• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

DC and Looney Tunes covers for November.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...-with-looney-tunes-for-november-variant-month

gAEqtxm.jpg

Hagi

noto da god

Read Archer and Armstrong #1. It's pretty good, funny even. This Valiant stuff might not be so bad after all.

Sadist

Wait we're getting an Incredibles II trailer?

Laaaawd yes.

Btw, I read The Walking Dead #145 and Batman #43;

The Walking Dead was a build up issue, I'm fine with that. The cover for the next one though, oh my.

As for Batman... I'm disappointed.
As much as I liked the prior arc, the current one is actually using a amnesia plotline? Yeah I know, Bruce's brain got rebooted into a new brain, he isn't Batman anymore yada yada, but I thought that was super cheap. I did however like how Alfred threatened Clark though.

And while I kinda like Gordon as Batman (something about seeing a more slim Batman smoking a cigarette is very cool) it's still weird. That Mr. Bloom character however... yikes. Creepy.

Zombine

Banned
Wait we're getting an Incredibles II trailer?

Laaaawd yes.

Btw, I read The Walking Dead #145 and Batman #43;

The Walking Dead was a build up issue, I'm fine with that. The cover for the next one though, oh my.

I wonder what they're leading up to for the big #150? No real word on an event yet, and I don't know if they'll do an All Out War ever again.

Sadist

I wonder what they're leading up to for the big #150? No real word on an event yet, and I don't know if they'll do an All Out War ever again.
Well looking back at the last few issues...

Possible "shocking" outcomes;

1. Kirkman is heavily hinting at Maggie going rogue. The cover for the next issues looks like Maggie and Rick having fisticuffs with eachother. I wouldn't be surprised if Rick lashes out at her for killing Gregory (he did deserve it, prick) and Maggie getting mad at Rick because of the Carl thing. It would be two very weird things to get mad about, but it could cause a rift between friends. Even worse... Rick killing off one of his oldest friends. We didn't have one of those moments in the comics yet right? (Not counting Shane lol)

2. Or we could get the usual... Rick and Maggie giving each other the cold shoulder, but they have set aside their differences because one of the communities is targeted by Alpha going nuts and wanting her daughter back.

3. Negan lol

4. Really a plottwtist nobody saw coming, something like a death akin to Glen in #100.

I dunno.

Zombine

Banned
Well looking back at the last few issues...

Possible "shocking" outcomes;

1. Kirkman is heavily hinting at Maggie going rogue. The cover for the next issues looks like Maggie and Rick having fisticuffs with eachother. I wouldn't be surprised if Rick lashes out at her for killing Gregory (he did deserve it, prick) and Maggie getting mad at Rick because of the Carl thing. It would be two very weird things to get mad about, but it could cause a rift between friends. Even worse... Rick killing off one of his oldest friends. We didn't have one of those moments in the comics yet right? (Not counting Shane lol)

2. Or we could get the usual... Rick and Maggie giving each other the cold shoulder, but they have set aside their differences because one of the communities is targeted by Alpha going nuts and wanting her daughter back.

3. Negan lol

4. Really a plottwtist nobody saw coming, something like a death akin to Glen in #100.

I dunno.

Negan
will absolutely play some sort of major role. I think that
there will be some sort of uneasy alliance between Rick & Negan to overcome Alpha.

You should read No Hero after The Boys, if you like Warren Ellis at all you'll love this it's his best work since Planetary.

I'm not going all in on The Boys just yet. I liked the first issue, but not enough to drop everything I'm reading for it.

I'll look into No Hero, though. I started Transmet as well, but I only finished the first volume. Nextwave is also on the list.

lol Avatar Press

Hagi

I'm not going all in on The Boys just yet. I liked the first issue, but not enough to drop everything I'm reading for it.

I'll look into No Hero, though. I started Transmet as well, but I only finished the first volume. Nextwave is also on the list.

lol Avatar Press

I'm kidding don't read that it's terrible and mighty fucked up to boot. I've never really been grossed out by many comics but that's definitely up there.

Uber is Avatar and that's supposed to be good I think. Not sure if it's just good for Avatar or it's actually good though. I like Kieron Gillen so maybe it's worth the chance,

I'm kidding don't read that it's terrible and mighty fucked up to boot. I've never really been grossed out by many comics but that's definitely up there.

Uber is Avatar and that's supposed to be good I think. Not sure if it's just good for Avatar or it's actually good though. I like Kieron Gillen so maybe it's worth the chance,

Shit Hagi, I almost trusted you for a second there. :(

I hate Gillen tho

Nah, there's nothing so clumsy in Fraction's run.

Holy shit, my memory is really fucked up. I thought for sure I read this in Fraction's run; I haven't even read Lemire's run.

Ponn

Banned
Hey guys. I had to drop my monthly DCBS orders almost a year ago because of lack of steady income and constant medical issues. I'm more stable now and finally have a reliable income again. I'm looking at starting my DCBS orders back up and since i've been out of the loop for awhile i'm wondering if there are any hidden gems I should be adding to my list or any titles that are just awful I should avoid? I went and just got their Marvel #1's bundle for Oct. since it looks like another one of Marvel's relaunches. I figured I will just get them all and then go from there deciding what to keep and what to drop. On the DC side are any of the Bat-titles must have's? Have the JL books improved? Are the GL books still a mess? Anything good Image, Boom, IDW side worth checking out? It's hard to guess what will be good for these future orders but maybe some who do the DCBS style ordering have more insight on what looks good or general good ongoings.

Hagi

Shit Hagi, I almost trusted you for a second there. :(

I hate Gillen tho

Why do you hate Gillen? that's a shame he's wrote a lot of fun stuff. Darth Vader is really good, I have Wicked and the Divine sitting on my couch but haven't got round to it yet.

I'll give you a legit good recommendation to get me in your good books. Read Madman. You probably won't regret it, it's amazing.

Hey guys. I had to drop my monthly DCBS orders almost a year ago because of lack of steady income and constant medical issues. I'm more stable now and finally have a reliable income again. I'm looking at starting my DCBS orders back up and since i've been out of the loop for awhile i'm wondering if there are any hidden gems I should be adding to my list or any titles that are just awful I should avoid? I went and just got their Marvel #1's bundle for Oct. since it looks like another one of Marvel's relaunches. I figured I will just get them all and then go from there deciding what to keep and what to drop. On the DC side are any of the Bat-titles must have's? Have the JL books improved? Are the GL books still a mess? Anything good Image, Boom, IDW side worth checking out? It's hard to guess what will be good for these future orders but maybe some who do the DCBS style ordering have more insight on what looks good or general good ongoings.

DC: Grayson, Batman, Gotham Academy

Marvel: Ms Marvel, idk what else

Valiant: everything, but especially Ivar, Timewalker. If you're into digital, Archer & Armstrong is on sale on CMX and that is as fun as fun gets.

Image: Deadly Class, Velvet, Saga, Southern Bastards, The Fade Out, Lazarus

Afterlife with Archie

Why do you hate Gillen? that's a shame he's wrote a lot of fun stuff. Darth Vader is really good, I have Wicked and the Divine sitting on my couch but haven't got round to it yet.

I'll give you a legit good recommendation to get me in your good books. Read Madman. You probably won't regret it, it's amazing.

I liked Young Avengers, but WicDiv does nothing for me and Phonogram pissed me off in the first issue lol

You should try Journey Into Mystery if you liked YA. I didn't really care for Phonogram either. Darth Vader is good if you are into Star Wars.

I was going to hit up some Star Wars stuff when I got home yesterday, but I started reading Gotham Central. Darth Vader was at the top of the list.

I can only really speak for DC, so...

-Batman books: Batman, Gotham Academy, We Are Robin, and Grayson are money. Get on those. Red Hood / Arsenal is a fun little action buddy comedy title that is very, very dumb, but nevertheless enjoyable. Robin, Son of Batman is good, but still kind of finding its feet and could go either way at this point.

-JL main is good-ish. Can't speak for the others.

-Can't speak for GL.

Others you should be reading include Omega Men, Starfire, Omega Men, Action Comics (make sure you start with #41), Omega Men, Catwoman (you only want the issues since Valentine took over, may want to look into Batman Eternal if you can find it for cheap), and... did I say Omega Men?

Because you should really be reading Omega Men.

Gotham Central is so good I'd just keep reading that and ignore everything else lol

Sounds like a plan. I finished Fear Agent yesterday, and I grabbed GC off the shelf randomly. Downed 11 issues without even thinking about it. Words cannot describe how amazing this series is.

Hagi

Sounds like a plan. I finished Fear Agent yesterday, and I grabbed GC off the shelf randomly. Downed 11 issues without even thinking about it. Words cannot describe how amazing this series is.

That opener with Mr Freeze let me know I was in for something special. I really need to buy physical copies but I'm hoping for some hardback trades or collections at some point. Haven't read Fear Agent yet, might look into it if the library editions get cheaper on Amazon UK.

I'm looking at starting my DCBS orders back up and since i've been out of the loop for awhile i'm wondering if there are any hidden gems I should be adding to my list or any titles that are just awful I should avoid?

I won't list everything, but I'll name some of my favorites.

Image: Deadly Class, Low, Rat Queens, Saga, Lazarus, Velvet, East of West, Shutter, The Beauty, We Stand on Guard

DC: Gotham Academy, Omega Men, Grayson, Batman

Marvel: Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Ms. Marvel, Secret Wars, Silver Surfer

There are.... other games. You know?

I have major choice paralysis, also known as buying too many games on Steam. I don't want to start something in case there's a surprise release, because I won't finish the new game then.

I was going to buy Toy Soldiers: War Chest, but I only want the special guest armies (Masters of the Universe, G.I. Joe, Cobra and ,er, Assassin's Creed for some reason), it's locked to 30FPS and it's THIRTY QUID which is outrageous.

There's always Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm, I guess.

We need to get a Rocket League game night going.

I actually just started it myself; it really is pretty great. Devoured volume 1, volume 2 keeps stepping it up. Fantastic stuff.

Hagi

I have major choice paralysis, also known as buying too many games on Steam. I don't want to start something in case there's a surprise release, because I won't finish the new game then.

I was going to buy Toy Soldiers: War Chest, but I only want the special guest armies (Masters of the Universe, G.I. Joe, Cobra and ,er, Assassin's Creed for some reason), it's locked to 30FPS and it's THIRTY QUID which is outrageous.

There's always Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm, I guess.

We need to get a Rocket League game night going.

Toy Soldiers is £30? I just watched the quicklook and it looks fun but not at that price

Ponn

Banned
DC: Grayson, Batman, Gotham Academy

Marvel: Ms Marvel, idk what else

Valiant: everything, but especially Ivar, Timewalker. If you're into digital, Archer & Armstrong is on sale on CMX and that is as fun as fun gets.

Image: Deadly Class, Velvet, Saga, Southern Bastards, The Fade Out, Lazarus

Afterlife with Archie

I can only really speak for DC, so...

-Batman books: Batman, Gotham Academy, We Are Robin, and Grayson are money. Get on those. Red Hood / Arsenal is a fun little action buddy comedy title that is very, very dumb, but nevertheless enjoyable. Robin, Son of Batman is good, but still kind of finding its feet and could go either way at this point.

-JL main is good-ish. Can't speak for the others.

-Can't speak for GL.

Others you should be reading include Omega Men, Starfire, Omega Men, Action Comics (make sure you start with #41), Omega Men, Catwoman (you only want the issues since Valentine took over, may want to look into Batman Eternal if you can find it for cheap), and... did I say Omega Men?

Because you should really be reading Omega Men.

Grayson is good? That makes me happy because I was a Nightwing fanboy and loved Bat-Dick and wished his stint was longer. Is Batman Beyond any good? Gotham Academy, I saw that but wasn't sure. Glad I asked now will try it. Is Harley any good? And I will give Omega Men a try since its was worth mentioning more than once.

Valiant? I will check out their offerings, wasn't a fan of them but will see if any of those catch my eye. I forgot about Saga, been meaning to pick that series up from the word of mouth. I'm glad to hear Ms. Marvel is still good too. Thanks for all the recommendations.

I won't list everything, but I'll name some of my favorites.

Image: Deadly Class, Low, Rat Queens, Saga, Lazarus, Velvet, East of West, Shutter, The Beauty, We Stand on Guard

DC: Gotham Academy, Omega Men, Grayson, Batman

Marvel: Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Ms. Marvel, Secret Wars, Silver Surfer

Lots of Image recommends. I need to go back over their listings again then. Thank you everyone.

Toy Soldiers is £30? I just watched the quicklook and it looks fun but not at that price

€30, not sure about the Queen's money.

It's €15 without the guest armies, who are €5 each, but honestly without them what's the point? I'd rather just dig out my 360 and play the original at that stage.

I don't know. Are you prone to T-BONING YOUR TEAMMATES WHEN THEY HAVE THE PERFECT FUCKING SHOT LINED UP!?!?!?!!?!?!

I'm pretty bad, but I like to think I have potential.

Grayson is good? That makes me happy because I was a Nightwing fanboy and loved Bat-Dick and wished his stint was longer. Is Batman Beyond any good? Gotham Academy, I saw that but wasn't sure. Glad I asked now will try it. Is Harley any good? And I will give Omega Men a try since its was worth mentioning more than once.

Grayson is fucking amazing.

Omega Men was a big surprise for me. I picked it up on a whim because the art was glorious, and while the first issue is a bit vague on story, things pick up in the two that follow. This book is going places.

Valiant? I will check out their offerings, wasn't a fan of them but will see if any of those catch my eye. I forgot about Saga, been meaning to pick that series up from the word of mouth. I'm glad to hear Ms. Marvel is still good too. Thanks for all the recommendations.

I haven't been reading Batman Beyond, but I was supremely unimpressed with the preview. Being spawned out of the impressively crap Future's End didn't do it any favors.

Harley is... well, YMMV. I didn't really like it that much, but it's a fun enough little title that certainly has its defenders.

Oh, and yeah, Grayson is pretty good. It's kind of the weakest of the "must buy" Bat-books, but that's more down to the competition in that particular category being absolutely lethal. It's the US in the last world cup.

Top Bottom