• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| April 2017 - Now Featuring Superstar Artist Brett Booth - APRIL FOALS!

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
rrCjBkH.jpg

Esad Ribic has the best shocked faces in the business.

shingi70

Banned
I remember people never shutting up about Saga, Wicked + Divine and Sex Criminals

I'd argue those are expectations to the rule alongside walking dead and Invincible. You don't hear many people talking about Lumburjanes event though it's still going. Same for something like Uber.

To be fair this also applies to big two books like Gotham Acadmey or Uncanny Avengers.

caliph95

I grabbed all four issues of Curse Words today. Let's hope this is as good as God Hates Astronauts.

All of those book are still good, tho.
Those books are great though i need to catch up with smooth criminals. I meant how books like those use to be the talk of the town now while it sells well the discussion wasn't as huge.

I'd argue those are expectations to the rule alongside walking dead and Invincible. You don't hear many people talking about Lumburjanes event though it's still going. Same for something like Uber.

To be fair this also applies to big two books like Gotham Acadmey or Uncanny Avengers.
True

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
All of those book are still good, tho.

I've been liking Sex Criminals just fine since it started up again, but I feel like all of the urgency is gone. I don't know what the overall arc is anymore.

The end of this arc of Ms. Marvel was... abrupt. I was expecting it to go at least one more, but
one scene of people being nice online and one punch
and boom. Odd.

caliph95

I've been liking Sex Criminals just fine since it started up again, but I feel like all of the urgency is gone. I don't know what the overall arc is anymore.

The end of this arc of Ms. Marvel was... abrupt. I was expecting it to go at least one more, but
one scene of people being nice online and one punch
and boom. Odd.
Gaf sometimes needs a slothbaby

Also that Nakia scene was touching

mreddie

Indie books are good only to tease you with delays and sudden breaks. IE Sex Criminals

Ms. Marvel, rushed as fuck ending but good arc.

The damn Jim Lee X-Men Trading card variant covers made me hit Ebay for some early 90's memories-
XZW2kIjb.jpg

BQRuzuNb.jpg

o6GxHYJb.jpg

Bought 2 boxes, hope to get a full set. Never got an autographed card from the original run.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
The damn Jim Lee X-Men Trading card variant covers made me hit Ebay for some early 90's memories-
XZW2kIjb.jpg

BQRuzuNb.jpg

o6GxHYJb.jpg

Bought 2 boxes, hope to get a full set. Never got an autographed card from the original run.

Ah, man. I had my dad laminate the Cyclops from that set and I used it as a book mark for like 15 years but then a couple years ago I left it on a plane.

I bought a new one on eBay for a buck, but it's not the same.

EDIT: ADD MOTOR CRUSH TO THE LIST.

Motorcrush is back at the end of the summer!

Indie books just go on indefinite hiatus instead.

Do we mean indie indie books, or just Image, Dark Horse etc? I follow in the region 25-30 *indie* books right now (read:not big two), and I only have about 5 that I have no date for the next trade, and even then, I know what the actual schedule is for a few of them. Sure, they take breaks, but that's the price you pay for quality and consistency of the creative team. I'm feeling like the quote was meant in jest lol? But worth saying anyway, I feel like a lot of companies have their act together and their schedules defined these days.

I think it's just The Goddamned right now I literally have zero idea what's going on with it, and at that, I *know* it's just taking so goddamn long for the art. No idea when it's due back or anything though.

Messi

Most image books take a break at the end of arcs or 5 issues so the artist can stay ahead and the team can recharge the creative juices. The problem comes in when lots of image books disappear and never return without any indication that they are done. But Saga essentially proved the break system can work and has allowed them to avoid fill in artists and keep Fiona Staples on the book.

Interesting thing I read last night: 8house began with discussions for Graham & cohorts to reboot Top Cow, similar to the work they did on Prophet and that Image did with the wider Extreme Studios stuff. It fell through and the writers and artists had already decided they wanted to work on something together so they concocted a weird fantasy universe instead. I think 8house took a turn towards more ambitious storytelling, Top Cow would have been a bit closer to the Extreme reboot stuff, which had some weird but some more traditional storytelling in the line too. Graham was going to do Pitt, & Churchland was going to do a Witchblade book. I don't remember ever hearing that so I thought it was cool.

caliph95

Interesting thing I read last night: 8house began with discussions for Graham & cohorts to reboot Top Cow, similar to the work they did on Prophet and that Image did with the wider Extreme Studios stuff. It fell through and the writers and artists had already decided they wanted to work on something together so they concocted a weird fantasy universe instead. I think 8house took a turn towards more ambitious storytelling, Top Cow would have been a bit closer to the Extreme reboot stuff, which had some weird but some more traditional storytelling in the line too. Graham was going to do Pitt, & Churchland was going to do a Witchblade book. I don't remember ever hearing that so I thought it was cool.
They Magdelena is out now so it's not completely scrapped but i don't thing it's an 8house just top cow, I do wish we get some sort of reboot for the top cow stuff
That is a weird way of saying Kamala
But in seriousness most of the initiative team seemed to have been shifted to limbo

They Magdelena is out now so it's not completely scrapped but i don't thing it's an 8house just top cow, I do wish we get some sort of reboot for the top cow stuff

Mmm, it's definitely it's own thing at this point, I don't think even any concept stuff surfaced from their Top Cow ideas, but I remember seeing The Magdalena in solicits now, there must be a will there to rejuvenate the core universe. I never really read Top Cow during it's heyday but I liked The Darkness games a fair bit.

caliph95

Pretty sure there are toys of villains, i think of guys like doom IIRC. Which is weird because it's like owning a toy of Bin laden or Kim jung un

Top Bottom