• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

I actually don't care for that one, but mostly because i already didn't care for the Straight Outta ___ meme as soon as those images started being shared around

Tradd Moore still holds the title imo

Zombine

Banned
I'm going to give Tetrax my official endorsement. I like to bet on rising stars like GH who have the highest potential for growth. One year contract with stipulations.

Valiant? I will check out their offerings, wasn't a fan of them but will see if any of those catch my eye.

Valiant rebooted their universe a few years ago and it's been fire across the board. I would say that some of them aren't necessarily appealing at surface level (say, like Harbinger or X-O Manowar) but they've got the writing and art to back them up. You can pick up any series at the beginning of an arc and you won't be totally lost. There's a grander scheme to their stories, but they try to make each individual arc as accessible as possible.

Hagi

€30, not sure about the Queen's money.

It's €15 without the guest armies, who are €5 each, but honestly without them what's the point? I'd rather just dig out my 360 and play the original at that stage.

Just checked Steam and it's 25 in the pauper money which still seems a lot for something I'd only piss about in a few times just to kill things with He-man

ReAxion

I won't list everything, but I'll name some of my favorites.

Image: Deadly Class, Low, Rat Queens, Saga, Lazarus, Velvet, East of West, Shutter, The Beauty, We Stand on Guard

DC: Gotham Academy, Omega Men, Grayson, Batman

Marvel: Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Ms. Marvel, Secret Wars, Silver Surfer

how was The Beauty? premise sounds great but I forgot to pick it up this week.

e: I'm adding Superior Foes of Spider-man to the list, if you want something that's completed and done.

They released a few more, actually

Annie Wu, after
tumblr_nt37g252Nd1qanptoo1_540.jpg
Ed Piskor, after
Humberto Ramos, after

omgkitty

I picked up the Judge Dredd America trade that came out this week, and never having read it before, I flipped through it. Art looks amazing but then about halfway through it drops off a cliff into some of the worst art I've ever seen. It start out with this great art deco style and then just devolves into what looks like a bad parody of the art from the first half of the book. Does this have some other stories or something done later by someone else? There's no way this is all the same artist. There isn't any sort of index page or anything like that in here.

Messi

I picked up the Judge Dredd America trade that came out this week, and never having read it before, I flipped through it. Art looks amazing but then about halfway through it drops off a cliff into some of the worst art I've ever seen. It start out with this great art deco style and then just devolves into what looks like a bad parody of the art from the first half of the book. Does this have some other stories or something done later by someone else? There's no way this is all the same artist. There isn't any sort of index page or anything like that in here.

Only one artist is listed for it.

Boogiepop

I just got to the part where Bendis explains it. I didn't think his explanation was too bad. The problem is just that Bendis' GotG overall kind of kludges the previous continuity to be more MCU-like. Quill, Drax and Thanos are all alive again, Quill is a smirking, roguish slacker on his junky ship. Knowwhere suddenly is this skeevy, Mos Eisley place. Nobody remembers Quill being the hero of the bug war. In fact, he doesn't seem to be famous at all. The characters from the movie are the core cast, and the other Guardians aren't in it.

In fact, when Bendis finally does get around to explaining how Quill, Drax and Thanos are back (and Richie isn't), it's actually pretty refreshing just to read some acknowledgement of the DnA days.
Cool, thanks. Now that I think of it I did just buy a year of MU, so maybe I'll give it a try some time and try to go in with an open mind.

Also, yeah, any opinions (anyone) on Annihilators or Infinity Gauntlet?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
which shop?

Comics N Stuff in the Westfield mall. I still need to go to that shop in San Marcos.

Ok guys, just read the first issue. thanks for building up how off-putting this would be because I actually prepared myself for more. I actually like it.

Haha nice.
If that vulgarity isn't an issue for you, then you'll absolutely love Preacher. The over-the-top-ness of Preacher was the only very minor shortcoming of it for me.

Messi

He posts more than you, Messi. I don't want to come in here and see every other post for ten pages straight talking about Valiant and be authored by Lunchpad.

:D

I have been purposefully posting less. You guys don't need to read every single thought I have about comics/strong jawed women/sejic. Its part of my exit strategy. Old comicgaf is being phased out we are being replaced by the new blood.

Haha nice.
If that vulgarity isn't an issue for you, then you'll absolutely love Preacher. The over-the-top-ness of Preacher was the only very minor shortcoming of it for me.

I think I'll take it for a spin after I finish GC.

What exactly put you off?
was it the guy's girlfriend getting her arms snapped off or the lady getting banged over her desk without warning? lol

You could post more in here?

He posts more than you, Messi. I don't want to come in here and see every other post for ten pages straight talking about Valiant and be authored by Lunchpad.

He was being sarcastic Freeza :(

Sorry Messi, I get bored at work and I like to talk about comics. I'll try to post less.

For whatever it's worth, I would rather people let me know what's bothering them if I can change it rather than have them disappear like JC or Rafa.

Messi

I think I'll take it for a spin after I finish GC.

What exactly put you off?
was it the guy's girlfriend getting her arms snapped off or the lady getting banged over her desk without warning? lol

He was being sarcastic Freeza :(

Sorry Messi, I get bored at work and I like to talk about comics. I'll try to post less.

For whatever it's worth, I would rather people let me know what's bothering them if I can change it rather than have them disappear like JC or Rafa.

I am only kidding around man. Post as much as you like lol. Its more for me to read when I am in work.

JC left because he was a punk ass. He didn't even bother to respond to my pm. I needed his help and he wasnt there for me. He out there acting like he is better than us. Posting in other threads, showing off all his cool posting skills to other people. We dont need him. I dont need him.

tumblr_n1uan6E5aM1shisl4o7_250.gif

I'm seeing a lot of inspiration for The Dark Knight in GC, especially with the Joker arc. Interesting, and obviously great, stuff

Shit doesn't bother me as much as I let on. But dude, you need a new avatar. Monokumo is starting to annoy the shit out of me.

Are you as mean as you let on? :D

I want to change my avatar, but I basically can't until this round of mafia games is done lol

I am only kidding around man. Post as much as you like lol. Its more for me to read when I am in work.

JC left because he was a punk ass. He didn't even bother to respond to my pm. I needed his help and he wasnt there for me. He out there acting like he is better than us. Posting in other threads, showing off all his cool posting skills to other people. We dont need him. I dont need him.

Alright man, but do let me know if I get out of line. "You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain." I would not want to lose you or anyone else by being a knucklehead.

Yeah, man, screw JC. He can go post in all them poor as shit OT comic threads and hate himself for it.

NoRéN

I've realized that the closest comic book shop to me really fucking sucks. It's cluttered, poorly lit, and they mark up stuff on day one if they think it will go up in value.

Owzers

i like how Comics-gaf is completely okay with Messi being a robot, we've come a long way from only allowing humans to post their opinions and i've always wondered how the Harley demographic was manufactured.

I get these thoughts everytime i watch a tv show or movie with robots in them, first Ex Machina and now Humans.

Zombine

Banned
Messi is my other favorite poster other than myself. Honestly you're all great. Bii would be on my good list, but he wouldn't let me buy his amiibo.

Top Bottom