• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2014. Infinite universes, or just fifty-two? Thanos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Shop had sell the Multiversity covers. Even the Morrison one, it was €50. The Burnham one was cover price.

I got Fade out in magazine variant.

Fintan

Shop had sell the Multiversity covers. Even the Morrison one, it was €50. The Burnham one was cover price.

I got Fade out in magazine variant.
Do you go to a comic shop in Dublin, Messi? Which one? I've mostly just bought online, but I think I want to pick up that Fade Out variant.

Messi

Do you go to a comic shop in Dublin, Messi? Which one? I've mostly just bought online, but I think I want to pick up that Fade Out variant.

I went to Forbidden planet today usually go to Dublin city comics. They only got one of that variant.

Fintan

I went to Forbidden planet today usually go to Dublin city comics. They only got one of that variant.
Oh, cool. I've never been to Dublin City Comics before. I'll have to check it out. Only ever been to Forbidden Planet and Sub-City.

http://www.newsarama.com/21741-grant-morrison-on-multiversity-it-s-going-to-f-people-up.html

"Multiversity will be nine total issues, with two bookends (numbered as issues #1 and #2), and seven #1 issues in between that depict various Earths in the Multiverse. According to Morrison, each issue tells an individual story while being part of the larger story."

"Characters within the story will contact each other by publishing comic books that others can read, Morrison said. "In each parallel reality you’ll see one of them is reading the comic that you just read the month before and finding out what happened to the good guys, giving them a chance to defeat the bad guys in the next one. They are kind of passing on, in a chain, their own adventures," Morrison said.

"So characters in issue 3 will be literally be reading Multiversity #2, Morrison said. And characters in issue #4 will be reading #3."

Sounds pretty cool

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Cannot believe it. Multiversity has arrived. I'm not sure I'll be able to handle the hype from this one and just wait for the trade. I think I'll probably have to go digital. Unfortunately, no time to read it right now.

I don't like sub city. He over prices everything. He is charging 150-160 per bombshell statue.

Ask him if he knows who you are, the next time you go in. If he knew he was overcharging Messi, I bet he'd reconsider. If that doesn't work, threaten him by showing your average posts per month in these threads and how many ones of customers he could lose because of your negative comments.

Fintan

I don't like sub city. He over prices everything. He is charging 150-160 per bombshell statue.

Yeah? That sucks. Is Forbidden Planet good for statues? I seem to remember them having a reasonable stock in the shop, right? Or do you mostly just get them online? I know nothing really about the different shops, has rarely seemed worth heading into Town considering the prices of individual issues in general.

Like I said, Bendis largely ignores most of what made GotG interesting in the first place, continuity issues aside. First, the Guardians have been doing absolutely nothing pertaining to actually guarding the galaxy and just seem to monitor Earth like S.W.O.R.D. does. Also Bendis makes them out to be "space Avengers" which, as anyone who has read the DnA run or has seen the GotG movie knows, is not what they are. Not to mention Bendis dialogue.

Fortunately (I guess), we're going to be seeing what happened to Nova, Peter and Thanos in the Cancerverse soon. And things are starting to move forward with them heading towards the symbiote's home planet. We'll see how that goes.

Meanwhile, I'll be reading Guardians 3000. I hope this book kicks so much ass.

Why does the dude have Cap's shield?

Messi

Yeah? That sucks. Is Forbidden Planet good for statues? I seem to remember them having a reasonable stock in the shop, right? Or do you mostly just get them online? I know nothing really about the different shops, has rarely seemed worth heading into Town considering the prices of individual issues in general.

You are best buying online. Even with Shipping Tfaw.com and bigbadtoystore beat them on price easily. On those sites the Bombshells end up being 100€ single issues are cheaper too.

Tizoc

I won't be able to read Multiversity until Friday...
SHUT UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!

Recently read Wonder Woman: The Hiketeia by Greg Rucka and it was really good, those looking for some good Wondy stories def. need to read this
Hiketeia.jpg

Mafro

Quick question, who's the current Ant-Man? What are the others doing?
Scott Lang is the current Ant-Man, he's most recently appeared in Original Sin. Hank Pym had his own team of Avengers in Avengers A.I. I'm not sure what else he's been in since then other than a few issues of Daredevil. I think Eric O'Grady died in Remender's run of Secret Avengers.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Scott Lang is the current Ant-Man, he's most recently appeared in Original Sin. Hank Pym had his own team of Avengers in Avengers A.I. I'm not sure what else he's been in since then other than a few issues of Daredevil. I think Eric O'Grady died in Remender's run of Secret Avengers.
Hank Pym actually showed up in the most recent issue of She-Hulk, too.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Is there any point in getting Multiversity if I haven't read any of the big events?

I actually asked pretty much the same thing up there, this is what Palette Swap said:
I don't believe you'll be lost as everything used seems clearly outlined in the book itself.

My reaction was more that it felt rewarding when you've read Final Crisis but that didn't look like a requisite to me. I think anyone should be able to read this book. Hell, it's probably the DC book that relies the least on established continuity as it takes place on parallel worlds no one is supposed to know about.

So yeah, knock yourself out and if you like what you read, catch up on FC eventually. Not because it's necessary but because it's a damn good book.

So I think we'll be fine.

Prozel

Cool. I'm in the mood for some Ant-Man with the movie comming next year. I grew a liking to him in Avengers EHM and his apperance in Avengers Assemble too.

I haven't read any Spider-Man comics and the movies might have given me versions of him that I dislike. Any series recommendations that doesn't have the angst and mopeyness from the movies? (Preferably something that is complete on Marvel Unlimited).

Messi

I haven't read any Spider-Man comics and the movies might have given me a view of his character that I dislike. Any series recommendations that doesn't have the angst and mopeyness from the movies? (Preferably something that is complete on Marvel Unlimited).

Superior Spider-Man.

Did anyone else buy Druckmann's 'A second chance at Sarah'

Art is lovely and it's a nice little hardcover. I'm sure the story is suitably depressing as it is Druckmann. It starts with this Sarah girl
in a coma having never met her newborn baby
. So he is off to a fine start.

Damn you Druckmann!!

last-us-interview-neil-druckmann.jpg

Hagi

You are best buying online. Even with Shipping Tfaw.com and bigbadtoystore beat them on price easily. On those sites the Bombshells end up being 100€ single issues are cheaper too.

TFAW seems like a cool site (Jae Lee B&W Batman for under £40? uh yes please) but I'd be afraid i got hit with customs all the time, which is more than likely. I need to find a reliable UK site where i can subscribe to the Image stuff I'm reading, it's a pain in the arse having to travel 30 miles or more to find a comic book store.

Messi

TFAW seems like a cool site (Jae Lee B&W Batman for under £40? uh yes please) but I'd be afraid i got hit with customs all the time, which is more than likely. I need to find a reliable UK site where i can subscribe to the Image stuff I'm reading, it's a pain in the arse having to travel 30 miles or more to find a comic book store.

Most you will pay in taxes is £10ish. I've never got hit for a black and white statue. Still cheaper than comic stores here. Forbidden planet sells all black and white statues for €90

I haven't read any Spider-Man comics and the movies might have given me versions of him that I dislike. Any series recommendations that doesn't have the angst and mopeyness from the movies? (Preferably something that is complete on Marvel Unlimited).

The first Spider-man comics I read were Superior Spider-man.(sense I've gotten back into comics from my younger days) Its reaally good.
I've been getting Amazing Spider-man sense the relaunch.. Its decent I don't like it as much as I did Superior Spidey.

Spider-Man 2099 has been pretty good too (up to 2 issues now)

Is there any point in getting Multiversity if I haven't read any of the big events?

For any digital readers here, Comixology is having a multiverse sale to coincide with Multiversity finally being released. Every issue of Crisis on Infinite Earths, Infinite Crisis, and Final Crisis (Morrison's most similar work to Multiversity) and a few Elseworlds tales are part of it.

To add to what others have said, I get the feeling that this won't spill over much to the main DCU.

Who else wants to argue with cartoon physics?

Best line in a long time.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I need that Multiversity issue. Y'all digital fellas better save some discussion about it for tonite.

Cool. I'm in the mood for some Ant-Man with the movie comming next year. I grew a liking to him in Avengers EHM and his apperance in Avengers Assemble too.

You might want to try Avengers Academy, where he mentors the next generation of Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Superior Spider-Man.

The first Spider-man comics I read were Superior Spider-man.(sense I've gotten back into comics from my younger days) Its reaally good.
I've been getting Amazing Spider-man sense the relaunch.. Its decent I don't like it as much as I did Superior Spidey.

Spider-Man 2099 has been pretty good too (up to 2 issues now)

Two recommendations. Superior Spider-man it is. Thanks guys.

SoilBreak

Banned

Ultimate Spider-Man
Spider-Man/Human Torch
Spider-Man / Fantastic Four
Spider-Man: Big Time

Penguin

Sensation Comics #2 was a really solid read. Interesting how it was an examination of Wonder Woman, Batman and Gotham all at once.

Also Multiversity was just a fantastic read.

Lombaszko

Making the trek during lunch for Multiversity because I can't wait to go to my LCS after work! I may have to take lunch early too...

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
This is the most Grant Morrisony Gran Morrison has ever been, and I'm going to really enjoy the ride.

Thanks. It's not like i dislike Scott Lang (he seems cool too) but Hank's the best.

I'm just not as familiar with Lang and I don't know of any major story arc where he had any significance. Maybe someone can school me and I can learn to love him, but he just seems like a poor man's Ant-Man to me. It's like if Iron Man was a new movie and they put Rhodey in the suit for the first installment.

Was the thing I hated most about Wright's version of the film and was really hoping it'd get scrapped when he left the project.

Aside from Multiversity's absolute greatness, I just got around to reading the new Ms. Marvel issue and I really, really liked this book too. The fact this issue had my favorite Wolverine in ages helped a lot but beyond that, I think the series itself is pretty special as I can't think of a book that has the same tone.

Yeah, this is me gushing over the fact that on the whole and despite appearances, this industry feels way more creative than it was 10 years ago, let alone 20. And I'm just talking super heroes here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom