• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2014. Infinite universes, or just fifty-two? Thanos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychBat!

Banned
awww yeah!
Avengers-35-Cover-7e0b4.jpg
This September, it all comes crashing down as Earth’s Mightest Heroes face judgment day – and today, Marvel is proud to present your first look at the oversized AVENGERS #35! The star-studded creative team of Jonathan Hickman, Jim Cheung, Dustin Weaver, Nick Bradshaw and Paco Media fast-forward 8 months, to the battle worn Marvel Universe of tomorrow – and the bleak future facing our heroes. Peer into May 2015, heroes and villains of the Marvel Universe stand at the precipice, and utter decimation looms.
Letter-less preview here.

tim1138

You should check out Final Crisis: Rogues' Revenge. It's the comic that made me understand and love The Rogues. I think Johns gets that group of villains better than anybody else, and it's the reason I pick up Justice League currently--small glimpses of Johns Captain Cold are all I need, maaan.

Also, I grabbed Absolute Final Crisis, the Miller/Klausen Daredevil omnibus, Vimanarama, and the Fury Max HC.

NO
Sure, buddy

That's a great haul, only thing I haven't read is Fury Max. Lemme know what the quality is on that Miller DD omni, wouldn't mind upgrading my old trades to a nice omni.

ReAxion

So, Comic GAF, how do you store your original art pieces? I'm thinking of buying, like... A portafolio? Some plastic bags/sleeves? Something, I guess? I honestly have no idea. Googling seems to throw some mixed responses to the subject in question.

this is one of the main reasons why I don't have original art pieces, I don't know what to do with them.

Vibranium

Banned
Forgot to say, The Fade Out was amazing, that many pages for $2.99 is also super great. Brubaker is showing Axel how it's done (Marvel, take notes from one of your old writers please). Really digging the period of the late 40's, hopefully Bru can capture it better than the game LA Noire.

Owzers

hmmm i really disliked the first Amazing Spider-Man movie, yet i just watched the sequel now and loved it. That's very similar to how i felt about Raimi's spidey, the first one i thought was slow and dull but i liked Doc a lot in the sequel, except with Amazing i didn't think it was overacty.

frye

hmmm i really disliked the first Amazing Spider-Man movie, yet i just watched the sequel now and loved it. That's very similar to how i felt about Raimi's spidey, the first one i thought was slow and dull but i liked Doc a lot in the sequel, except with Amazing i didn't think it was overacty.

what in the world

tim1138

So, Comic GAF, how do you store your original art pieces? I'm thinking of buying, like... A portafolio? Some plastic bags/sleeves? Something, I guess? I honestly have no idea. Googling seems to throw some mixed responses to the subject in question.

I have two original pages that my wife got me as an anniversary gift, random prints and Art Baltazar drawings from cons. We've gotten most of it framed and hanging up in our house.

Owzers

what in the world

Team Sequel. Though i'm already starting to think about the stuff i didn't like about Amazing 2...electro had neat special effects but was an awfffffffffffffffful character and everything about Peter's parents was bad.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
You should check out Final Crisis: Rogues' Revenge. It's the comic that made me understand and love The Rogues. I think Johns gets that group of villains better than anybody else, and it's the reason I pick up Justice League currently--small glimpses of Johns Captain Cold are all I need, maaan.

Also, I grabbed Absolute Final Crisis, the Miller/Klausen Daredevil omnibus, Vimanarama, and the Fury Max HC.

Thanks for the recommendation! Added to my IST wishlist.

And very nice! I really need to pick up that Miller Daredevil omnibus sometime. I'd really like to read it with the updated coloring that the omnibus has.
Also, it's got my favorite design of any omnibus:

I really hope Marvel reprints the Miller Daredevil Companion omnibus too. And the Miller Elektra omnibus.
Or better yet, Marvel, give us a Miller Daredevil omnibus box set.

frye

Wasnt Steve just killed of?

If by just you mean 2007, yeah.

e: don't reprint the Elektra omnibus Mahvel, it suxxx

Reprint: Elektra: Assassin with proper colours, Elektra Lives Again in proper dimensions, and What If? #35 with the regular trades, tia.

Yay, we agree on something for once! I thought it was a fun COMIC BOOK movie. Better representation of Peter Parker than I have read in any comics in the past year.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
That's a great haul, only thing I haven't read is Fury Max. Lemme know what the quality is on that Miller DD omni, wouldn't mind upgrading my old trades to a nice omni.

Will do--is this the entirety of his Daredevil run aside from the Elektra stuff, or is there a ton more waiting out there?

Splatt

Steve Rogers (got the serum drained and aged by Iron Nail....again....)

Really pissed me off, because we already had this happen in Bru's run. If they wanted Falcon as Cap there could have been other ways.

Thanks.

I remember reading Cap got aged again and thinking it was dumb.

Must have been really dumb for me to completely erase it from my mind.

Kipp

Will do--is this the entirety of his Daredevil run aside from the Elektra stuff, or is there a ton more waiting out there?

Not really, no. It just has his initial Daredevil run. In other words, it doesn't have Born Again, the Love and War graphic novel, or the Man Without Fear mini.
It's still a fantastic collection though. It is kind of a shame it doesn't have Born Again in it too, since Born Again does tie in to the rest of the run, but oh well.

If I didn't just place an order for the two Criminal deluxe editions, I'd be very tempted to order that omnibus right now. I've been wanting it for a long time but haven't gotten around to actually buying it.
Instead, I think I'll read another Sin City story since I've only read the first two. It'll be basically the polar opposite of Doom Patrol. Haha.

Speaking of Doom Patrol, just read the arc with the Cult of the Unwritten Book. Not my favorite arc, but Morrison sure came up with a ton of crazy occult ideas for that arc.

Boogiepop

Team Sequel. Though i'm already starting to think about the stuff i didn't like about Amazing 2...electro had neat special effects but was an awfffffffffffffffful character and everything about Peter's parents was bad.

I actually enjoyed myself with it. Though I'm still kind of questioning whether Electro was an interesting portrayal of a crazy character or just an overacted version of an overly nerdy guy...

Oh geez. When it rains, it pours.

DC may be sending Yale Stewart a Cease and Desist letter regarding the sale of JL8 related artwork to benefit charity.

Not really a big surprise in light of recent events. You figure DC wants to separate themselves as much as possible from Yale after the big mess he's made of things.

A few months back they also denied the use of the Superman logo for a memorial statue of a child who passed away. They changed their minds after the backlash from that one.

Cheska

I store most of my 11x17 prints/original art in an ITOYA portfolio. Works great and easy to store!

LosDaddie

Banned
Omnibus bros, I did it. I had to get that Infinite Crisis omnibus at a "reasonable" while I had the chance. Even DC's mid-2015 release schedule didn't have it listed as a reprint. :-(

Fuck it. And fuck DC too

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I'm 90% convinced it's happening. I can see some FInal Crisis-style stuff happening during the end of Time Runs Out, right down to the "wish for a happy ending" ending.
Dont scare me :(

The onliest reason I still dont believe it, is that they are still launching tons of new Ongoings with a #1 and that a Reboot would be on this point far to obivious to be true...

Vibranium

Banned
I'm 90% convinced it's happening. I can see some FInal Crisis-style stuff happening during the end of Time Runs Out, right down to the "wish for a happy ending" ending.

I'm around 90 percent too, Disney would be seriously intrigued at an opportunity to make it happen. Lots of comics fans on other boards are convinced that it would be too difficult to organize, but from a purely business point of view they will do it if they feel it's worth it.

Dont scare me :(

The onliest reason I still dont believe it, is that they are still launching tons of new Ongoings with a #1 and that a Reboot would be on this point far to obivious to be true...

That is the thing that gets me at the 10% though, Marvel likes relaunches and #1s, but it may be way too soon.

Kipp

Omnibus bros, I did it. I had to get that Infinite Crisis omnibus at a "reasonable" while I had the chance. Even DC's mid-2015 release schedule didn't have it listed as a reprint. :-(

Fuck it. And fuck DC too

Woo!
Worst case scenario, you end up regretting it, put it up on ebay, and sell it for $200ish and make a profit.

After Bru relaunched the book (when Steve came back from the dead) there was a brief arc near the end of the run where he lost the serum, though he didn't age like this time (and has had it happen even before that).

Totally forgot about that, thanks.

I'm gonna be collecting the Brubaker run soon, unfortunately I can't find the omnibus vol 1 anywhere for an affordable price.

Vibranium

Banned
Totally forgot about that, thanks.

I'm gonna be collecting the Brubaker run soon, unfortunately I can't find the omnibus vol 1 anywhere for an affordable price.

Yeah the prices can be crazy which is unfortunate. I really loved the omnibuses for all of the collected Bucky material since Brubaker poured his heart and soul into him especially.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
And wouldnt it make much more sense to send off Earth 616 in the year of their 75th Anniversary? To give their greatest creation a proper farewell?

Ye gods, what happened to Mark Waid? Guy did a great to passable run with his 20 issues of Indestructible Hulk, so i finally got around to reading Hulk 2014.

"hey, you know how the best parts of i.h. were banner egotripping? yeah, let us have none of that."

Really didn't expect it to be this trashy =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom