• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2014. Infinite universes, or just fifty-two? Thanos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoneBone

Sigh.....maybe don't spoil the "moment of forever" the day the book is released? Your moment of forever will be my " this is the thing gaf posted two days before i read the book"

You guys disappoint me

It'd be nice if they'd either edit it to a link to the image or have a mod remove it. Totally agree with you.

a. I only posted that image after the line in question had already been quoted several times.
b. I did not spoil the context of that scene, or any actual plot points
c. Get over yourselves.

Almost done with the marvel cosmic stuff of the last few years. I just finished The Thanos Imperative and man was it amazing! It ended the run of nova and guardians in such a powerful way.

Messi

Yale Stewart said:
Good morning.

As some of you may be aware, there have been some rumors circulating about my personal conduct with women in the comics industry. The accusation is that I've sent unsolicited intimate photos of myself to fans, colleagues, or possibly both.

Sexual harassment is incredibly serious business, and I believe anyone who has followed me for any period of time knows that I often speak against it. No one should be subject to such behavior. It's invasive, disrespectful, and occasionally dangerous.

Have I sent intimate photos of myself to women before? Yes. I'll absolutely admit to that. As a 26 year-old bachelor with a relatively healthy sex life in the internet age, these things happen. However, every photo sent was in direct response to either a photo received or a specific request, mutually agreed upon by two consenting adults.

Or so I thought.

Two years ago, I was engaged in two separate relationships with women whom I was sexually active with. Given the nature of these relationships, my experiences in past relationships, and various dialogues with these women, I thought it had been established within each relationship that intimate or explicit photos were acceptable, possibly even desired.

I GROSSLY misread the situation.

It has been brought to my attention that both of these women were uncomfortable with my behavior, and needless to say, I'm absolutely disgusted with myself. How I could so horribly misinterpret the situation confounds me, but that confusion pales in comparison to the shame of knowing that I did the very thing to these two women that I openly chastise people for on a regular basis. Also, beyond that, that these women felt this way for TWO YEARS without me knowing and attempting to make amends, which is wholly unacceptable in its own right.

I have reached out to both of these women and have made private apologies, but I felt it was my responsibility to make a public one as well. As stated earlier, I believe sexual harassment to be an incredibly serious issue, and while the harassment in question was a terrible and ignorant mistake, it does not change the fact that that's what this was, and I accept full responsibility.

I strive to treat everyone with respect, as I feel those who know me personally or follow my comics work would attest, and as such I hope that helps frame how sorry I truly am that all of this happened. The best I can do is own up to it, acknowledge that I made an incredible error in judgement, and finally, make sure that I learn from this mistake and never repeat it moving forward.

In addition, if there's anyone else out there who feels like I've made them uncomfortable, on any level, please let me know. Clearly I've misread situations before, and I don't want to go years again thinking nothing's wrong only to learn I've hurt someone.

Finally, I'll be making a donation of $1000 to RAINN, as they're an organization at the forefront of both preventing and aiding victims of sexual harassment and assault. Hopefully my small donation will in some way help them in educating even just one person, preventing another situation such as this.

My deepest, sincerest apologies to all.

Sadist

Ms. Marvel #7

Yay, another fun issue. Really digging everything about it. Final pages are pretty great.

New Avengers #23

Welp, time to get drunk, or not. Maybe? Eh.
Everybody thinking about their actions was pretty good, especially with Beast and Dr. Strange. The first one got chewed out by his younger version and the second... oh damn. "Wong, am I a good person?" "No". Pretty damn brutal. Black Bolt crying manly tears was pretty damn telling, especially when Lockjaw has that sad look. But the ending... goddamn. Namor going into the deep end like this? Holy crap. Fuck Namor. Do hope T'Challa kills his ass.

Owzers

a. I only posted that image after the line in question had already been quoted several times.
b. I did not spoil the context of that scene, or any actual plot points
c. Get over yourselves.

In this context, what does " get over yourselves" supposed to mean?

"Look at me, i post on gaf and don't like people spoiling things, i'm so important"

"No sillymonkey321, get over yourself. "

That's how i picture it.

Tizoc

This still gives me chills
"'I. AM. THE. NEW. GOD.
ALL IS ONE IN DARKSEID. THIS MIGHTY BODY IS MY CHURCH.
WHEN I COMMAND YOUR SURRENDER, I SPEAK WITH THREE BILLION VOICES...
WHEN I MAKE A FIST TO CRUSH YOUR RESISTANCE. IT IS WITH THREE BILLION HANDS!
WHEN I STARE INTO YOUR EYES AND SHATTER YOUR DREAMS. AND BREAK YOUR HEART. IT IS WITH SIX BILLION EYES!
NOTHING LIKE DARKSEID HAS EVER COME AMONG YOU: NOTHING WILL AGAIN.
I WILL TAKE YOU TO A HELL WITHOUT EXIT OR END.
AND THERE I WILL MURDER YOUR SOULS!
AND MAKE YOU CRAWL AND BEG!
AND DIE!
DIE! DIE FOR DARKSEID!'"
Darkseid- Final Crisis

Whoof what a mess

This still gives me chills
"'I. AM. THE. NEW. GOD.
ALL IS ONE IN DARKSEID. THIS MIGHTY BODY IS MY CHURCH.
WHEN I COMMAND YOUR SURRENDER, I SPEAK WITH THREE BILLION VOICES...
WHEN I MAKE A FIST TO CRUSH YOUR RESISTANCE. IT IS WITH THREE BILLION HANDS!
WHEN I STARE INTO YOUR EYES AND SHATTER YOUR DREAMS. AND BREAK YOUR HEART. IT IS WITH SIX BILLION EYES!
NOTHING LIKE DARKSEID HAS EVER COME AMONG YOU: NOTHING WILL AGAIN.
I WILL TAKE YOU TO A HELL WITHOUT EXIT OR END.
AND THERE I WILL MURDER YOUR SOULS!
AND MAKE YOU CRAWL AND BEG!
AND DIE!
DIE! DIE FOR DARKSEID!'"
Darkseid- Final Crisis
Magnificent moment

FoneBone

In this context, what does " get over yourselves" supposed to mean?

"Look at me, i post on gaf and don't like people spoiling things, i'm so important"

"No sillymonkey321, get over yourself. "

That's how i picture it.
It doesn't mean that spoiling anything and everything is kosher, nor should it be. It means that getting that uptight over what constitutes a spoiler shits up discussion.

See the Thanos brouhaha for reference.

Owzers

"However, every photo sent was in direct response to either a photo received or a specific request, mutually agreed upon by two consenting adults."

And now i want to see the requests and agreements.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I just want to say Twitter is a shithole. That's about it.

Looks like Yale Stewart needs some

Damage_Control_Vol_1_2.jpg

The Fade Out magazine variant is just beautiful. It's a good start. Already hooked on it more than Velvet after reading two issues of that. Old Hollywood is just a great noir setting, but i hope it doesn't get too tropey. It's the Brubs and Phillips though, so.

yeesh. what a weirdo.
RIP Career.

god damn.. just that easy.

i wouldn't go that far, people are hella forgiving in comics

Only tangently related to comics... buuuuut...

@FilmCritHULK · SERIOUSLY. JOSIE AND THE PUSSYCATS IS A LEGIT GOOD MOVIE. COME AT IT.

Stay real, Film Critic Hulk.

Bii

Picked up Multiversity #1 with my pull list today. My LCS owner recommended it and I grabbed the blank variant because I am not digging that regular cover. Also, the logo looks cool on its own. Will give it a read through later tonight.

Almost done with the marvel cosmic stuff of the last few years. I just finished The Thanos Imperative and man was it amazing! It ended the run of nova and guardians in such a powerful way.

Prepare to be disappointed with how Bendis treats that ending. To say he shits all over it would be a severe understatement and possibly an insult to shit.

NuQuill better be from a different universe. That's all I'm saying.

Messi

Picked up Multiversity #1 with my pull list today. My LCS owner recommended it and I grabbed the blank variant because I am not digging that regular cover. Also, the logo looks cool on its own. Will give it a read through later tonight.

I hope they offer a blank, text only version of Quitelys issue

fauxtrot

Banned
Damn Yale, you dirty dog.

But seriously, I hope it went down the way he presented it... I don't want to support someone who's a creep, no matter how cute he can draw Batman and Supes.

It doesn't mean that spoiling anything and everything is kosher, nor should it be. It means that getting that uptight over what constitutes a spoiler shits up discussion.

See the Thanos brouhaha for reference.

Maybe next time discuss the contents of the book (in spoiler tags, like everyone else) rather than just posting a panel from a comic a lot of people have been waiting years to read. It's not even noon here in CA.

Another month, another post by me telling you all Infinity Man and the Forever People is a damn good comic. It has something for everyone! Even you Messi, Beautiful Dreamer is right up your ally. I jumped into the series without much knowledge and been having a great time with it. Were only 3 issues in and only 2.99 a pop, only 9 bucks to catch up to a great comic.

Messi

Another month, another post by me telling you all Infinity Man and the Forever People is a damn good comic. It has something for everyone! Even you Messi, Beautiful Dreamer is right up your ally. I jumped into the series without much knowledge and been having a great time with it. Were only 3 issues in and only 2.99 a pop, only 9 bucks to catch up to a great comic.

Didn't that just get cancelled? Someone here told me that. I don't want to invest in failure :(

tim1138

This man speaks the truth.

How awesome was Dreamer's conversation with
the freaking Anti-Life Equation?!

so nick fury's character assassination ended today?
Jason Aaron will finish twisting the knife next week.

After Original Sin, is it likely that Nick shows up more oftener?
Just say yes or no, I wont read Original Sin until October...
No..

---

New Avengers 22 Spoilers:
Namor was kicked off because he pressed the button and saved the planet? Black Panther acted like a bitch and his whining made him look like an idiot, not to mention the illuminati hardly bat an eye after the initial concern at Strange turning into a monster. Although the "touching to suck away the life" kills from the tentacles cracked me up the most. Hickman writing the characters to show (with the exception of Namor) just how hypocritical and "all talk-no action" everyone turned out to be in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom