• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| April 2017 - Now Featuring Superstar Artist Brett Booth - APRIL FOALS!

Id like to think that all the next WW run needs to do is wipeout Rucka's run, and then do their own take but end with her just being clay after all, then for the casual fan you could just read those three runs in a loop indefinitely.

zaryn

I know I'm late to the party, but just finished volume 2 of Deadly Class and holy shit it's amazing. I immediately order the next three volumes. Soooo fucking good.

tim1138

Marguerite Bennett should absolutely be the next Wonder Woman writer. Hell, she should have been the writer from the beginning of Rebirth.

Greg Rucka leaving just seems like an over anxious kid leaving halfway through setting their toys up. He went in and fucked everything up and is now leaving for other people to handle all of the mess or annoy people with yet another rehash of an origin story.

It just feels so annoying the more I think about it.

Sandfox

Greg Rucka leaving just seems like an over anxious kid leaving halfway through setting their toys up. He went in and fucked everything up and is now leaving for other people to handle all of the mess or annoy people with yet another rehash of an origin story.

Rucka made sure that his origin and interpretations of certain characters is the one that matters and left.

caliph95

Possibly old but just found out, seems Shadowman finally making a comeback
rapture-001-cover-a-suayan-988224.jpg
EXCLUSIVE: Valiant's Matt Kindt Talks Shadowman In Rapture #1 Preview

Ross61

He was brought in to steamline the origin and bring the character back to her core principles and is doing just that.

He was brought in to steamline the origin and bring the character back to her core principles and is doing just that.

Was he though? I know it's what he wanted to do, but I thought the N52 run of WW was kind of well liked? Maybe I'm wrong. I thought DC wanted him just because it's who a lot of people wanted on WW not so much they wanted him to fix any kind of issue they saw with the book.

Still, streamlined is not what I would call his run what so-ever. He's basically said what some origins are, but has given no reason or answer as to what was previously known or why its different all of a sudden.

It could have been done better and with less shit up in the air if DC themselves just said "This is canon, this is not." and gone the way of the Star Wars method.

Ross61

Was he though? I know it's what he wanted to do, but I thought the N52 run of WW was kind of well liked? Maybe I'm wrong. I thought DC wanted him just because it's who a lot of people wanted on WW not so much they wanted him to fix any kind of issue they saw with the book.

Still, streamlined is not what I would call his run what so-ever. He's basically said what some origins are, but has given no reason or answer as to what was previously known or why its different all of a sudden.

He said the exact reason he was brought on in the post. The N52 run is divisive, either you love it or you hate it. The changes to WW origins have were widely disliked for many reasons.

And I wouldn't say that until the end of the run when everything has been revealed.

Ross61

Liam Sharpe is also leaving the book but has another DC project on the way.

Rucka also hinted at he's doing more DC projects in the future.

mreddie

New Avi, thanks to Tumblr.

Unstoppable Wasp was dope as fuck, best issue so far.
Gwenpool, funny and that swerve at the end.

DON'T TAKE THEM FROM ME.

caliph95

New Avi, thanks to Tumblr.

Unstoppable Wasp was dope as fuck, best issue so far.
Gwenpool, funny and that swerve at the end.

DON'T TAKE THEM FROM ME.
I hope it was SFW

Also confused about Gwenpool:
I thought she literally doesn't exist in the main marvel universe which is a way big deal was making a fake identity. Did i remember it wrong

mreddie

I hope it was SFW

Also confused about Gwenpool:
I thought she literally doesn't exist in the main marvel universe which is a way big deal was making a fake identity. Did i remember it wrong

From the new issue.

That's what the next arc is about.

Liam Sharpe is also leaving the book but has another DC project on the way.

Rucka also hinted at he's doing more DC projects in the future.

Aside from his first WW run, all of my favorite Rucka runs have been on smaller books like Gotham Central and Checkmate so this probably good news.

Top Bottom