• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| April 2017 - Now Featuring Superstar Artist Brett Booth - APRIL FOALS!

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Been sitting on a boatload of King's Batman. Reading 'I Am Suicide' and 'I Am Bane' arcs back to back was incredibly satisfying. I especially like how it's never afraid to poke fun at the idea of Batman beating people up every night.

Trying to clear out my backlog before tomorrow's pull list does its damage.

Finally some of the last marvel deep cuts on my wish list are coming out on CMX

Last week the really fun and charming book Sentinal came out. Most probably know him from avengers academy and that children murder mini. But the original series was the best

And now the long running....almost canceled several times Spider-girl is coming out. Good times

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Going to pick upa few volumes of Drifter soonish btw, if not the next order then definitely the one after. Do you still recommend?

Yes. Definitely. I've been more than satisfied with the answers we've been given so far in this last arc. Up to this point the series has been fairly mysterious kind of like "Lost"......In space. The art has been phenomenal throughout as well.

tim1138

Finally some of the last marvel deep cuts on my wish list are coming out on CMX

Last week the really fun and charming book Sentinal came out. Most probably know him from avengers academy and that children murder mini. But the original series was the best

And now the long running....almost canceled several times Spider-girl is coming out. Good times

Spider-Girl is probably my favorite Spider family book of all time, it makes me happy to see other people here like it.

shingi70

Banned
Everybody talking about Bug and Mike Allred had a new joint announced.

Batman 66 meets the legion of superheroes

tumblr_oo9fb5R5cu1qhuyzgo6_1280.jpg

Lifeline

X-Men Blue Spoiler/Question

So do we know which wolverine this is? if it's past wolverine, or Ultimate wolverine or some other wolverine?

Anyone else check out Royal City #1? Man, it just seeps sadness. I don't mind sad. Sweet tooth was hella sad. But it's possible this will test how much sad I can enjoy. Do I ever love the art, though. I know Lemire's art is divisive, but I truly love it. How he draws people and places. The colouring. And I'm certainly intrigued to see what happens next with the story. Happy to have more Lemire solo work. But, yeah... also, sad.

Anyone else check out Royal City #1? Man, it just seeps sadness. I don't mind sad. Sweet tooth was hella sad. But it's possible this will test how much sad I can enjoy. Do I ever love the art, though. I know Lemire's art is divisive, but I truly love it. How he draws people and places. The colouring. And I'm certainly intrigued to see what happens next with the story. Happy to have more Lemire solo work. But, yeah... sad.

Funny you should say that, I passed on it because it looked so heavy

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Weird, the day after I made my order everything but volume 6 of East of West had been sorted. That still hasn't been sorted, I wonder if it's out of stock and it just didn't say so when I made my order.

Yeah, Knightfall really stands up well because for most of the run it's a sort of low-grade deconstruction of a lot of the tropes the 90s ended up overindulging in. Plus, that first volume is the original Bane story that's been aped an ungodly number of times, generally to worse results. Shit works.

Nice!

I went to the Newbury near my work on my break on a lark to see if they had any sales or if I missed a new release I forgot about and to my surprise I managed to find Vol 2 and 3 of The Life After on clearance! Because Oni Press stuff is generally limited on places like InStockTrades I hadn't been able to find either volume for a good price anywhere. But I can finally catch up (sorta) on it now.

Just put another order thru on InStock as well, grabbing Black Monday Murders 1, Faster Than Light 2, Nameless 1, Providence HC1, Saga 7 and Welcome Back 2.

Who all wrote Knightfall? I read it at a time when I didn't really pay attention to the creators...

Do all the series in the event hold up or just a few?

X-Men Blue Spoiler/Question

So do we know which wolverine this is? if it's past wolverine, or Ultimate wolverine or some other wolverine?
I think
it's supposed to be Jimmy Howlett, the son of Ultimate Logan. I haven't reas it yet, but I remember that being said.
I think someone said that it is a fake made by a fan, not what will be used in the film. It does look great though, although so did his Civil War costume.
HAIL
TO
THE
KING

Had to ask for a refund of my DC One Million omnibus order because it's been a month since I've ordered it and it's still not hear. A shame.

Megatron

Who all wrote Knightfall? I read it at a time when I didn't really pay attention to the creators...

Do all the series in the event hold up or just a few?

Mostly Chuck Dickson as I recall. my favorite parts are after knightfall. I like the saga of Bruce getting back to Batman shape, and Dick becoming Batman.

jurgen

I think
it's supposed to be Jimmy Howlett, the son of Ultimate Logan. I haven't reas it yet, but I remember that being said.

It's likely considering Bunn wrote his mini back in the day.

And because we need more
Wolverine's
descendants running around...

It's likely considering Bunn wrote his mini back in the day.

And because we need more
Wolverine's
descendants running around...

Like I said, I didn't read any of that, so I have no leg to stand on, but I agree with not being a fan of
yet another Wolverine running around. Like, shit, I know no one wants him, but use Daken. He does exist, I'm sure someone can write an interesting arc around him and develop him. Do we need another Wolverine, never mind ANOTHER Ultimate leftover? If you're gonna push Laura as Logan's successor, then LET HER FUCKING BE HIS SUCCESSOR. If you want to write a story involving Logan's child and living up to his father's name then WRITE A DAMN STORY ABOUT HIS ONLY FUCKING SON. Goddamn. Let it be, Marvel. LET IT BE.

Sandfox

Like I said, I didn't read any of that, so I have no leg to stand on, but I agree with not being a fan of
yet another Wolverine running around. Like, shit, I know no one wants him, but use Daken. He does exist, I'm sure someone can write an interesting arc around him and develop him. Do we need another Wolverine, never mind ANOTHER Ultimate leftover.

According to Bunn
all of the characters being added to the team going forward fit into a specific theme, which he didn't want to reveal because it would be a spoiler, so I'm guessing Daken wouldn't work.

jurgen

yet another Wolverine running around. Like, shit, I know no one wants him, but use Daken. He does exist, I'm sure someone can write an interesting arc around him and develop him. Do we need another Wolverine, never mind ANOTHER Ultimate leftover? If you're gonna push Laura as Logan's successor, then LET HER FUCKING BE HIS SUCCESSOR. If you want to write a story involving Logan's child and living up to his father's name then WRITE A DAMN STORY ABOUT HIS ONLY FUCKING SON. Goddamn. Let it be, Marvel. LET IT BE.

Yeah, the whole thing seems convoluted and redundant as fuck. You've got
a Logan, a Daken, and an X-23 all running around.

According to Bunn
all of the characters being added to the team going forward fit into a specific theme, which he didn't want to reveal because it would be a spoiler, so I'm guessing Daken wouldn't work.
And that's cool, but it's still dumb, and I stand by that.
I stand by the fact that we don't need another Wolverine running around. We fucking don't. And we certainly don't need another Ultimate running around.
Yeah, the whole thing seems convoluted and redundant as fuck. You've got
a Logan, a Daken, and an X-23 all running around.

And
let's not forget Gabby.

ANd that's cool, but it's still dumb, and I stand by that.
I stand by the fact that we don't need another Wolverine running around. We fucking don't. And we certainly don't need another Ultimate running around.

And
let's not forget Gabby.
And a Venom!Laura showing up as part of the Venomverse event and a Hulkverine as part of the Weapon X/Hulk crossover.

Sandfox

ANd that's cool, but it's still dumb, and I stand by that.

And
let's not forget Gabby.

Just wait for the reveal thast Wolverine is the common ancestor of everyone in the MU.

And a Venom!Laura showing up as part of the Venomverse event and a Hulkverine as part of the Weapon X/Hulk crossover.
I wouldn't count either of those.

Ha! So it turns out one of my amiibos had my Mii data on them and I was able to transfer over my Mii. Nintendo was not clear at all on that process.

caliph95

Just wait for the reveal thast Wolverine is the common ancestor of everyone in the MU.

I wouldn't count either of those.
Like Marville

Also too bad for Bunn another reason for me not to care for Blue

Those don't really count. Those are for very specific arcs/events. We're talking about ongoing characters.

That's damn close to what happened in Ultimate, where mutants were just a byproduct of the super soldier program (which makes zero sense), and since Wolverine was one of the first super soldier experiments (along with Cap and Fury) as well as being considered a mutant, he's technically the first mutant.
Also in Marville Wolverine was the first human for some reason.

Those don't really count. Those are for very specific arcs/events. We're talking about ongoing characters.
That's damn close to what happened in Ultimate, where mutants were just a byproduct of the super soldier program (which makes zero sense), and since Wolverine was one of the first super soldier experiments (along with Cap and Fury) as well as being considered a mutant, he's technically the first mutant.

Nice!

I went to the Newbury near my work on my break on a lark to see if they had any sales or if I missed a new release I forgot about and to my surprise I managed to find Vol 2 and 3 of The Life After on clearance! Because Oni Press stuff is generally limited on places like InStockTrades I hadn't been able to find either volume for a good price anywhere. But I can finally catch up (sorta) on it now.

Just put another order thru on InStock as well, grabbing Black Monday Murders 1, Faster Than Light 2, Nameless 1, Providence HC1, Saga 7 and Welcome Back 2.

Oh nice, I've been meaning to check out The Life After at some point. Haven't checked out anything Oni Press since Wasteland wrapped up (and I fell off of The Sixth Gun along the way) but Fialkov's stuff looks good. The Bunker too. Enjoy TBMM, so gooood.

Sandfox

Just finished X-Men Blue #1 and I enjoyed it, however I'm not sure how people will feel about some of things the young characters say(though it's fitting for people their age and I'm making it sound bad when it really isn't).
I think the main conflict with Juggernaut did a good job showing how threatening he is, while setting up a potential conflict between Beast and Cyclops. I like the team's mission statement, because it fits them and Magneto, while differentiating them from the Gold team. The issue teased a lot of things that I'm really interested in seeing play out as well.

Renew Your Vows was really well-written and is pretty big in terms of world building. I like how Conway
explains why Civil War never happened in this universe and uses it as a tool to send the X-Men on a completely different path.

Amazing Spider-Man is
really setting it up for Peter to lose sacrifice his company for the greater good.

ElNarez

Banned
X-Men Blue #1 doesn't seem to endorse ultra-conservative religious bigotry and prejudice against one religion in particular.

So, that already puts it in the top 2 titles of the X-Men relaunch.

Top Bottom