• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2013. The only time of year when everyone envies Bobby Drake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
There's also Tom + Mary Bierbaum on Legion if we're talking writers-only, a ton of artist/colourist teams (Miller/Varley, the Allreds, Mazzucchelli/Lewis, the Breitweisers...)

But who was first? I'd have to think it's Wendy and Richard Pini by any measure, especially considering the Marvel (and apparently DC, too?) reprints.

frye

Mike Choi and Sonia Oback

ipHGfLf.jpg

That's a good one because it became pretty obvious who was talent once they split up.

Not that Oback is amazing or anything but man, it's no wonder she made the choices she did on their comics...

I think I'm gonna go full Battle of the Atom. I'm gonna do it.. But will I end up keeping WatXM and Uncanny X-men on my pull list after the event? Isn't that the secret, evil lure of such a thing? Wouldn't it be OTT to pull 4 X-books? How many questions?

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I just remembered another one.
The girl who was running the color department at Wildstorm when my friend started there, Jessica Ruffner, was dating Brett Booth. She later married him.
EDIT: Lol, I have her (old) home address in my address book.

I think I'm gonna go full Battle of the Atom. I'm gonna do it.. But will I end up keeping WatXM and Uncanny X-men on my pull list after the event? Isn't that the secret, evil lure of such a thing? Wouldn't it be OTT to pull 4 X-books? How many questions?

I'm doing the same thing, but my problem is should I drop X-Men for Amazing X-men?

I doing the same thing, but my problem is should I drop X-Men for Amazing X-men?

Amazing X-Men? They're running out of adjectives.

I'm only reading WatXM for the Hellfire Academy. If I stick around for Battle of the Atom, that'll be it.

Battle of the Atom is going to be the best fucking event since Messiah CompleX. I have not been hyped about X-Men this much since Schism and that was mostly a let down (even though the fall out was great).

Wood + Bendis + Aaron = superstar team. We haven't had this great of a team in the X-books since Claremont + Morrison + Casey in early 2000s.

DrBo42

Last thing I read was (I believe) a New 52 Batman run with The Court of Owls. Is there anything else Batman related up to that quality? Thought it was fantastic.

Edit: Actually I'd be interested in anything of that quality regardless on the lead.

I have no idea how to follow stuff like zero year, with the tie ins and such. Its new to me :/

You can ignore most the tie-ins if you want. The main story, and most of what you need to get what happened will be in the main book. From the looks of it, the tie ins are more about how a specific event during that year affected a bunch of other people in the DC universe. Tie ins can annoy people but some times its nice to see how the collective universe is effected.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Well, I finally ran across my first completely fucked Comixology book.
The second half of issue #5 of Snyder Batman can only be read by lying on my side.

Lock the iPad so when you rotate it the page stays the same.

edit: so beaten. sob

I'm more hardline than Shin. Do not buy ANY tie ins unless you are already reading those titles. They are a cash grab.

No I'm basically the same way, I only grab tie ins on books I'm already reading. So no plans for me to grab the Zero Year Birds of Pray or Green Arrow tie ins.

There is to much tie in BS in November. Remember when Snyder said no tie ins and hiw happy everyone was? At least there is a bunch of cool stuff from Vertigo and sweet figures. Captain Boomerang, SBFF, WW statue and the Crime Syndicate will be mine.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
There is to much tie in BS in November. Remember when Snyder said no tie ins and hiw happy everyone was? At least there is a bunch of cool stuff from Vertigo and sweet figures. Captain Boomerang, SBFF, WW statue and the Crime Syndicate will be mine.

Considering his Comic Con interview, it sounds like his editors overruled him. Which really is par for the course with DC.

Ok, issue 13 of Batman was one of the best comics ive read. Loved how dark it was. It was like a horror story. Loved the little Harley side story at the end to. Great start so far.

Finally got to Trillium. Loved so many things about it. But I'm a little disappointed by the
depictions of savage, murderous aboriginal people. I guess perhaps these characters are slaughtering everyone who gets close to the temple to stave off the end of the world? Whatever the reason, I was a bit put off by this representation of jungle aboriginals (Not that I know anything about the cultures of people who live in jungles. But I am critical of silent characters of colour being depicted as wild, murderous villains).
It's early going, so we'll see how it's explained, but it did sour what for me was an otherwise fantastic read.

Owzers

Looking at the November DC Solicits, it's almost as if they are purposefully trying to get rif of me as a customer.

did you see that Batman #25 has an embossed cover?

It's kind of fitting that the 3d covers, which i only pre-ordered one comic from that month, are actually worth money on ebay even if it's only a presale.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Have anyone read All-Star Superman yet? I just now read it. ..And.. my god.

Yeah, buddy. Welcome to the best Superman story to ever grace paper. Morrison and Quitely are the most dominant creative duo out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom