• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

tumblr_mskaosbspU1qiijr6o1_500.gif

This isn't even your final form?

Launchpod is growing on me.

:D

Messi

Someday you will all look around and realize that I am gone. Then you will wonder was I ever even here. Was I even real.

Messi

Guys...I just noticed something. Why doesn't Gotham Academy have a November Looney Toons variant? Wouldn't that book be perfect for a looney toons cover considering the market. Unless it is cancelled and that is why it doesnt have a solicit :(

Also Batgirl doesn't have one as she hasnt been part of any of the variant months since the Joker cover fuck up and Cameron Stewart complained.

Speaking of Batgirl, I got my Box o' DC statues today from DCBS. I really like the B&W Batgirl statue, despite the pointy jaw. Which is good, considering that I ordered the 12" color version coming in October.

Messi

Speaking of Batgirl, I got my Box o' DC statues today from DCBS. I really like the B&W Batgirl statue, despite the pointy jaw. Which is good, considering that I ordered the 12" color version coming in October.

Still waiting for my one from the week before and my batgirl. Yay for living in ireland.

Still waiting for my one from the week before and my batgirl. Yay for living in ireland.

I had Bombshell Lois ordered, too, but DCBS held it for a week so B&W Batgirl and Cover Girls Bleez could come out and they could all ship together. Bleez is fucking awesome. She feels light, like the same material the B&W statues are made from (cold-cast porcelain, I think). Not the heavy stuff like the Bombshells.

Messi

I had Bombshell Lois ordered, too, but DCBS held it for a week so B&W Batgirl and Cover Girls Bleez could come out and they could all ship together. Bleez is fucking awesome. She feels light, like the same material the B&W statues are made from (cold-cast porcelain, I think). Not the heavy stuff like the Bombshells.

PREMIUM BOMBSHELL QUALITY ONLY THE BEST FOR OL MESSI

Anyone wanna try this?

It'd be great to watch something together.

How do you feel about watching every single Olivia Wilde movie on Netflix. There are like 10 of them and then house. We don't have to watch the episodes she isnt in.

PREMIUM BOMBSHELL QUALITY ONLY THE BEST FOR OL MESSI

It's weird though, because the Vertigo Cover Girls statues are made out of the same stuff as the Bombshells. Bleez is my first DC Cover Girl, so I can't comment on the others (maybe Korupt can), but it seems the DC ones are porcelain like the B&W statues.

Messi

It's weird though, because the Vertigo Cover Girls statues are made out of the same stuff as the Bombshells. Bleez is my first DC Cover Girl, so I can't comment on the others (maybe Korupt can), but it seems the DC ones are porcelain like the B&W statues.

Wouldn't suprise me. I have nearly bought the Batwoman one multiple times. The starfire one too. Its a lovely statue but I hate the face. They were so close and fucked it up.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I hate that they charge for bags & boards :(

Youll probably be underwhelmed at Toy Wars, it's small. Sky High on Rancho Santa Fe is pretty good, too.

Oh, I didn't even know about Sky High! I'll probably get around to checking both out eventually.

I think I'll take it for a spin after I finish GC.

What exactly put you off?
was it the guy's girlfriend getting her arms snapped off or the lady getting banged over her desk without warning? lol

Lol. I honestly don't even remember. I just remember being like "Yeeeah, I'm done."

I will change my avatar when I get tired of looking at it. So probably never

:D

Grayson is fucking amazing.

Omega Men was a big surprise for me. I picked it up on a whim because the art was glorious, and while the first issue is a bit vague on story, things pick up in the two that follow. This book is going places.

Hopefully it gets there fast. The sales numbers are utterly abysmal. Can't imagine it's long for this world.

Messi

I didn't read DC's yet.

Edit: Are they on CBR? Because I can't fucking find them.

The cancellation bin is still a place.

:(

It was solicited a month or two ago :)

You can pick up a few Ales Kot issues while you get your omega men from the cancellation bin.

I am sorry I don't like seeing books get canned

gabbo

Favourite one (Black Canary is 2nd best imo)
Does Oliver ever yell "Yoicks and away!" before slamming into things?
Hell I may grab some of these and I don't read a single one of the books.

Class is going really well. managed to clear Hellbro - Seeds of Destruction already. Onwards to Wake the Badass Moustache.

Also Nocenti's Secret Six seems kinda aimless. On ish 7,characters all going "oh lol, you stabbed me/shot me in the head. We still <3 tho"

I mean Groot is a dumb fucking character. A one note joke along the lines of Squirrel Girl.

That`s a kaeptain. Upgrade your troll game, breh

Messi

Class is going really well. managed to clear Hellbro - Seeds of Destruction already. Onwards to Wake the Badass Moustache.

Also Nocenti's Secret Six seems kinda aimless. On ish 7,characters all going "oh lol, you stabbed me/shot me in the head. We still <3 tho"

That`s a kaeptain. Upgrade your troll game, breh

Do you mean Gail Simone? Or did Nocenti write Secret Six and I don't remember.

I gotta ask dude, what the hell do you do with your life? It sounds from over here like you're taking grad courses and you just show up and read comics? lol

Top Bottom