• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| April 2017 - Now Featuring Superstar Artist Brett Booth - APRIL FOALS!

Vic_Viper

Just got my Velvet "Deluxe" HC and im pretty disappointed in the size. Image went with the same size as the East of West Year 1 and 2 HCs instead of the larger Deadly Class edition. Thought for sure Velvet would be given the same size treatment as Deadly Class. Hope they dont end up releasing a larger edition later on lol.

Anyone know what Image/InStockTrades call the 2 different sized HCs so I know next time?

tim1138

Just got my Velvet "Deluxe" HC and im pretty disappointed in the size. Image went with the same size as the East of West Year 1 and 2 HCs instead of the larger Deadly Class edition. Thought for sure Velvet would be given the same size treatment as Deadly Class. Hope they dont end up releasing a larger edition later on lol.

Anyone know what Image/InStockTrades call the 2 different sized HCs so I know next time?

Just a heads up, Image has nothing to do with decisions regarding trim size, paper quality, binding, etc.. That's all up to the creative teams for the respective book.

caliph95

CAPASR2016018_MaryJaneVar_LR.JPG
MJPOOL_COVER_JPG.JPG
MightThor_20_preview.jpg

I don't think they really differentiate those all the same way. Sometimes they call them "Premiere HC" and sometimes "Year One". But I think both, Black Science and Wicked + Divine got the larger format you're referring to. Personally I prefer the smaller deluxe hardcovers because sometimes the bindings on the larger volumes can be crappy.

That issue came out less than a week after the inauguration and I don't think thing the creative team is magic. People are just seeing what they want to see with the Trump connection. Also, I don't see how Secret Wars was bright.

The issue came out less than a week after the inauguration.

So which do you think was a big mystery to Marvel for weeks. The date the book was supposed to come out. (Spoiler: NO.) The date of the inauguration. (Spoiler: NO.)

Did they know who was going to be inaugurated? No. But to say there was no thought put into aligning those two things is BEYOND LAUGHABLE.

They had the head of SHIELD inaugurated on the steps of the Capitol LIKE THE PRESIDENT.

Come on, dude. We may disagree a LOT but I don't think you're stupid.

dan2026

Is there a reason behind all these MJ variants all of a sudden?

Is something of note happening with her in the comics?
Somehow I doubt she is getting her husband or her baby back.

Messi

Just a heads up, Image has nothing to do with decisions regarding trim size, paper quality, binding, etc.. That's all up to the creative teams for the respective book.

Also it's pretty much only Remender who goes absolute sized as he is a madman. Last Days of American Crime is also absolute style.

GAMEPROFF

Banned

So which do you think was a big mystery to Marvel for weeks. The date the book was supposed to come out. (Spoiler: NO.) The date of the inauguration. (Spoiler: NO.)

Did they know who was going to be inaugurated? No. But to say there was no thought put into aligning those two things is BEYOND LAUGHABLE.

They had the head of SHIELD inaugurated on the steps of the Capitol LIKE THE PRESIDENT.

Yeah, that confused the hell out of me. I thought that Cap is now the Führer of America, which he seemingly is not. Also, why is every SHIELD hellicarrier now flying around with a Hydra Logo and Steves stupid new costume? When I would be infiltrating the government, I would be more subtle

Sandfox

There's a difference between calling it a reenactment of the Trump inauguration, and saying they were aligned.

Is there a reason behind all these MJ variants all of a sudden?

Is something of note happening with her in the comics?
Somehow I doubt she is getting her husband or her baby back.
The new book.

Yeah, that confused the hell out of me. I thought that Cap is now the Führer of America, which he seemingly is not. Also, why is every SHIELD hellicarrier now flying around with a Hydra Logo and Steves stupid new costume? When I would be infiltrating the government, I would be more subtle
That stuff is supposed to be in the future after he succeeded.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
"YES! We know each other. He's a friend from work."

So are they dipping into some Planet Hulk stuff here? God damn I would love a Planet Hulk movie. Best Hulk story ever.

Yep. Its going to be Simmonson Thor meets Planet Hulk. To bad that Universal has the Hulk rights, I would have loved to seen the Worldbreaker and the Warbound.

mreddie

184 Unstoppable Wasp 3 12,324

68ea9a69dba3765d4caf78d371babf51.gif

No Danger Zone since almost half the books are getting axed to make room for the Empire bullshit or Cyborg.

What issue does Simonson's Thor run start? will probably resubscribe to Marvel unlimited after I get paid this week to read it, especiall after how hype the Thor trailer was.

Thor #337 - #382

There are four issues of Balder the Brave too. Maybe someone who has the omnibus can post the TOC so that you know where those fit.

I don't think DC has a real "danger zone" for their Rebirth books aside from making them monthly. Cyborg and Beetle will probably get 3/4 volumes and then end with Beetle joining a team or other book.

VanWinkle

Now I understand the creative teams picking the trim size and the style of paper stock, but why the binding? Every book should have a sewn binding and variations in that are not good.

Teen Titans or Young Justice. Which team do you want him on?
Hmmm

Are we talking classic "Titans=serious melodrama, YJ=fun nonsense" teams? If so, definitely YJ. Half the appeal to Jaime is the lack of unnecessary drama in his stories. Plus, TT is being written by Percy right now and he is NOT doing a great job of it.

Top Bottom