• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2014. Infinite universes, or just fifty-two? Thanos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rocket Raccoon 1 was good but 2 was a lot of fun. Skottie Young is truly a master at his craft and this was just great all the way through.

Enjoyed Grayson 2 as well, had to cop the selfie variant.

YESSSSS I'm loving that comixology is continuing to fill in their gaps of the older batman comics. After the mega sale I'm really getting interested in reading more of batman from the 70s & 80s. I have all the big trades from those eras but these other stories are fun too

Zombine

Banned
Loved Guardians 100th. I keep calling this book Avengers 100th and I don't know why. The art was phenomenal though. Very unique. I'll have to look into some more Duarte.

Vyer

So instock trades website doesn't have the ability to tell you a book is out of stock when ordering? Seems like a pretty basic function of an online retailer.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Oh man. Just saw this panel from Rocket Rackoon #2: http://i.imgur.com/5RBCvPE.jpg
Too good.

I also have a Master's in Library Science which was by necessity and not really choice, as you need a MLS to be a professional librarian.

I assume you're a professional librarian then? If so, that's way cool. That's something I've always thought would be a cool career.

Loved Guardians 100th. I keep calling this book Avengers 100th and I don't know why. The art was phenomenal though. Very unique. I'll have to look into some more Duarte.

Duarte is a god. Monsters (or Monstros) is a must-have.

And if you can manage to find Birds anywhere, it's his masterpiece.

Zombine

Banned
54.jpg

WOW! Ordered from Amazon.

Zombine

Banned
I know in the past I have made jokes about French comics, criterion collections, vinyl, and fedoras, but I do legitimately want to know if there are any French/foreign comics that I should be reading.

More specifically, I'm looking for some French Sci-Fi/Fantasy epics.

I am honestly so thrilled to get you guys into Duarte. When I first saw Birds it literally changed the way I draw overnight.

He's just incredible.

I legitimately bought it right after you mentioned the art. Came to $11 and will be here by Friday.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I know in the past I have made jokes about French comics, criterion collections, vinyl, and fedoras, but I do legitimately want to know if there are any French/foreign comics that I should be reading.

I legitimately bought it right after you mentioned the art. Came to $11 and will be here by Friday.

It's 7 on instock. Looks really fun.

Zombine

Banned
It's 7 on instock. Looks really fun.

Amazing price. I wanted it right away though. I would need to make a bigger IST order for them to ship it to me fast.

Speaking of IST, I am building an order there. I have never read We3 so I need to correct that. I also added that Conan that Kipp suggested and now I'm looking to throw some more stuff on.

Makes me wish Moebius stuff wasn't so damn expensive...

There's a ton of French stuff on Comixology; I've already picked up some of the stuff that randomly goes on sale for $0.98 just for the art.

Zombine

Banned

those are the best kinds of French comics

that and Tintin, anyway

How's the Obscure Cities stuff? That's French, i think. I saw the translation of The Leaning Girl (the first OC book i believe) at SDCC but i was done spending money by the time i came across it
Whoa, hold up: really? That was basically the first indication that he's a bit crap at them, yeah? The most interesting thing about Black Mirror is that Snyder did a legit solid job at making the reader uncertain whether this dude was a fucking nutso or not and he just murders the only really great thing with the "ooga booga imma serial killer!!!" ending.

yeah. last ish was killer though

I feel like that was an effect of the New 52. but then Court of Owls and Death of the Family, so maybe it's just a problem of his

Zombine

Banned
Please buy Batmanga. It is so far ahead of it's time and I would really like to continue to get more books like these.

Anyone interested in purchasing Saga #1 first printing signed by BKV?

Eh. I'm sure he'll be at NYCC. I'll get it signed then.

It's a graphic novel.

You should pick up the first two books which are fucking mind blowing.

A silent hell is volume 2 and Blacksad is the name of the first volume.

It's just the newest book, Amarillo. You'll still want Blacksad, and Blacksad: A Silent Hell.

Ahh okay, I wasn't sure if it was or not. Looks like I'll make note of it then!

Please buy Batmanga. It is so far ahead of it's time and I would really like to continue to get more books like these.

I was really curious about this one; almost asked about it the other day. So you enjoyed it?

Zombine

Banned
Ahh okay, I wasn't sure if it was or not. Looks like I'll make note of it then!

I was really curious about this one; almost asked about it the other day. So you enjoyed it?

It's Batman and Speed Racer. The scans are a bit iffy, but the colored pages are wonderful. It made me laugh and I loved Lord Death Man. His power is dying on command.

arkon

I enjoyed District 14 season 1. Really liked the art style. Comes in a nice hardcover as well.

Gotta get round to season 2 eventually.

Alex + Ada keeps me coming back. I'm surprised the book has stayed so interesting without resorting to human x robot sex.

But it's on the way, of that I have no doubt. :D

New Warriors is so good. If it weren't for Superior Foes and Hawkeye (when it does come out) I'd say it's my favorite Marvel book right now. It's a great team book that's just a joy to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom