• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| April 2017 - Now Featuring Superstar Artist Brett Booth - APRIL FOALS!

The damn Jim Lee X-Men Trading card variant covers made me hit Ebay for some early 90's memories-

Bought 2 boxes, hope to get a full set. Never got an autographed card from the original run.

I still have a full set of Series I and II of those X-men cards, and a bunch of the other Marvel card sets too. I was way into those things when I was a kid.

All-Star Batman

I feel like this issue started so good and had so much potential and then it just went to absolute complete ass about half way through. Dumb twist after dumb twist after dumb twist. Not that the twists were dumb on their own, but that they just came out of nowhere and really served no purpose other than having a gotcha panel just before completely making it irrelevant. Then the Duke backup felt like it was completely incomprehensible.

Invincible Iron Man

I continue to really enjoy Riri.

X-Men Blue

This was just pretty boring to me, and I'm really not into the art.

Amazing Spider Man

I actually really like this new Doc Ock.

Injustice 2

That first half with Fate has me hyped! Harley is going to be so happy!

Messi

Man, I get mad when I spend more than $20 on comics in one week.

$134

tumblr_m4v2j6tP7O1rqrk6x.gif

Useful thing about having a kid around: you can never really go too far buying stuff for yourself before they chime in with something equally disposable/frivolous that they want. Creates a natural balance.

I usually try and spend around £20 or so a week, but often go over if I see something on sale or really want to get something

Was quite difficult getting the Batman lenticular cover over here in the UK this week, I think only certain stores were getting it in due to copyright issues on the smiley face button on the cover, managed to find one online after checking a few stores and fbook groups. Seems to be a big seller over here in pre-orders though.

I'm still catching up with some of last weeks issues due to the bank holiday and my issues coming late, but out of the ones I've read so far:

Weapon X - Honestly thought this was pretty bad (and for once not just due to Greg Land art), it was just weird both Logan and Sabretooth didn't seem to be in character at all, there dialogue just seemed really out of place for them. Plus didn't help that the bad guys
were some cheap transformer movie rip off robots

X-men Blue - This was definitely better than Weapon X at least. Kind of had a bit of a saturday morning cartoon feel to it with the bickering and cheesy villians but it had some interesting set up and I'm intrigued where theyll take things once they get the initial set up out of the way and get into the story.

BP The Crew - This was pretty good actually, a slow structured thoughtful build up issue, which I expect from Coates, I appreciate the story build up and racial tensions but can't wait for when the Crew are formed and start sparking off each other.
Anything else think it was a little weird though Storm was just chilling round Harlem in disguise ha.
. I didn't know Coates was only writing every other issue on this though, will have to wait and see how that works.

Next up Godshaper and the last Motor Girl issue.

Redneck was good. Has a good voice, atmosphere and a killer ending.

Read God Country #3 and #4. 3 was pretty good even if the coloring felt distracting but 4 was really really good. Shaw put in some fucking work. His here reminded me of Jae Lee in a way.

I usually try and spend around £20 or so a week, but often go over if I see something on sale or really want to get something

Next up Godshaper and the last Motor Girl issue.

Let us know what you think of God Shaper. It's a long way until the trade and I'm looknig forward to it haha so hearing thoughts will have to do.

smisk

I'm way behind on comics.. Have a dozen issues I haven't read plus it's been a couple weeks since I picked up my pull list, so gonna do that this weekend. Maybe I'll just sit down tonight and tomorrow and plow through it.

Those Marvel cards from the 90s were the greatest. The Spider-Man set that arranged the cards into 3x3 pictures was my fave

And so very addictive. I would be walking home opening a pack, get something I needed for one of the cooler pics, turn right back around and buy more immediately ;p

Let us know what you think of God Shaper. It's a long way until the trade and I'm looknig forward to it haha so hearing thoughts will have to do.

Yeah will do, I tend to get the first few issues of new series especially indie in floppies to see if there any good and be part of the intial launch buzz and then if I like it and its an ongoing rather than a mini I go into trades after first arc

Top Bottom