• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| April 2017 - Now Featuring Superstar Artist Brett Booth - APRIL FOALS!

MU always seemed like a good idea to me but every time I got it I forgot I had it after a while and kept paying for it even though I wasn't using it. Least with trades they sit on my shelf judging me until I read them.

Just like those Mignola trades. They're asking "Hagi, why haven't you done more to catch up for the new BPRD series starting in July?". Did you see the Abe HC news yesterday btw?

Anyway bout time I was giving Miles a round. A while back I had gotten a small lego set that was him vs Carnage, and I thought his suit look pretty cool.

Haha that's a neat little set, I'm sure I got that one awhile back for the boy.

Sandfox

More Edge of the Venomverse stuff:
eovenom2017002-cov-989694.jpg

eovenom2017003-cov-989695.jpg

The Gwenpool story is from Hastings and Irene Strychalski while the Ghost Rider one is Spurrier and Tigh Walker.

http://comicbook.com/2017/04/11/edge-of-venomverse-ghost-rider-gwenpool/1

Hagi

Just like those Mignola trades. They're asking "Hagi, why haven't you done more to catch up for the new BPRD series starting in July?". Did you see the Abe HC news yesterday btw?.

It's funny because it's true. Are they giving Abe the library collection treatment? I've always wanted to read his series.

I'm still at 3 for both Hellboy and BRPD. Looks like I'm going to have to get the paperback for volume 4 of BRPD doubtful I'll be as lucky to find the HC randomly in Glasgow like I did 3. I'm going to buy the rest of the Hellboy Library Editions over the coming months so I'm ready for Hellboy in Hell in October.

This is the first I heard they were from a difference universe. Makes sense, I guess?

They weren't before secret wars. The O5 were from the past of Universe 7.

Universe 8 has a different history rewritten by molecule man/Reed/Franklin which put the Xmen back where they were supposed to be within the timeline, while the O5 remained wandering around in the present as time displaced duplicates.

Similar things have happened to refugees of Secret Wars timelines that don't exist anymore, like Captain America 2099 and Iron Man 2099.

They're refugees of continuities that no longer exist.

It's funny because it's true. Are they giving Abe the library collection treatment? I've always wanted to read his series.

I'm still at 3 for both Hellboy and BRPD. Looks like I'm going to have to get the paperback for volume 4 of BRPD doubtful I'll be as lucky to find the HC randomly in Glasgow like I did 3. I'm going to buy the rest of the Hellboy Library Editions over the coming months so I'm ready for Hellboy in Hell in October.

Yea man. Well, more like the BPRD books than the HB library edition. I think it's the In Hell library edition around October, then the first Hell On Earth omni & the first Abe omni around Nov-Dec time. Not too sure on the dates, but I think they're out there.

:( That sucks having to switch over to softcover, I didn't realise it was so difficult to get the HCs now, were you planning to hold out for the HoE HCs too, or switch over to the regular trades?

These will be awesome.

Rage Against the Jackal #2 comes out tomorrow

Its about a superpower woman hired out to kill a genius anarchist

but really, its about me trying to make enough money pay my taxes /peterdavid

here is one of my favorite pages from it

CBR'S 15 Underrated Creators.

15. RICH TOMMASO
14. JULIA GFRÖER
13. KELLY THOMPSON
12. FAITH ERIN HICKS
11. LESLIE HUNG
10. CECIL CASTELLUCCI
9. MARLEY ZARCONE
8. MARIKO TAMAKI
7. JOE QUINONES
6. CHYNNA CLUGSTON FLORES
5. DOC SHANER
4. HOPE LARSON
3. RAMON VILLALOBOS
2. AL EWING
1. JAMES STOKOE
Not sure why Al Ewing, Shaner, or Quinones are on this list

They all have been working on Big 2 comics for a while and have been part of higher profile books. Pretty solid list overall I think in terms of which artists deserve greater recognition

Messi

Not sure why Al Ewing, Shaner, or Quinones are on this list

They all have been working on Big 2 comics for a while and have been part of higher profile books. Pretty solid list overall I think in terms of which artists deserve greater recognition

I was confused by Quinones myself

Hagi

Yea man. Well, more like the BPRD books than the HB library edition. I think it's the In Hell library edition around October, then the first Hell On Earth omni & the first Abe omni around Nov-Dec time. Not too sure on the dates, but I think they're out there.

:( That sucks having to switch over to softcover, I didn't realise it was so difficult to get the HCs now, were you planning to hold out for the HoE HCs too, or switch over to the regular trades?

These will be awesome.

Yeah I wanted all of them in HC but I guess I got into the series too late and it doesn't look like they plan on reprinting any time soon. I'll just keep on buying the HC for hell on earth and abe, they look really nice next to the library editions when you take the dust covers off.

Abes so cool really looking forward to getting his book.

Yeah I wanted all of them in HC but I guess I got into the series too late and it doesn't look like they plan on reprinting any time soon. I'll just keep on buying the HC for hell on earth and abe, they look really nice next to the library editions when you take the dust covers off.

Abes so cool really looking forward to getting his book.

Damn. Keep an eye on ebay though, you never know. Someone will want rid of it one day and have no interest in what it is or how much it might be worth. Not sure if you're a member of the facebook omnibus group thing but folks trade that kind of thing regularly too.

Hagi

Damn. Keep an eye on ebay though, you never know. Someone will want rid of it one day and have no interest in what it is or how much it might be worth. Not sure if you're a member of the facebook omnibus group thing but folks trade that kind of thing regularly too.

I'll keep a lookout for sure, it's not going to bother me too much having one of them as paperback.
It will.

So far I'm keeping to not buying any Rebirth trades before the deluxe hardcovers come out. I've been super tempted a few times but so far so good.

15. RICH TOMMASO
14. JULIA GFRÖER
13. KELLY THOMPSON
12. FAITH ERIN HICKS
11. LESLIE HUNG
10. CECIL CASTELLUCCI
9. MARLEY ZARCONE
8. MARIKO TAMAKI
7. JOE QUINONES
5. DOC SHANER
4. HOPE LARSON
3. RAMON VILLALOBOS
2. AL EWING
1. JAMES STOKOE

That's a good list of people but idk what their metric for underrated is

I keep saying this with Low but well..

I need to pick up volume 4 and 5 for Deadly Class I'm so far behind on everything.

If you were enjoying them before, definitely keep on going, both have been great. Deadly Class has been on a pretty even keel of awesome, Imo Low (and Black Science for that matter) have just gotten better over time!

I've been enjoying Remender a lot lately though. I think Tokyo Ghost was the right one of his books to bow out, and the rest have been great, especially the last year of his work. I dug Seven To Eternity too.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

Vibranium

Banned

15. RICH TOMMASO
14. JULIA GFRÖER
13. KELLY THOMPSON
12. FAITH ERIN HICKS
11. LESLIE HUNG
10. CECIL CASTELLUCCI
9. MARLEY ZARCONE
8. MARIKO TAMAKI
7. JOE QUINONES
5. DOC SHANER
4. HOPE LARSON
3. RAMON VILLALOBOS
2. AL EWING
1. JAMES STOKOE

If Al Ewing is going to be on the list for some reason then Majorie Liu should be here.

Kssio_Aug

If no one answered you yet, that's just a title change.

It goes, Ultimate Spider-Man, Ultimate Comics Spider-Man, Ultimate Comics Spider-Man Volume 2, Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man, then Spider-Man.

It's not confusing at all.

They told me about the title change, but you were very helpful cause I was wondering if "Spider-Man" was a sequel to Ultimate Spider-Man and if it would come just after Miles Morales. Thank you!

Vic_Viper

How was Dan Scott's Spider-Verse and the Clone Conspiracy? Haven't read his Spider-man since Superior.

Looking to pick up where I left off, do I just start with Amazing Spider-man vol 3 until Secret Wars then ASM vol 4?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
How was Dan Scott's Spider-Verse and the Clone Conspiracy? Haven't read his Spider-man since Superior.

Looking to pick up where I left off, do I just start with Amazing Spider-man vol 3 until Secret Wars then ASM vol 4?
I loved both spiderverse and conspiracy

Kssio_Aug

I read and ended up getting the first tradeback of the Miles Morales run. I digging it a lot, and the art is really good. I can already see that it does go quite slowly, but still good stuff, and well going by the trades, I don't think it would be that big of a deal, instead of waiting by the issues.

Anyway bout time I was giving Miles a round. A while back I had gotten a small lego set that was him vs Carnage, and I thought his suit look pretty cool.

That's good to know! I've checked some samples and I really liked the art as well!

Sandfox

Not as good as the stuff that came before it, that doesn't mean you won't enjoy it. I would recommend starting off with vol. 3 like you said.

Vic_Viper

Are there any collected HCs of Slott's ASM? Doesn't seem to be a Omnibus, but I'd rather get the trades with 12 issues if possible anyway. The Clone Conspiracy trade just came out today, if I bought it and Spiderverse is there a trade out that goes in between?

PsychBat!

Banned

Before and after Spider-Verse of ASM Vol 3 isn't very good, imo.
Spider-Verse is all style and no substance, if you're a Spider-Fan then I recommend it.

Clone Conspiracy on the other hand is very rewarding and suspenseful, I strongly recommend it.

Sandfox

Are there any collected HCs of Slott's ASM? Doesn't seem to be a Omnibus, but I'd rather get the trades with 12 issues if possible anyway. The Clone Conspiracy trade just came out today, if I bought it and Spiderverse is there a trade out that goes in between?
There are, but the the second hc for the current run, which covers the clone conspiracy prelude isn't out for a few more months.

Ahahahahaha right

;)

I was ready to call it a quiet volume two thirds through, appropriately setting the table, introducing the new recruits...then the last two issues threw out any chance of a quiet volume.
YES. I cheered out loud when the van doors opened. That last fucking page!

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
All New Wolverine is so, so good.

Is Laura in X-Force now with this new suit? Love the new arc, reminds me of escape from New York

Top Bottom