical reference with the franchise. Kitty has taken over for Xavier and is acting the part. The (once) youngest student is now the master. Fitting.

#3) Terrax is the only thing that doesn't make sense. He's in space in Thanos' series right now. Has no business being on earth.

#4) Mostly by nobodies? What?
Pyro and Avalanche are both classic, long time members of the brotherhood. I assume the flaming woman is Magma, former new mutant. Dude in the hood is Masque, long time series nemesis for the Xmen.
The green gentleman I don't recognize.

really, if marvel was looking to bring fans back into the fold who had tuned out of Xmen over the past decade or so of missteps, this is a great start to do so. Sorry Ben.

I got tasked with reviewing Wartiles for the site I write for. Pretty refreshing after my last article was about Iron Fist on Netflix. I think my editor wanted to apologize for making me sit through that show lol

Sandfox

I don't recall agreeing with you on anything specific, but I will here. This was a REALLY good book.

anybody that says "this is terrible" is crazy, flat out.

#1) yeah, and...? In context the discussion about normalcy was perfectly fine.

#2) "pointlessly"= long running historical reference with the franchise. Kitty has taken over for Xavier and is acting the part. The (once) youngest student is now the master. Fitting.

#3) Terrax is the only thing that doesn't make sense. He's in space in Thanos' series right now. Has no business being on earth.

#4) Mostly by nobodies? What?
Pyro and Avalanche are both classic, long time members of the brotherhood. I assume the flaming woman is Magma, former new mutant. Dude in the hood is Masque, long time series nemesis for the Xmen.
The green gentleman I don't recognize.

really, if marvel was looking to bring fans back into the fold who had tuned out of Xmen over the past decade or so of missteps, this is a great start to do so. Sorry Ben.
This is the first time I've seen Marvel apologize to fans like that and it was cool to see.

The Pyro and Avalanche we saw are new people taking up the mantle since the originals are dead.

Are there any other writers as continuity heavy as Al Ewing is at Marvel right now? The last big ones were Carey and Claremont. Maybe Hickman? Could really use more writers like them, but those are a dime a dozen.
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
You've set the bar too high now.
Non-lenticular cover to The Flash #22 by Fabok:

And the Howard Porter variant for good measure
Jay Garrick about to smack a bitch

LOL at the origin of the villain in the newest Cyborg issue. The dude
learned how to code in 8 bit with a gameboy and created his own dimension. Like, there's no supernatural twist or alien technology, he literally learned how to code in 8 bit more adeptly than modern programming and got magic 8 bit hacking powers.
That's either amazing or horrible

Man I've bought a lot of manga this week. Started with that Viz CMX sale then escalated to IST orders

Dang that OT thread and sales. But I've worked off a lot of my wishlist. Now to find time to read it.

Man I've bought a lot of manga this week. Started with that Viz CMX sale then escalated to IST orders

There's so much manga out there. I don't really keep up with a lot of them, but I've really been enjoying My Hero Academia and Tokyo Ghoul.
I also buy every volume of Prison School

Sandfox

Are there any other writers as continuity heavy as Al Ewing is at Marvel right now? The last big ones were Carey and Claremont. Maybe Hickman? Could really use more writers like them, but those are a dime a dozen.

You've set the bar too high now.

Jay Garrick about to smack a bitch

That's either amazing or horrible
I didn't mean to do that lol.

This is the first time I've seen Marvel apologize to fans like that and it was cool to see.

The Pyro and Avalanche we saw are new people taking up the mantle since the originals are dead.

are they? have they already been introduced elsewhere, since I missed that.

Secret Wars means all bets are off re: who is dead and who isn't. Isn't Doc Samson walking around again with no explanation?

DCBS updated. They added the Stanley Lau Death statue, Amanda Conner B&W Harley Quinn, Amanda Conner B&W Batman, and the Harley's Holiday statue. The latter is $187, which is cheaper than I thought since it lists for $275.

Sandfox

are they? have they already been introduced elsewhere, since I missed that.

Secret Wars means all bets are off re: who is dead and who isn't. Isn't Doc Samson walking around again with no explanation?
This is the first time we've seen Pyro and Avalanche since.

The Sampson thing was Bendis being Bendis.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

Dang that OT thread and sales. But I've worked off a lot of my wishlist. Now to find time to read it.

Thanks, didn't know that was a thing. Got the rest of My Hero Academia, and the first JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, because why not.

This is the first time we've seen Pyro and Avalanche since.

The Sampson thing was Bendis being Bendis.

I guess we'll have to wait until issue #2 to see what route they go with it.

Though I will admit putting pyro on a team with someone who can generate flame natively is pretty much a "why doesn't this happen all the time" move.

Messi

DCBS updated. They added the Stanley Lau Death statue, Amanda Conner B&W Harley Quinn, Amanda Conner B&W Batman, and the Harley's Holiday statue. The latter is $187, which is cheaper than I thought since it lists for $275.

Bought the Amanda stuff and Death. I'll consider holiday Harley. Unsure about the face and the space to display.

Bought the Amanda stuff and Death. I'll consider holiday Harley. Unsure about the face and the space to display.

It looks like it's about 10" wide, considering it's listed as 9/75" in height. Don't know how deep it is, though. It would probably eat up an entire detolf shelf on its own, but I don't know if I would risk it until you can feel how heavy it actually is.

Top Bottom