• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| April 2017 - Now Featuring Superstar Artist Brett Booth - APRIL FOALS!

tim1138

Now I understand the creative teams picking the trim size and the style of paper stock, but why the binding? Every book should have a sewn binding and variations in that are not good.

Because the creative teams pay for hardcover releases and have total control over the finished product.

This is a good cover(July's Bombshell):
bombshells-ch-95sfurx.jpg

About to start in at #3 and #4 of Black Monday Murders. I read for quite a decent portion of the evening last night and only made it half way through the trade, I must have spent a good 5 minutes pouring over some pages then rifling back to others. Pretty crazy, I can't think of the last time I didn't sit down and finish a trade in an evening I'd put aside, and not for lack of interest.

Shade

I really liked this issue a lot but the end with Teacup seemed strange and was infuriating.
I realize I skipped this, but I remembered it and wanted to ask: what do you mean by 'strange'?
That Teacup would do that? Because I buy it. We see that she is very easily manipulated. She was terrified of Shade's body's former resident. She's even shown to be manipulated and pushed around by the rest of the swim team. She doesn't fit in anywhere, and I think even though she knows that Shade is actually a different person, she's still scared. She's still easily manipulated, because she's easily scared. From what we've seen, she pretty much tries to mind her own business, because otherwise she gets picked on. Pushed around. All that shit. It's certainly infuriating. I mean, we see what Shade's going through, and this issue really cements that, so to see her humiliated so openly with the assistance of one of two people that she's managed to connect with. Note: Teacup didn't actually do it. She helped, but she didn't actually participate. River knew nothing about it.

Finished up TBMM. Damn, Hickman is a talented, talented storyteller and between the whole team, they really tell the story in a manner I'd be hard pressed to imagine told in anything other than a comic book. Great stuff.

I guess the next step in the story I'm asking myself about is where is Wynn Ackermann? His diary excerpts and actions do not strike me as a character who would willingly step off the board, unless something extreme happened in the time that passed since 89.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Wow, Big Trouble in Little China Escape From New York might be the worst comic I've ever read.

Damn my love for Kurt Russell and those movies.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I am legit surprised that Jesus is such a integral part of Earth 616 that he is connected to Asgard, the Ghost Rider, Doc Doom and the Fantastic Four...

Man, I had no idea the creative teams pay for the releases at Image. That's crazy.

This was ages ago and not Image, but I remember Mike Carey speaking about the mechanics at Vertigo quite in depth, regarding the unwritten and why their Vertigo trades were nicer than others, nice paper stocks etc., it was interesting stuff. It boiled down to the team agreeing to see less of the end total of sales in order to facilitate nicer collections.

I'm glad they're making those. They've spoke about them quite lightly over the last year or so, that they had planned the trades in units of three in case they wanted to do HCs, but Abe always seemed slightly less of a sure thing than the Hell Of Earth HCs. They've spoke about those quite openly since the beginning of Hell On Earth. Gorgeous covers, love the consistent trade dress etc.

Great series too, a good preview of what's to come in BPRD this year. The Fiumara bros art in incredible, I hope they join Lawrence Campbell if Harren is assumedly not coming back.

I wonder if they will HC Lobster and Witchfinder eventually. As mentioned, that's why they trying to keep series divisible by three as a long term plan, and Imo they should HC, but if they were unsure on Abe for a time. If it's not part of the core story, they seem less confident.

shingi70

Banned
Hmmm

Are we talking classic "Titans=serious melodrama, YJ=fun nonsense" teams? If so, definitely YJ. Half the appeal to Jaime is the lack of unnecessary drama in his stories. Plus, TT is being written by Percy right now and he is NOT doing a great job of it.

Yo don't like teen Titans. I thought the issue after the first arc was pretty breezy.

Top Bottom